John Abraham | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

John Abraham

finfan54

Active Roster
Reaction score
I ussually dont start threads going out to get FA for big money, but this cut today by Atlanta has me really intrigued because he said he may now be playing for another team and not resiging.

If ever there was a 10 sack man primed for the right side of the DL, this is the man. I think we should sign this guy. He is still a good player and is consistantly putting up 10 sacks and this is the guy who clubbed Jake Long in his first game and tought him a move.

This would plug any hole at DE and is an instant uprade IMO. What say you?

I ussually dont start threads going out to get FA for big money, but this cut today by Atlanta has me really intrigued because he said he may now be playing for another team and not resiging.

If ever there was a 10 sack man primed for the right side of the DL, this is the man. I think we should sign this guy. He is still a good player and is consistantly putting up 10 sacks and this is the guy who clubbed Jake Long in his first game and tought him a move.

Too old!

There is a reason why he was cut. He was too old and too expensive. Maybe he has another year left in him, but we should not overspend for the hope of short term expediency. Maybe Dion Jordan falls into our lap in the draft.
I think that the more attractive recruiting prospect to be ditched by Atlanta is Dunte Robinson.

He is being talked about as a situational part time rusher, which is perfect if you ask me. If someone produces 10 sacks im sorry, that doesnt seem old to me. He is still making plays.

Besides, they cut him for money.

Fully agree.as I said in the Falcons cut thread I'd have been on the horn with him in minutes, making him feel the love and essentially letting him no there's no hemming or hawing with us bout value nd age and all that, we just want him.

---------- Post added at 09:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 AM ----------

If you sign Abraham we'll see less of O.Vernon as situation pass rusher...

That's an added bonus.

He is a stud when healthy, but dude is always hurt and now old as well.

If you sign Abraham we'll see less of O.Vernon as situation pass rusher...

That's the thing . . . Vernon isn't a situational pass rusher . . . he had that flash sack and everybody thinks he's a stud pass rusher. His strength has always been the stopping the run . . . he's very Koa Misi like in that regard, however Koa Misi is a better pass rusher. Both guys are LB's in this defense IMO . . . Abraham is a pure 4-3 DE and would be a great guy at worst to bring in as your situational pass rusher, although I'd argue he could start opposite of Wake if we needed him to.

If Odrick lost those 20 pounds, and you franchise Starks if you can't reach a long term deal . . . you add Abraham to that list you probably could do w/o a DE early in this draft (although pass rusher should always be a need as 2 of our DEs would both be over 30).

I live in Atlanta and everybody was glad to see him go if that tells you anything.

Olivier Vernon could learn a few things sitting behind a veteran like Abraham.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not against bringing in abram for a short term deal. Makes it a lot easier for me to select cordarelle patterson at #12 overall that way, i can tell you that.

Back
Top Bottom