Jonnu Smith and Dolphins reach a deal | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jonnu Smith and Dolphins reach a deal

Good to hear. McD does like the 12 & 21 personnel groupings.

The thought of Ingold, Jonnu, Achane, Tyreek, & Waddle on the field intrigues me.
It's definitely got me excited over here

comedy central GIF by The Jim Jefferies Show

(Cue circumstances)

The Dolphins have struggled to get production out of the tight end position under coach Mike McDaniel. Mike Gesicki led Miami tight ends with 362 yards in 2022 and Durham Smythe did so with 366 yards last season.

Miami addressed the position last offseason, drafting Elijah Higgins in the sixth round. But he did not make the 53-man roster, with the spot instead going to undrafted free agent Julian Hill.

Smith slots in as the Dolphins' best receiving tight end, with Hill operating as more of a blocker and Smythe operating in a hybrid role.

Anyone else feel like all that's really left to do on O is solidify the o-line (easier said than done) and find a slot receiver?

I feel like we can pick up a dependable veteran C without breaking the bank. I'd like to see Wynn re-signed. And then we'll need to replace Hunt. Think we'll probably have to burn a high pick on OL, but other than that hopefully we can focus on restocking the D so our new DC has some talent to work with and no major holes.

Anyone else feel like all that's really left to do on O is solidify the o-line (easier said than done) and find a slot receiver?

I feel like we can pick up a dependable veteran C without breaking the bank. I'd like to see Wynn re-signed. And then we'll need to replace Hunt. Think we'll probably have to burn a high pick on OL, but other than that hopefully we can focus on restocking the D so our new DC has some talent to work with and no major holes.

Hill and Waddle seem to spend a lot time catching passes where a slot receiver would normally roam. Doesn't seem like much of a need. OL is critical, Edge is very questionable with Chubb and Phillips injuries, CB is always a need.

I'm still going to argue that Waddle and Hill ARE slot receivers... and what we need is a true X, but other than that. I mostly agree.

seems fine i guess. too bad hunter long didnt work out. eveyrone loved that pick too. i wonder if he is still in the NFL? that one seemed to go off the rails here right away too. was wierd, one would think he should have been OK at least

Back
Top Bottom