Joe Haden or Byron Maxwell: Here’s how Miami Dolphins can weigh options | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Joe Haden or Byron Maxwell: Here’s how Miami Dolphins can weigh options

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
wallace1.jpg

If the Dolphins are seriously contemplating replacing Byron Maxwell with Joe Haden, the decision comes down to swapping out players whose reputations of being shut-down cornerbacks have faded in recent seasons, replaced by questions of whether their productive years are behind them and whether their bodies can withstand a 16-game NFL season.
http://dailydolphin.blog.mypalmbeac...l-heres-how-miami-dolphins-can-weigh-options/

lol I don't know when Maxwell ever had the reputation of a shut down corner.

When the hell was Maxwell ever a "shut-down" CB?

That's rhetorical.

Sounds like in many ways Haden and Maxwell would be a wash, probably financially as well. Save 5.5M by cutting Maxwell but probably have to sign Haden to something like 8M AAV, with a reduced cap hit the first year.

In a head-to-head comparison, Maxwell does bring a knack for forcing fumbles, which is definitely valuable considering how poor our LBs have been at that in recent years. And he played well when his butt was on the line last season before getting injured. Yeah, he stank it up against Philly but it's preseason and some vets just go through the motions. I don't think Maxwell is on the Phins after this season but I don't see the benefit of replacing him now with a very similar player.

The only thing Byron "toast" Maxwell has over Haden is that he's 6-1 with a bigger mouth. Just two wks ago he was claiming he was the best CB in the league. Right.

Back
Top Bottom