Jets trying to copy the phins/run wildcat with LT! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets trying to copy the phins/run wildcat with LT!

It is a gimmick play and the Jets had it in their playbook prior to even talking **** about it. That doesn't mean it's not effective, it is, and the Fins are the best at using it.

And LOL at the reactions to the Marshall comment. I asked how he did, never implied he would stink. Check my post history on Marshall, I'm sure he'll be a great receiver so long as he's on the field.

That's the thing, it's not a gimmick at all. It's a formation. Is the I-Formation a gimmick? What about the shotgun? What about a singleback formation? Are they gimmicks also?

LT isn't that old bro. He's just had too many carries over his career and is washed up. :)

:lol: Good one. Fair point too. I guess he is more or less my age, so yea he isnt quite old.......just washed up. Im glad you were here to clarify that. Good looking out!

:lol: Good one. Fair point too. I guess he is more or less my age, so yea he isnt quite old.......just washed up. Im glad you were here to clarify that. Good looking out!

Really??? I hate to let the facts get in the way, but Let's take a look ...
2009 LT 730 yds 12 Touchdowns / RB 648 yds 8 Touchdowns.
2008 LT 1,110 yds 11 Touchdowns/ RB 916 yds 10 Touchdowns.

I know Ronnie Brown is too young to be washed up. Maybe he's just not that good ... ONE season over 1,000 yards (a whopping 1,008 in 2006!) or maybe he breaks like a china doll when he gets hit. Whatever it is, his numbers pretty much suck for a guy who was drafted #2 overall.

I think our Wildcat will be just fine with LT.

I know Ronnie Brown is too young to be washed up. Maybe he's just not that good ... ONE season over 1,000 yards (a whopping 1,008 in 2006!) or maybe he breaks like a china doll when he gets hit. Whatever it is, his numbers pretty much suck for a guy who was drafted #2 overall.

Letting the facts get in the way huh. Here's a fact you purposely didn't allow to get in the way because you knew it would of ruined whatever point you're trying to make.

2009 LT 730 yds 12 Touchdowns / RB 648 yds 8 Touchdowns. LT: 292 attempts, 3.8 YPC / RB: 214 attempts, 4.3 YPC
2008 LT 1,110 yds 11 Touchdowns/ RB 916 yds 10 Touchdowns. LT: 223 attempts, 3.3 YPC / RB: 147 attempts, 4.4 YPC

No, Ronnie Brown doesn't suck. He's been splitting carries with another great back his whole career, including college. Which is a great thing. At age 31, Brown will still be a great back, while at age 31, LT is washed up, and a massive downgrade from Thomas Jones. But of course being a Jets fan, I don't expect you to realize that RB being able to split carries because of having another great back like Ricky Williams is a great thing. Better hope that injury prone Shonn Green can withstand a full season. Otherwise prepare to be a laughingstock with Mark Sanchez having to actually lead a team rather than ride the coattails of one.

You're leaving out the fact that LT had many more touches to get those numbers.

Average Yards Per Carry:

-LaDainian Tomlinson in 2009 - 3.3
-Ronnie Brown in 2009 - 4.4

-LT 2008 average - 3.8
-RB 2008 average - 4.3

-It took LT 515 carries to reach 1,840 yards combined the last two seasons.

-It took RB 361 carries to reach 1,564 yards the last two season.

-That means it took LaDainian Tomlinson an extra 154 carries just to gain an extra 276 yards. :lol: :hclap:

Oh, and now it's called 'The Wildcat'? Not the Seminole anymore? :lol:

I wonder if Bart Scott will tell his coach that the wildcat is a gimmick offense that wont work and he is an idiot for trying to imploy it?

Too bad just like most other wanna be wildcat formations in the league, no one can run it the way the phins do with Ronnie Brown. Good luck if you bring that noise against the phins too. Who else's defense gets better reps vs. the wildcat than the phins'?

Edit: Forgot the link. Sorry. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/08/14/jets-incorporate-lt-into-their-wildcat-package/
We ran that formation long before you guys made it famous in 2008 and we were running last year but we don't use it as often as you guys use.

We ran that formation long before you guys made it famous in 2008 and we were running last year but we don't use it as often as you guys use.

oldnews-1.jpg

BooHooWillis has mentioned it in this thread several times already.

It's not about who invented it. My ***** was the fact that it's referred to as a "gimmick" offense which it certainly is not a gimmick.

BooHooWillis has mentioned it in this thread several times already.

It's not about who invented it. My ***** was the fact that it's referred to as a "gimmick" offense which it certainly is not a gimmick.

It is a gimmick, I hate it and I don't think it's real football. I am not a big fan of trick plays in general except on rare occasions and this is basically a trick play formation.

I'm just not sure what the big deal is. The NFL is a league of copying what works, From the 4-6 defense, to the west coast offense, to the zone blitz, to the wildcat. If it works other teams will try it, i don't know why this is such a surprise.

But it's not a trick play. A gimmick is a form of trickery. There's no trickery involved in the Wildcat.

Of course there is, you are giving a talented RB a triple option. It's a gimmick and it will last as a trcik play now and then but it wouldn't last as a primary offense.

It's a formation. You see them line up in the formation. You know it's coming. It's either going to Ronnie Brown or Ricky Williams. Chad Henne is out wide. You know he isn't getting the football thrown his way. Chad Henne isn't beating a defender downfield and Ronnie isn't throwing it downfield. And if that DOES happen then your defense has more problems than you think.

It's a formation. No different than the shotgun formation with four receivers. That's four options the QB can throw to. Playaction is more trickery than the Wildcat. Even the fat guy sitting behind me in section 210 knows when the Wildcat is coming because his fat *** is yelling it in my ear everytime he sees the formation. If your defense shows blitz and doesn't blitz is that trickery? Nah.

Statue of Liberty play...that's trickery. Dan Marino's fake spike was trickery. That's a gimmick. You remember that, right?

Back
Top Bottom