JJ Reddick | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

JJ Reddick

UCFinfan86

Oronde Gadsden's Official #1 Fan
Reaction score
Now that he is finally a senior, after being their for 10 years(or alteast it seems like 10 years) Is he the type of player to be a top 5 pick in the NBA draft? I know some playesr are good college players but that doesn't translate into NBA, but with reddick he reminds me of Reggie Miller to much and i cant see how he can't be a top 3 pick, Along with Morrison of Gonzaga and Randall Gay of Uconn

Top 3 might be a bit high, but Top 10 for sure.

MikeO said:
Top 3 might be a bit high, but Top 10 for sure.

Trajon Landon went about 13th and I think Redick may be a little better. Offensive shouldn't be the problem, guarding the other teams 2 guard will.

it really depends on underclassmen and Euros.

Since high schoolers can't come out, AJ will be higher than he normally is.

If guys like Rando, Aldridge, Gay, Boone, and Gibson come out he'll fall. IMO he is a lottory pick. He'll be a good 6th man/3rd option in the NBA.

Every team needs a shooter like JJ. He's not going to be the player of the year in the NBA like he is in college but he will be a nice addition to a team looking for a good shooter. He'll have a long NBA career like Steve Kerr's and will make some big shots for teams although like I said, he'll never be a star (although I hope different)!

Finfan86 said:
Now that he is finally a senior, after being their for 10 years(or alteast it seems like 10 years) Is he the type of player to be a top 5 pick in the NBA draft? I know some playesr are good college players but that doesn't translate into NBA, but with reddick he reminds me of Reggie Miller to much and i cant see how he can't be a top 3 pick, Along with Morrison of Gonzaga and Randall Gay of Uconn

He'll be a 10-15 pick most likely as for some reason duke players get overrated come draft day(Trajan Langdon was a lottery pick) but he's nothing more than a bench player in the NBA. He's not big enough or quick enough to score against NBA defenders. He's need a perfect situaion like w/ a Shaq where everyone collapses on him and he gets alot of open shots otherwise he'll be in Europe w/in 3 years.

JJ needs to add weight hes 6''4 180 lbs. to play SG in the nba he'd have to gain atleast 20 lbs. maybe even 30. I'd say play him at point but hes not a pg type player, hes got a great shot. In the nba hes a quicker version of Kyle Korver thats how i see it. Lottery Pick maybe depends how he works out, but someone will take him in the top 20 just cause the kids got a shot. Top 3 should go like this in no order

Rudy Gay SF UCONN
Adam Morrison SF Gonzaga
LeMarcus Aldridge PF Texas

Redick will, and should, be a lottery pick. He might be a top 5 pick if things break right.

JJ's game has come a LONG way this year. Last year, calling him a quicker Kyle Korver may have been accurate. Now, it's an insult. Redick's defense will never be outstanding, but he's working much harder on D and ambushing the passing lanes more. Also, Redick is doing a nice job of hitting teammates and his conditioning is superb. Finally, he's no longer afraid to take it to the rack, which is doubly important, since he's such a great free throw shooter.

Why do we always compare white guys to other white guys? There is no reason Redick can't be another Rip Hamilton in the NBA. Hamilton was never very gifted defensively, but worked his *** off to become a solid defensive player. Redick appears to be working toward that same goal. The conditioning and the quick stop-and-pop release, and the uncanny accuracy from mid-range are also similar.

phunwin said:
Redick will, and should, be a lottery pick. He might be a top 5 pick if things break right.

JJ's game has come a LONG way this year. Last year, calling him a quicker Kyle Korver may have been accurate. Now, it's an insult. Redick's defense will never be outstanding, but he's working much harder on D and ambushing the passing lanes more. Also, Redick is doing a nice job of hitting teammates and his conditioning is superb. Finally, he's no longer afraid to take it to the rack, which is doubly important, since he's such a great free throw shooter.

Why do we always compare white guys to other white guys? There is no reason Redick can't be another Rip Hamilton in the NBA. Hamilton was never very gifted defensively, but worked his *** off to become a solid defensive player. Redick appears to be working toward that same goal. The conditioning and the quick stop-and-pop release, and the uncanny accuracy from mid-range are also similar.

Good Arguements there man but until JJ Redick comes in the march madness and plays like he is now then hes not a lottery pick for me. Hes gonna have to have a huge march madness and get his team to the final four and then he might be a lottery pick. I say korver cause the kids shot is the same as him but korver cant drive and JJ being only 180 lbs. the kids gonna seriously have to add some weight. I dont take lots of stock into the nba draft though for like 90% of first rounders usually suck and like 4 or 5 2nd rounders impress every year just as much as the first. Redicks the 10 player on my board though being white or not, but saying hes gonna be the next rip hamilton come on man ;)

In the nba hes a quicker version of Kyle Korver thats how i see it.

JJ is not as quick as Korver, you are comparing the way JJ looks against College players to the way Korver looks against NBA players and that is a HUGE difference. JJ will never be as good as Korver is in the NBA.

Redick's defense will never be outstanding

Tell me how he's going to guard NBA 2's?

Finally, he's no longer afraid to take it to the rack, which is doubly important, since he's such a great free throw shooter.

Don't forget he goes to the line alot when either he pushes off or he is not fouled at all which he will not get those calls in the NBA- only stars gets those calls.

There is no reason Redick can't be another Rip Hamilton in the NBA.

Rip was always a clutch player in college something JJ has never been, Rip is also 6'7" which is a big advantage as he can shoot over people which JJ will not be able to do in the NBA. The only teams that should even think about Redick are teams w/ great inside games that can create open looks for JJ. He'll be out of the league w/in 3 years.

also one of my biggest doubts about redick i really dont even feel hes the best player on his team. Shelden Williams ;)

nyjunc said:
JJ is not as quick as Korver, you are comparing the way JJ looks against College players to the way Korver looks against NBA players and that is a HUGE difference. JJ will never be as good as Korver is in the NBA.

Yes, that's true, but it's also the only basis for comparison that I have at this point.

Tell me how he's going to guard NBA 2's?

He might not. He might be better served guarding points on a team that has a big point guard. If he has to guard NBA 2s, he may very well get out-muscled. He'll have to compensate by working the passing lanes, drawing a couple cheap fouls (which I think he can do) and just working hard to stay in front of them. Defense is mostly effort, though, and most players can be at least proficient on defense if they work at it enough, and that appears to be what JJ is doing.

Don't forget he goes to the line alot when either he pushes off or he is not fouled at all which he will not get those calls in the NBA- only stars gets those calls.

Rip was always a clutch player in college something JJ has never been, Rip is also 6'7" which is a big advantage as he can shoot over people which JJ will not be able to do in the NBA. The only teams that should even think about Redick are teams w/ great inside games that can create open looks for JJ. He'll be out of the league w/in 3 years.

Your Carolina blue is showing.

Rip seldom ends up shooting over people; he works relentlessly to get open shots, which I believe Redick may end up doing. A team that can utilize multiple picks and curls would be a good place for Redick, too. I'm not saying he's the next Rip Hamilton, but I believe he may have it in him.

He might not. He might be better served guarding points on a team that has a big point guard

He's not quick enough to guard 1's and not strong or big enough to guard 2's which is why he will be the next Trajan Langdon.

Your Carolina blue is showing.

Watch him play, he's allowed to push off on O and never gets called but if a defender even coms near him he gets the whistle.

Rip seldom ends up shooting over people; he works relentlessly to get open shots

But Rip is longer, more athletic and doesn't wear down. JJ wears down late in games and seasons which is why he has never hit a big shot in the last minute and never shos up come NCAA Tourney time. Rip doesn't wear down.

nyjunc said:
He's not quick enough to guard 1's and not strong or big enough to guard 2's which is why he will be the next Trajan Langdon.

We all know this guy can score. He will have major problems at the next level, playing D. Fred Hoiberg (the Mayor) can score and shoot, very similiar to Redick, and he has made a decent name for himself in the NBA. Plays about 16 mins., throws up some 3's, and lets whatever 2 guard he is trying to stop blow right by him. Stop comparing Redick to Rip also, Rip is twice the player that Redick is.

GreenMonster said:
We all know this guy can score. He will have major problems at the next level, playing D. Fred Hoiberg (the Mayor) can score and shoot, very similiar to Redick, and he has made a decent name for himself in the NBA. Plays about 16 mins., throws up some 3's, and lets whatever 2 guard he is trying to stop blow right by him. Stop comparing Redick to Rip also, Rip is twice the player that Redick is.

Fred Hoiberg also shot 48% from 3 last year in the NBA, JJ's career high in his 3 full seasons was 40% last year(was under 40% his first 2 years). he is not as great a shooter as the media would lead us to believe. he has never come close to even leading his own conference in 3P% so how is he the best in the Country?

Back
Top Bottom