"Jets reportedly have decided not to re-sign WR Edwards" | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Jets reportedly have decided not to re-sign WR Edwards"

Could the lack of movement on Edwards and Miller may be an indication that they are waiting for Orton?

I am pretty sure Miami is looking at him, however, it isn't clear that he can keep out of trouble for another full year of probation. He wants #1 receiver money, so I belive the Vikings and The Jets have backed away. When his options are exhausted he will come down to #2 money, and then there will be plenty of interest. The Miami FO is probably just doing the homework and trying to structure a deal that has "behavior" clauses, much like the ones he scoffed at from Minnesota and San Francisco.

I am pretty sure Miami is looking at him, however, it isn't clear that he can keep out of trouble for another full year of probation. He wants #1 receiver money, so I belive the Vikings and The Jets have backed away. When his options are exhausted he will come down to #2 money, and then there will be plenty of interest. The Miami FO is probably just doing the homework and trying to structure a deal that has "behavior" clauses, much like the ones he scoffed at from Minnesota and San Francisco.

Although of course disingenuous, it would be funny if we signed him and he immediately was added onto JerseyJunk's self-serving contrived legal miscreant indictments he loves to spew about our club.

Edwards is ok, but if Floyd or Naanee are still available, I'd take either of them.

Either way, a solid second receiver with the addition of Bush makes Miami a much better team. Chad Henne will likely be the QB for the remainder of the year. The biggest problem is he hasn't had a defense that can bail him out like he did last year, and last yearhe really showed signs of improvement. MS for the Jets had Holmes and Edwards both as consistent targets that could get open. If you get henne one more solid target, with how well the defense has stepped up, Miami has a legitimate shot to contend in the division. Orton will not make a significant difference, he is no better than Henne. There are no QB's out there that will make any real difference for Miami this year. Surround Henne with the playmakers (like Bush and one more receiver), solidify the offensive line, and make Henne the guy for one more year. Sink or swim with him. Absolute confidence is what he needs to succeed. If it doesn't work, go all in for a QB in the next draft, the class will be deep with talent. I feel Miami should lock up a second solid receiver, maybe a RG and another offensive tackle, perhaps a solid consistent safety, and they are instantly ready to compete in one of the toughest divisions in football.

I'd rather have Edwards than Orton at this point and here is why:

with Edwards, Henne has no excuses not to succeed, so he either gets it done and we are in the playoffs or he doesnt and we draft a QB in round 1 next year and OMG WEAPONGASM! Rookie QB has two top WR's to throw to, one of the best slot guys in the league, a good pass catching back and if Charles Clay blooms the way we all want him to a young, solid TE. Oh yeah, we also should have a pretty good line to protect the new QB and a Defense that should always keep us in games. So, yes, he's a rookie, but he's flush with help and is in a situation created for his success. Think Joe Flacco in Baltimore. Drafted #18, not expected to start right away, gets put in the lineup week 1 and leads the team to the playoffs in each of his first 3 seasons.

If you invest at all in Orton (either via traded assets or on a FA contact if he is cut), this scenario becomes unlikely, especially if you send a draft pick for him (let's say it's a 4th, and he doesn't work out, then we have to spend an additional 2012 pick on a QB, meaning we spent a 1st and a 4th to find our 2012 starting QB as opposed to the first scenario when we only spend the 1st and the 4th is free to be used for another position).

Go get Braylon. Maybe we'll have the Killer B's on offense this time...Brandon, Braylon, Bush, Bess....

Getting Orton signed up has to be priority no 1 , but im all for signing B Edwards too at a reasonable price that is.

ORTON is d**k, and always has been "d**k". Now, this "stats machine", who runs up his totals in garbage time, even though he's in a passer-friendly offensive scheme, and who consistently chokes under pressure (especially in the 4th Quarter), wants to not only be d**k, but expensive d**k at that! MIAMI has seen enough d**k since DAN retired, and to ante up a fortune for more d**k is absurd. Miami has absolutely gotten enough d**k up its a** already. So again, why pay ANYTHING for more of the same??? Isn't MOORE enough? Or do you all want MORE than MOORE?

ORTON is D**k, and always has been "d**k". Now, this "stats machine", who runs up his totals in garbage time, even though he's in a passer-friendly offensive scheme, and who consistently chokes under pressure (especially in the 4th Quarter), wants to not only be d**k, but expensive d**k at that! MIAMI has seen enough d**k since DAN retired, and to ante up a fortune for more d**k is absurd. Miami has absolutely gotten enough d**k up its a** already. So again, why pay ANYTHING for more of the same??? Isn't MOORE enough? Or do you all want MORE than MOORE?

Got d**k?

Is this the same Braylon Edwards that every dolphin fan has hated over the past few seasons because he is with the Jets and HE DROPS BALLS!!!

Or am I mistaken?

I'd rather have Edwards than Orton at this point and here is why:

with Edwards, Henne has no excuses not to succeed, so he either gets it done and we are in the playoffs or he doesnt and we draft a QB in round 1 next year and OMG WEAPONGASM! Rookie QB has two top WR's to throw to, one of the best slot guys in the league, a good pass catching back and if Charles Clay blooms the way we all want him to a young, solid TE. Oh yeah, we also should have a pretty good line to protect the new QB and a Defense that should always keep us in games. So, yes, he's a rookie, but he's flush with help and is in a situation created for his success. Think Joe Flacco in Baltimore. Drafted #18, not expected to start right away, gets put in the lineup week 1 and leads the team to the playoffs in each of his first 3 seasons.

If you invest at all in Orton (either via traded assets or on a FA contact if he is cut), this scenario becomes unlikely, especially if you send a draft pick for him (let's say it's a 4th, and he doesn't work out, then we have to spend an additional 2012 pick on a QB, meaning we spent a 1st and a 4th to find our 2012 starting QB as opposed to the first scenario when we only spend the 1st and the 4th is free to be used for another position).

Go get Braylon. Maybe we'll have the Killer B's on offense this time...Brandon, Braylon, Bush, Bess....

I think a lot of Dolfans are struggling with a sort of battered wife syndrome, doing or supporting whatever it takes for the hope they won't get their heads kicked in this season, no matter whether it's the smart long term play. What's ironic is that some of these fans are the ones who are calling loudest for Ireland's and Sparano's heads, when a Kyle Orton trade would obviously be designed to save exactly that.

In many ways the very worst thing that could happen to this team is 8-8 or 9-7.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom