John Abraham

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by finfan54, Mar 1, 2013.

1. finfan54

finfan54 A True Fan Donator

I ussually dont start threads going out to get FA for big money, but this cut today by Atlanta has me really intrigued because he said he may now be playing for another team and not resiging.

If ever there was a 10 sack man primed for the right side of the DL, this is the man. I think we should sign this guy. He is still a good player and is consistantly putting up 10 sacks and this is the guy who clubbed Jake Long in his first game and tought him a move.

This would plug any hole at DE and is an instant uprade IMO. What say you?

2. Ryan1973

Ryan1973 Pro Bowler

Too old!

3. spiketex

spiketex Kiko Alonso - El Bravo 47 the yappy chihuahua Super Donator Donator

There is a reason why he was cut. He was too old and too expensive. Maybe he has another year left in him, but we should not overspend for the hope of short term expediency. Maybe Dion Jordan falls into our lap in the draft.
    I think that the more attractive recruiting prospect to be ditched by Atlanta is Dunte Robinson.

4. finfan54

finfan54 A True Fan Donator

He is being talked about as a situational part time rusher, which is perfect if you ask me. If someone produces 10 sacks im sorry, that doesnt seem old to me. He is still making plays.

Besides, they cut him for money.

5. mia4ever

mia4ever Pro Bowler

If you sign Abraham we'll see less of O.Vernon as situation pass rusher...

6. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Premium Member

Fully agree.as I said in the Falcons cut thread I'd have been on the horn with him in minutes, making him feel the love and essentially letting him no there's no hemming or hawing with us bout value nd age and all that, we just want him.

---------- Post added at 09:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 AM ----------

That's an added bonus.

7. 67Stang

67Stang FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

He is a stud when healthy, but dude is always hurt and now old as well.

8. Kdawg954

Kdawg954 The D will RushYa, Like Moscow Donator

That's the thing . . . Vernon isn't a situational pass rusher . . . he had that flash sack and everybody thinks he's a stud pass rusher. His strength has always been the stopping the run . . . he's very Koa Misi like in that regard, however Koa Misi is a better pass rusher. Both guys are LB's in this defense IMO . . . Abraham is a pure 4-3 DE and would be a great guy at worst to bring in as your situational pass rusher, although I'd argue he could start opposite of Wake if we needed him to.

If Odrick lost those 20 pounds, and you franchise Starks if you can't reach a long term deal . . . you add Abraham to that list you probably could do w/o a DE early in this draft (although pass rusher should always be a need as 2 of our DEs would both be over 30).

9. dolfan4eva

dolfan4eva Starter

I live in Atlanta and everybody was glad to see him go if that tells you anything.

10. illscriptures

illscriptures We need better LB's

Olivier Vernon could learn a few things sitting behind a veteran like Abraham.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2013
  11. 2413fanphins

2413fanphins A True Fan

I'm not against bringing in abram for a short term deal. Makes it a lot easier for me to select cordarelle patterson at #12 overall that way, i can tell you that.

12. FinsUp13

FinsUp13 Member

I too live in Atlanta, no go with him!