Jim Brown = IDIOT | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jim Brown = IDIOT

fins1

Sec 143Row 26 Seats 7,8
Club Member
Reaction score
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/content/sports/epaper/2004/07/30/m1a_ricky_0730.html

"In an interview with ESPN Radio 760 in West Palm Beach, Hall of Fame running back Jim Brown said his protg, Williams, does not have a drug problem.

"I think he has admitted to some marijuana use," Brown said. "The whole concept of marijuana use now is up for grabs. We don't know for sure if it's negative or if it's positive. Some people use it as a medical situation and some people use it in a recreational way. I have to take his word if he said that he has used it on occasion or uses it, but I don't think it's a problem."

What a jackass. Oh you smoke a little pot. Not a problem Ricky. :shakeno: :fire:

Consider the source. Wasn't JB in jail for beating his wife?

Yeah, that's a character reference of mammoth class and stature. :rolleyes:

I could not care less if Ricky somked more than Snoop Dog. What I care about is the fact that he chose to abandon his team at the worst possible time and take zero accountability or responsibility for it :fire: .

dreadlockera said:
I could not care less if Ricky somked more than Snoop Dog. What I care about is the fact that he chose to abandon his team at the worst possible time and take zero accountability or responsibility for it :fire: .
And I'm here to tell you that the behavior of Mr. Williams was directly related to his irresponsible use of illegal drugs. You can downplay it all you want, but marijuana is still illegal in this country last time I checked. His use of illegal drugs clouds his better judgment, and makes him do things he wouldn't do if not under the influence of an illegal substance.

I'm not blaming the pot for the problems here, but I am blaming the lack of personal responsibility and lack of use of intelligent judgment as the reasons for why things played out the way they did.

And those of you who don't see anything wrong with toting it up, just can look upon what Williams did as a classic example of stupid things that happen after getting high.

Yeah I know - pot is harmless. Sure, right - whatever. :rolleyes:

Jim Brown seems forget that its illegal. I really don't have a problem with Ricky doing it as long as he was playing and covering it up. Now its just an excuse to rip on somebody who quit on their team.

Jim Brown SUCKS, plain and simple !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have always thought that about him, even before this Ricky deal. But, I will add, I honestly think Brown and some of his stupidity has influenced Ricky and has in a round about way caused this situation. Brown has seem to have alot of influeince over Ricky the last few years, and its untelling the crap he has pumped into his mind !!

dolphindan1970 said:
Jim Brown SUCKS, plain and simple !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have always thought that about him, even before this Ricky deal. But, I will add, I honestly think Brown and some of his stupidity has influenced Ricky and has in a round about way caused this situation. Brown has seem to have alot of influeince over Ricky the last few years, and its untelling the crap he has pumped into his mind !!

My point exactly.

Jim Brown is an azz, first he wants the public to believe he is a social savior. He does not know anything about drugs. Ive been in rehab and let me tell you something, first I am nobody to critize anyone , but Ricky does have adiction. Everything he does is text book. No, if he cared about Ricky , he´d support him and be tough and confront the problem, that´s what a real friend would do, azz kissing guys are the worst enemies of a person with an adiction. So the real true it´s that Ricky needs helps. I am actually upset he couldn´t get it from the team, but at the same time it´s ricky´s process and he will decide when he steps out of the elevator to hell. On Marihuana, it wasn´t my substance, but I had mates which I got to know, and the consequences and the worst part of it. It´s that people think Dope is a "light" or recreational drug, believe I have seen frist hand how tough it is. Marihuana is a drug, and it´s adictive, I don´t care what people say about it. It´s same thing with alcohol. Why some get hooked and some don´t . Who knows ?

I hope Ricky process is a not very long and God may help him.
As far as quiting on the team and the timing, well that´s wrong and Ricky will pay the consequences.

baracuda said:
And I'm here to tell you that the behavior of Mr. Williams was directly related to his irresponsible use of illegal drugs. You can downplay it all you want, but marijuana is still illegal in this country last time I checked. His use of illegal drugs clouds his better judgment, and makes him do things he wouldn't do if not under the influence of an illegal substance.

I'm not blaming the pot for the problems here, but I am blaming the lack of personal responsibility and lack of use of intelligent judgment as the reasons for why things played out the way they did.

And those of you who don't see anything wrong with toting it up, just can look upon what Williams did as a classic example of stupid things that happen after getting high.

I agree. Pot is probably the most dangerous drug because it's so nieve. It ruins your life without you knowing it was the cause. I wouldn't be surpriesed if Ricky goes on to stronger drugs as most marijuana users do.

Speaking of Jim Brown, what is up with that silly-*** hat? That thing must be smelling pretty lethal by about now.

Cummon guys, either you have never smoked pot in your lives, or you are just grasping at things to be mad at.

I am upset at ricky too, but not for smoking weed, for quiting on his team.

Anyone who thinks that smoking pot will make you eventually turn to harder drugs has never tried bud. And to the gentleman who claimed that just because it is illegal that makes ricky a bad guy, cummon. So you're telling me that if aspirin, or eating chicken became illegal that anyone who uses aspirin or eats chicken is a bad guy? :confused:

The fact that ricky quit is ad but it's HIS CHOICE. What if someone told you that you had to stay working at a job you hated and you already had enough money to last the rest of your life? How many of you would do exactly what ricky did? ALL OF YOU!! The only thing here is the timing of when he did it. The pot smoking, and all the rest of this stuff is nonsense. We all need to start looking foward at the upcoming season, not harping on the pot issue. Because it's really not an issue anyway.
:goof:

pooponpats said:
Anyone who thinks that smoking pot will make you eventually turn to harder drugs has never tried bud.
Yes I have. A lot, especially in College (I went to a music school) AND YES I did have friend who turned to "harder" drugs because the high they got from weed wasn't enough anymore.
1 guy died from a cocaine overdose 1 month prior to graduation.
1 guy eventually moved up to the king daddy of all drugs-heroin. Is he alive? Is he drug free? Is he HIV positive? Don't know, lost touch.

Most of the potheads I hung out with in HS progressed to nowhere and nothing fast. Last I saw of them they were all dropping dark star acid (because taking hit off the bong was no longer a thrill), listening to the dead whilst still living in Mommy and Daddy's house. Sad.
Maybe they have become productive members of society I don't know. HS was a long time ago and never went back to any reunions to find out (2001 marked my 20th).

I got away from all that a loooong time ago.

so don't pull the bull**** party line they handed out in "High times" that pot smoking does not lead to harder drugs. It does.

oh boy, here goes the whole marijuana bull-sh-t. its really no big deal if you know how to handle your life and priorities. hell, coke is no big deal in moderation

baracuda said:

:roflmao: :roflmao:

Back
Top Bottom