Jonathan Martin is retiring | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jonathan Martin is retiring

I knew post like were coming to fin heaven when I seen that Martin was retiring. Not every football player is cut out for the testosterone cut throat world of the nfl. Johnathan Martin is a smart guy that grew up with money and therefore isn't motivated by fame, women, and money that most professional athletes crave for. He will be a success in other areas of life because he is a nice guy and of his academics. There is more than one way to make a very comfortable living than being an pro ball player. This is why so many athletes can't make it after their career is over because they have no subsistence to them outside of sports and the extras that it brings to their life. Good luck Jonathan Martin.

I knew post like were coming to fin heaven when I seen that Martin was retiring. Not every football player is cut out for the testosterone cut throat world of the nfl. Johnathan Martin is a smart guy that grew up with money and therefore isn't motivated by fame, women, and money that most professional athletes crave for. He will be a success in other areas of life because he is a nice guy and of his academics. There is more than one way to make a very comfortable living than being an pro ball player. This is why so many athletes can't make it after their career is over because they have no subsistence to them outside of sports and the extras that it brings to their life. Good luck Jonathan Martin.

You're missing the point. Has nothing to do with playing in the NFL and being successful and everything to do with maturity and acting appropriately. Martin has and is neither. He couldnt handle the NFL so he ratted everyone out instead of simply retiring without making a big fuss, of which would have been the appropriate thing to do. The former, which was the path he chose, was the immature thing to do. Also, dont be so certain he will be able to easily get a job in other industries as it is normal practice for companies to not hire people who talk badly and cause problems with previous employers.

You don't remember the photo's of him with those hookers and booze? His texts to Incognito promoting their behavior, endorsing their debauchery? He stared failure in the face as he entered the NFL, and flinched.

He left college looking for fame and fortune. He has achieved "fame". Now for riding mommas and daddy's coattails to fortune.
Would anyone seriously retain him as an attorney?

To the contrary, Jona Martin was raised to feel entitled by his sycophantic parents.. and wouldn't you know it, Team Martin, parsed one of a few texts out of context to immediately play the race card - not thinking that Incog would then release all the texts which made Jona look worse than Richie. He's a crybaby quitter who put a gun to his head and threatened suicide, no doubt for attention and sympathy.. everything was honkey dorey until he failed at LT.. and then all of the sudden he's whining about bullying, and theatrically storming out as a result of the same prank he himself played on another teammate. He should just stay up in SF and open a flower shop.. that's what he's suited for. **** him and his manipulative ambulance chasing parents.

edit: oh but I do agree with you that he's probably not motivated by women.

Last edited by a moderator:

Then he shouldn't declare for the draft and allow a team to waste money and draft picks on him. That is just selfish.

Good for him.

Now he can pursue his passion in wedding cake figurine design!

aldon-smith1-12-9-12.gif

Bum

Martin heard we had a joint practice with carolina coming up and decided to hang it up

I mean if he truly is as depressed as he said he was I hope he is able to turn his life around. But that doesn't change that he and his party handled the bullying scandal wrong

Why Jonathan Martin retired

Instead it was a back injury suffered prior to training camp that forced him out of football.

“It just never got better,” said Martin’s agent, Kenny Zuckerman. “He was just hoping it would just get better and better every day, and it just didn’t.”

Doctors said that Martin had to rest his back for four to eight weeks without engaging in physical activity — something that would’ve put him well behind for this NFL season — and then he was a candidate for spinal fusion surgery, a risky operation that could have sidelined him a year.

According to Zuckerman, the injury left Martin very discouraged, something that went contrary to some media depictions that labeled him as a player who lacked passion for football. He agonized over what to do about his playing career before deciding to retire just shy of his 26th birthday.

“He went through a tough time, but he loved playing,” Zuckerman said. “(The injury) consumed his mind 24 hours a day.”
Zuckerman said there is “zero percent” chance that Martin plays again — regardless of whether the 25-year-old’s health unexpectedly improves.

Instead Martin, whose mother is a corporate lawyer for Toyota, likely will go to law school.

“If it was a guy who didn’t have that plan, I could see him sitting a year (and playing again),” Zuckerman said. “He’s a very bright guy … He’s ready to move on to the next part of life.”

After attending Harvard-Westlake (Calif.) High, a school known for its lofty academics, Martin, who majored in ancient Greek and Roman classics at Stanford, could have been the first ever fourth generation African-American at Harvard.

He was heavily recruited by the Ivy League school attended by his mother, father, grandfather and great-grandfather.

Instead Martin went to Stanford, where he became a second-team All-American in 2011, before starting 32 games during his three years in the NFL.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/why-jonathan-martin-retired/

Back
Top Bottom