jim1 final Dolphins mock 4/25/2012 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

jim1 final Dolphins mock 4/25/2012

jim1

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
1. OG/OT David DeCastro Stanford

Alternate pick- ILB Luke Kuelchy (Dansby moves to OLB)
Alternate pick- DT/DE Fletcher Cox (dude is a beast and can get after the QB)

2. QB Brandon Weeden Oklahoma State

3. WR Rueben Randle LSU

3. WR/KR Joe Adams Arkansas

4. OT Brandon Mosely Auburn (underrated athlete- great feet, coordination)

5. WR DeVier Posey Ohio State Great size/strength/speed, very impressive hands, was hurt last year)

6. WR Devon Wiley Fresno State props to CK on this call

7. OLB Brandon Lindsey Pitt (alternate pick- DE/OLB Olivier Vernon UM

Alabama DT Josh Chapman will be very tempting if he slides- dude is a beast and a gamer

My mock is WR heavy, but Bess and Hartline are overrated imo- high hopes remain for Clyde Gates. And, of course, Brandon Marshall is gone.

If we end up with Tannehill or Weeden I'll be alright...but 4 WRs? And Posey one of them? No freakin thank you.

i wouldn't sleep on posey...i don't want him but i've heard some miami likes him stuff

1. OG/OT David DeCastro Stanford

Alternate pick- ILB Luke Kuelchy (Dansby moves to OLB)
Alternate pick- DT/DE Fletcher Cox (dude is a beast and can get after the QB)

2. QB Brandon Weeden Oklahoma State

3. WR Rueben Randle LSU

3. WR/KR Joe Adams Arkansas

4. OT Brandon Mosely Auburn (underrated athlete- great feet, coordination)

5. WR DeVier Posey Ohio State Great size/strength/speed, very impressive hands, was hurt last year)

6. WR Devon Wiley Fresno State props to CK on this call

7. OLB Brandon Lindsey Pitt (alternate pick- DE/OLB Olivier Vernon UM

Alabama DT Josh Chapman will be very tempting if he slides- dude is a beast and a gamer

My mock is WR heavy, but Bess and Hartline are overrated imo- high hopes remain for Clyde Gates. And, of course, Brandon Marshall is gone.
Yeah Im higher on Tanny than Weeden, but I wouldnt be upset as long as we get one of the two. Love the Randle pick but I dont think he gets to round 3. Id rather have Kuechly or Cox over DeCastro. And Im with Truth...4 WRs...we already have 3 on the team that are guaranteed to make it, and there is no way we carry any more than 6..maybe only 5. Plus no significant pass rushers. I like the players though, except for Posey...just would swap a few out if it were me.

i wouldn't sleep on posey...i don't want him but i've heard some miami likes him stuff
Wouldn't surprise me. I guess all the success of Ohio State WRs in the NFL has them convinced. Brain Robiskie, Brian Hartline, Ted Ginn, Anthony Gonzalez and Roy Hall are the last 5 WRs from OSU to be drafted and I guess Ginn and Hartline have proven their worth so much to us that we plan on taking another WR from that school....geez.

Wouldn't surprise me. I guess all the success of Ohio State WRs in the NFL has them convinced. Brain Robiskie, Brian Hartline, Ted Ginn, Anthony Gonzalez and Roy Hall are the last 5 WRs from OSU to be drafted and I guess Ginn and Hartline have proven their worth so much to us that we plan on taking another WR from that school....geez.

no doubt...i'm prepared to hear his name as early as round 3...and i don't like it by any means...kid looked great in underwear at the combine but on tape...ugh

I see a lot of mocks with Weeden as the 2nd round pick, but I can definitely picture him off the board by the late 1st round.

Nice Jim. I am with you going 2 WRs in the third. I like Randle, Marvin McNutt or Jarius Wright there. I am afraid they'll draft Tannehill at 8 so I would go with Nick Perry at 42.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?rq4cqq

Not to enthused about your draft.
I too have concerns about the lack of a pass rusher. We lost Langford, Merling, and Taylor. What was once a strength is now borderline weak. We need DE's as much as we need WR's, OL, and a QB. Lot's of holes to fill. That is why I would prefer to trade down.
We must get pressure on the QB and protect our QB or we will lose the majority of our games. It is that simple.
With Garrard and Moore, we could survive the 2012 season with them running the offense. Taking Weeden would prohibit us from getting that edge rusher like Vinny Curry and others who are a great value. When discussing Weeden I ask, can he actually beat out either Moore or Garrard this season? My answer is no. No need to take him. It would be better to look for a mid to late QB prospect to groom for this season.

Back
Top Bottom