Jordyn Brooks to Miami | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jordyn Brooks to Miami

Seattle (over) drafted him to take over for Wagner. Big shoes. Wagner went to the Rams for a year and Brooks was pretty good without him. My guess is Seattle moved him because he was a leader in the old regime. Interesting that we lost Wilkins and his front line leadership and just like that (snap!), our new leadership and strength is now at ILB! Somewhere Zach Thomas is smiling! Go Red Raiders!!!

Guys improve...

Brooks's numbers have greatly improved... never assume a player can't get better.

All of the board's biggest chuckleheads gave up on Tua and Ajax when they weren't great right away.

Especially LB, which is such an overwhelming position for most young players in today's game.

I've watched plenty of Seahawk fans because I love Pete Carroll. My summary on Brooks:

* Very visible player, the opposite of Jerome Baker. You always know he's out there, good or bad

* Physical effective tackler in space but needs to be weak side. Plays narrow for an interior guy. I've seen tight ends and double teams make him look bad

* Erratic in pass coverage but that might be because Seattle under Carroll overloaded their linebackers with that responsibility, IMO. I sense the new coach Macdonald plans to change that

* I am surprised at his PFF rating. My subjective impression would have been 10 points higher. Not sure why they have him that low. Numbers are my gig. Normally when I hear a name I can estimate within 3-5 points at worst

Good player and young.

Exactly. Pretty decent tackling machine. đź‘Ť

Larry David Hbo GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

I've watched plenty of Seahawk fans because I love Pete Carroll. My summary on Brooks:

* Very visible player, the opposite of Jerome Baker. You always know he's out there, good or bad

* Physical effective tackler in space but needs to be weak side. Plays narrow for an interior guy. I've seen tight ends and double teams make him look bad

* Erratic in pass coverage but that might be because Seattle under Carroll overloaded their linebackers with that responsibility, IMO. I sense the new coach Macdonald plans to change that

* I am surprised at his PFF rating. My subjective impression would have been 10 points higher. Not sure why they have him that low. Numbers are my gig. Normally when I hear a name I can estimate within 3-5 points at worst

PFF gave Roquan Smith a 47.something overall grade as recently as 2021 and just a 70.something in 2022. I think they have a hard time separating situation/ask from player at certain positions, and LB is probably at the top of the list of problematic positions for them.

Smith's 85.something in 2023 seems low still. But, I can promise you that he's not twice as good as he was in 2021.

Agree with you across the board here and in particular with the paragraph above him being visible. You feel him out there.

I'm surprised he signed for so little at his age. This should be the best group of LB's Miami has fielded since the days of Zach Thomas.

Back
Top Bottom