Joe Philbin Locker Room Post-Game Speech | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Joe Philbin Locker Room Post-Game Speech

You know it, I know it. Tony's were better.
HeY Ya Know, We Gaht Sum Tuff Guyz In Here, Some Real Tuff Guyz. Real HardWorkin. WE get that Hidden Yardige, The Chunk Yardige, Take Kerr of the Football, Gaht sum Real Tuff Guyz in here. Im Proud of Ya.
The NumBers Add Up!

It's so refreshing to have a head coach who knows how to lead a professional football team. It also helps to have a QB you can finally believe in! :)

So much better than nutbag Sparano who had zero control of his emotions. Sparano was really up or really down. I love Philbin's even keel nature, he's a professional and real leader. Shula was the same, he was always in control of his emotions and was always even keel and professional.

how many times have we seen sparano so depressed after a loss, or flying way high after a win. And during game weeks when he knew he was outmatched for the next game, his press conferences were littered with bitterness, a low almost whispering voice when he spoke, and teary eyed with smug answers. He's a loser, always has been and always will be. He had no control of his emotions which is a huge sign of immaturity. An not being able to control his emotions is why he burned out so quickly.

Philbin is not like that at all. He's always the same. Always dependable for the truth. and he has Brains to boot. This is the stability miami needs.

Can someone make a gif of philbin doing that dance!!!?

So much better than nutbag Sparano who had zero control of his emotions. Sparano was really up or really down. I love Philbin's even keel nature, he's a professional and real leader. Shula was the same, he was always in control of his emotions and was always even keel and professional.

how many times have we seen sparano so depressed after a loss, or flying way high after a win. And during game weeks when he knew he was outmatched for the next game, his press conferences were littered with bitterness, a low almost whispering voice when he spoke, and teary eyed with smug answers. He's a loser, always has been and always will be. He had no control of his emotions which is a huge sign of immaturity. An not being able to control his emotions is why he burned out so quickly.

Philbin is not like that at all. He's always the same. Always dependable for the truth. and he has Brains to boot. This is the stability miami needs.

Totally on point.
All the best coaches I can think of in the NFL are relatively level-headed. They might get animated on the sideline, or even in post-game pressers, but they're constructive in their defeat -- They find ways to bounce back as a staff, as a team, as an organization, and not with gimmicks or knee-jerk personnel changes.

Philbin has been one of the only Miami coaches I've seen thus far that has tried to not only make our chance of winning better, but the team as players better. He's made mistakes, seen players make mistakes, and he's worked to correct all of them. I remember watching the preseason games, seeing us play poorly every game on offense. The tone in his voice when he said "Our offense simply cannot be playing like that" really brought it home that he wont be putting up with mediocrity.

I wont say Philbin's a great coach just yet, but good lord, for the Dolphins to have a coach as good as he's doing in year 1? I'm on board.

Perhaps the refs feel he is a pushover and if he got in their faces and challenged them, maybe one of these calls would go our way... Maybe thats what it could achieve.
What would that have achieved? Except make Joe look like a prick. I like that we have a respectable coach.

That's the kind of speach I wish I could give. I am not as composed
in the moment. I admire men that are. I have my own way of leading, and
I think I've done a decent job throughout my life. I'm composed when I'm
dealing with situations, but when I want to make that last "Cap it off"
speach, I can't really do it. I'm also really bad at verbally communicating
how I'm feeling if a ****ing meteor isn't hurtling twords earth or something.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qa6vOp_8DtU

Pinning on my son's Infantry Blue Cord.

I had this speach planned. Rehearsed it for
literally weeks. All I could get out is "You know what
this flag means for me now." ... Barely.

Wy to go, COACH. COACH who lost his son in the offseason.....
COACH.

The men are reacting well to him.

I would too.

Goon,

That video of you and your son was amazing and powerful. The way your son STARED at you the entire time you were pinning on his Blue Chord...it was like he was just looking at you like this is one of the biggest moments of his life (which I am sure it was) and to get the respect, pride, and approval of his father was far more important to him than anything else at that moment.

Gotta admit it made me tear up, and I am sure the video does not do the emotion of the moment justice. Just the "look" that you and your son shared at that moment was incredibly powerful. One of those moments and bonds that only a parent and sibling can share. Absolutely awesome.

Dammit Goon....Had to go watch your video one more time. Still made me tear up.

Last edited by a moderator:
This link doesnt work for me..... I even went to MiamiDolphins.com and there wasnt a video there as well either. Some help guys, thanks!

Goon,

That video of you and your son was amazing and powerful. The way your son STARED at you the entire time you were pinning on his Blue Chord...it was like he was just looking at you like this is one of the biggest moments of his life (which I am sure it was) and to get the respect, pride, and approval of his father was far more important to him than anything else at that moment.

Gotta admit it made me tear up, and I am sure the video does not do the emotion of the moment justice. Just the "look" that you and your son shared at that moment was incredibly powerful. One of those moments and bonds that only a parent and sibling can share. Absolutely awesome.

Dammit Goon....Had to go watch your video one more time. Still made me tear up.

I've watched it about a bazillion times.

Leaves me in tears every single time. I'm sort of glad the audio picked up
everything around me, but not me. One thing that gets me is that woman
asking one soldier if he has family or not, and if not she'd pin on his cord. It was a great day.

Back
Top Bottom