"Jets reportedly have decided not to re-sign WR Edwards" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Jets reportedly have decided not to re-sign WR Edwards"

NYPhin24

Scout Team
Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...-resign-wr-edwards?module=HP11_headline_stack

Braylon Edwards won't be back with the Jets, the New York Daily News reported Saturday, citing a source.

The Jets would like to re-sign the free-agent wide receiver, but they don't have the salary-cap space, according to the newspaper.

According to the source, Edwards' return "won't happen."

Go get him Ireland, takes no draft picks, the more weapons the better, especially if Henne remains the starter, and an added bonus for Orton if that pipe dream comes true

Braylon at the 1, Marshall at the 2, Bess at the slot, Reggie as the HB/receiver... too many weapons that it might even make Henne look decent. Wishful thinking, but I'm not sure if it can happen. I wonder if Daboll coached Braylon before and if that connection will help us.

The guy's specialty is scoring TD's. He's an awesome redzone target. He already has some chemistry with Henne from the Michigan days. The Dolphins can easily outbid anyone else right now without overpaying for the guy if they really wanted to. It would be inexcusable not to sign this guy at this point. HE SCORE'S TD'S!!! Reggie Bush alone won't do much to improve this offense. Get another playmaker. Braylon is there for the taking. Don't sleep behind the wheel on this one Ireland!

Braylon at the 1, Marshall at the 2, Bess at the slot, Reggie as the HB/receiver... too many weapons that it might even make Henne look decent. Wishful thinking, but I'm not sure if it can happen. I wonder if Daboll coached Braylon before and if that connection will help us.

Why wouldn't Marshall be #1 and Braylon be #2?

It seems like everyone knew this for a week.

There are very few good FAs left so.......

I'd rather have Zack Miller but it seems that we are not looking at him. I doubt we are looking at B Edwards either.

you really think edwards is better than marshall?? HA!! i get what your saying though

Might want to take into consideration Miami's salary cap space.

It's great to want all of these players but you can only buy so many of them.

how did they have money for namdi (someone they didnt really need) and not edwards (someone who is desperately needed to provide a pacifier for sanchize)

It seems like everyone knew this for a week.

There are very few good FAs left so.......

I'd rather have Zack Miller but it seems that we are not looking at him. I doubt we are looking at B Edwards either.

This. Actually with the $ saved by not getting Edwards, Fins could have Zack Miller and Randy Moss (this year's deep threat until the rookie Gates has a season under him).

Getting Orton signed up has to be priority no 1 , but im all for signing B Edwards too at a reasonable price that is.

I hope this poster gets a TOS warning for posting in the wrong forum....

Back
Top Bottom