Josh Allen was the pick to make....... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Josh Allen was the pick to make.......

NYC#1finsfan

Active Roster
Reaction score
Not Josh Rosen who was highly coveted a few years ago in the draft. Allen has all of the tools and has moxie not to mention a cannon for an arm and good decision making. Minkah was the pick and look where that got us......Hindsight is 20/20 but it is fun nonetheless to play the what if game.

Not Josh Rosen who was highly coveted a few years ago in the draft. Allen has all of the tools and has moxie not to mention a cannon for an arm and good decision making. Minkah was the pick and look where that got us......Hindsight is 20/20 but it is fun nonetheless to play the what if game.

Lol you do realize Josh Allen was taken 6th we took Minkah 11th

I said I was looking forward to seeing if his tape in last years embarrassing playoff loss was something he would learn and GROW from. The addition of Diggs and another year of John Brown, could only help.

I was told by many on this board Allen was trash. No other explanations, just trash.

I still think he is growing and learning. He still lets a few throws get away, and he still struggles with securing the ball. But when he and his offense are consistently in sync, he looks like a natural.

Love his arm.

Was actually 7th, but I digress. At least we aren’t the Jets who took Darnold at 3. Or even the Browns who took Mayfield 1st overall. Allen certainly looks like the QB of the 2018 draft.

The Jests would ruin any talented QB including Trevor Lawrence. Their system is poisonous. It's the black hole of the NFL!!!!!!!!

If Allen makes himself good, congrats. He's certainly done well this year. As a prospect he was a huge reach, considering his college production as well as mental shortcomings that haven't come to play this year but were evident his first two years.

Was actually 7th, but I digress. At least we aren’t the Jets who took Darnold at 3. Or even the Browns who took Mayfield 1st overall. Allen certainly looks like the QB of the 2018 draft.

Darnold is being coached by Adam Gase whose results all around should speak for themselves by now. Baker got drafted by the Browns and had a rough sophomore year with bad coaching but despite people giving up on him is quietly doing well this year. Rosen...well we know what went down. Cardinals were a disaster, gave up on him, then we threw him into a total garbage situation...not having those debates here again. Lamar Jackson has outperformed all of them, but he wouldn't have been successful outside of the Ravens.

I'm watching the Bears with Foles right now. Trubisky was a punching bag for years but that team's offensive philosophy has been terrible the last two years. They have no consistent running game, no ingenuity, and predictable playcalling. A week after being a hero for doing something surprisingly easy for an air it out veteran to do (comeback), Foles is playing about the worst QB'd game I've seen in years. Teams can break young QBs and have been doing so for decades.

Lamar Jackson was by far the best QB taken in the 2018 draft. Baker Mayfield obviously didn’t play as well in his second year in the league than he did as a rookie. Yet he seems to be playing much better in year three and I doubt the Browns are upset that they drafted him instead of Allen. Allen is certainly better than a lot of people on here give him credit for and I think he will be a top 10 QB in the league for the next decade.

Rosen appears to be the only QB taken in the first round in 2018 who can be considered a bust at this time. It is really hard to determine if Darnold is a good QB or not. He is on a team with very little talent and he has Gase as his HC. So like Tannehill, he might actually turn out to be a decent QB if the Jets fire Gase and hire a real NFL head coach. Of course I expect the Jets to end up with the first pick in the 2021 draft and select Lawrence. So Darnold will probably have to develop into an NFL QB on another team.

Back
Top Bottom