Jim Brown, showing his intelligence and class | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jim Brown, showing his intelligence and class

Finfan80 said:
So Jim Brown thinks we got a bargain? Two first rounders for two seasons of non-playoff football. He incorrectly goes on to say the FO didn't rework Ricky's contract when he came on board..."Money never brings happiness" huh? Wonder how he felt when he didn't have any. A lot better not worrying about next month's rent, eh Jim? I wonder where this idiot gets off, and what role he played in 'advising' Ricky
Also have to like Mack Brown's input. "Giving up something you love is never easy"?? I wonder if this guy has read a single press report! How many times has Ricky said he didn't love football?

Well if Ricky starts slapping around his girlfriends and begins fasting, than we'll know how much influence Jim Brown had on him.

Jim Brown is not a racist. He has one attribute which is also his major fault.

He firmly believes that the little guy always possesses the high ground.

Have you guys read his autobiography? I have.. and his number one comment through out the book is "some consitipated white guy" which translate into some honky thats full of chit..

Yep.. there is no doubt Jim Brown is racist!

Jim Brown was a great runner, that doesn't make him a great thinker. IMO he is NOT a great thinker and he generally heats up situations when he sticks his nose in. He was the first to retire way before his prime so who needs his jaded input? Let's face facts he doesn't love white people very much. It comes out every time he speaks. I'm not sure what anybody ever did to him to make him feel that way. He was paid very well for the era he played in so it's not like he was screwed. Racist? I don't like labels he's free to feel any way he wants. It would be nice he he didn't act as self appointed spokesman for every black athlete that goes through any problems. Despite all that I just said Jim is still cool with me.

CrunchTime said:
Yes.Unfortunately Ricky has been taking advice from the wrong people.Jim Brown,Mack,Lenny ? Not a normal balanced person among them.Thats like going from the frying pan into the fire.

Yup. He's been hanging with a bad crowd.

Jim brown needs to keep his moth and his opinions out of Miami football! He is a quiter just like this ganga smoking fool we just lost!

I have to admit that I have heard Jim Brown many times and to me, yes he is racist, and half looney as well.He may not be extremist, although at times, I have felt like he even crossed over that line, but he certainly does not care much for White America. I have never had anything wrong with a black, white, red, or any other race, their is good and bad in all IMO. It seems Brown hates the whole white community because of slavery, and he should remember that many whites fought against slavery, and if I had lived in those days, I would have been one of them. It was a horrible time in our Nations history, but we have to move on, many have, Jim is one who doesnt seem like he ever will.

Why bother even bringing up that Jim Brown is racist though. Compared to the other stuff on that wife beater's resume, thats nothing...almost endearing.

Jim Brown is definitely a racist, but it's strange to call him that. I respect the man because he has had the same views for years, but White America really gets tired of same old "the Man got you down" conspiracy BS.

I got news for everybody: look around you, the Man got everybody down!!!:D

Jim Brown only speaks for Black men and he could care less about a white man who has a problem with the NFL, he is always looking to play the race card. If jim spoke on behalf of the players as awhole then there would be no problem, but he doesn't. Let him be that way, you always here that the White man is trying to keep the black man down but I see people like Al Sharpten, Jessie Jackson, Jim brown trying to hold on to the slavery issue and apply it to today's world and I've never known a slave owner and I'm 38 yrs old. It seems to me that the black race has every chance in the world to become whatever they want to be, and men like the three I just mentioned are the ones holding their race down. The guy is a joke and has no place voicing his racist opinion. BTW, Lenny Kravitz and Jim Brown are both involved in Ricky's life right now and they are leading Ricky down the wrong path. Jim Brown doesn't give a damn about Ricky only that he is a black man and he's the one using Ricky just to blame the white race for the way Ricky feels.

Alright we don't have to be all like that. You have to admit there's a distinct possibility that JimBo believes the stuff he is saying and the reason he takes to guys like Ricky and Maurice Clarett is because he genuinely believes that they either are victims, or could be victims, of a system which is geared to reward "constipated white men" at the expense of young black soldiers. I don't see how you can question his motivation, just question whether he's right or wrong.

feelthepain said:
Jim Brown only speaks for Black men and he could care less about a white man who has a problem with the NFL, he is always looking to play the race card. If jim spoke on behalf of the players as awhole then there would be no problem, but he doesn't. Let him be that way, you always here that the White man is trying to keep the black man down but I see people like Al Sharpten, Jessie Jackson, Jim brown trying to hold on to the slavery issue and apply it to today's world and I've never known a slave owner and I'm 38 yrs old. It seems to me that the black race has every chance in the world to become whatever they want to be, and men like the three I just mentioned are the ones holding their race down. The guy is a joke and has no place voicing his racist opinion. BTW, Lenny Kravitz and Jim Brown are both involved in Ricky's life right now and they are leading Ricky down the wrong path. Jim Brown doesn't give a damn about Ricky only that he is a black man and he's the one using Ricky just to blame the white race for the way Ricky feels.
:shakeno:

I dont think Jim Brown is racist as much as he is prejudice. The root word of prejudice meaning to prejudge, I think he pre-judges whites in power I.E. NFL owners, Ohio state administrators ETC. as overly evil or what not. I am a black man and was embarrassed as he tried to white wash clarretts idiotic choices and faults to some phantom white conspiracy. When I hear racist I think of the KKK or something that will act on their feeligs of superiority with violence or other actions such as not hiring one because of their race. Lets face it, We all prejudge, Its human nature. Jim Brown is not a spokesman for the black race or black athletes. Maybe for paranoid ones who are in trouble as you never see or hear from him otherwise. BTW, slavery lasted 400 years and resulted in close to close to 400 million deaths. Just because your ancestors didnt own slaves or you personally never met a slave owner does not pre-clude anyone from feeling the aftermath of it in the united states. (please dont take that as an attack, it's just that its not that simple to say "I had nothing to do with it, so let it go".

Anyways this is a football board and i think we can all agree to say screw anyone who helped ricky reach his decision

Back
Top Bottom