Jim Brown compliments dolphin players | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jim Brown compliments dolphin players

burton87

Favorite Dolphin = Bill Gramatica
Reaction score
Just saw this on NFL total access,

Patrick Kerney (who was co-hosting the show) asked Jim brown what he feels about what he though the importance of a players height, speed, etc was, and how certain intangibles can't be measured (ie. heart, leadership, etc)

And Jim Brown responded to the question using zach thomas as an example, saying even though he is undersized, he is an 'unbelievable' football player, and Jason Taylor has a basketball body, but he is also an incredible football player.

I know its nothing amazing, but it is the offseason, and there is little to talk about :)

Thats cool and true. Not quite as exciting as Ron Wolfs praise of Feeley tho!:)

Heres what Ron Wolf(one of the best QB evaluaters ever, who got Matt hasselbeck and brett Favre and others for considerably low prices wether it was low draft picks low trading etc.)

Wolf: Feeley Over Warner, Garcia...
feeley.jpg
Posted on: 2004-06-08

Former Packers GM and QB guru Ron Wolf has weighed in on QB A.J. Feeley. And it's a 'thumbs up'.

Wolf said Monday he has extensively evaluated tapes of Feeley. "I would personally take him over (Kurt) Warner and (Jeff) Garcia," Wolf said from his Maryland home. "I am very impressed with A.J. In a critical situation, he helped the Eagles win four games. At a vital time when everybody in the city of Philadelphia was predicting gloom and doom, he did not lose."

Wolf said he isn't sure he would rate Feeley over Kerry Collins, who signed with the Raiders, but that "there must be something there with him" considering he was let go by the Giants and the Panthers after long playoff runs.

Wolf, who traded a first-round pick for Brett Favre and drafted Mark Brunell (fifth round), Matt Hasselbeck (sixth round) and Aaron Brooks (sixth round) was asked whether five starts are enough to project a quarterback like Feeley.

"It's hard, but you are evaluating him at the ultimate level," Wolf said. "I knew going into the tape that I did not care for Feeley at Oregon but after watching him in Philly, I changed my mind. The most important thing is: Does he move the offense? And he made the plays to move the offense when he was in there."

That he would use two fins is great. It also says something more about JJ's personnel skills that he looked past the measurables and found both players.

Back
Top Bottom