Josh Sitton visiting fins | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Josh Sitton visiting fins

Sitton is from the Panhandle and likes cooler weather I think. Hope this works out. I've been chugging the coffee too and checking back on this one. This will kinda make all the WR stuff we did go away for me.

He only made 13M in two years in Chicago. We need to sign this guy. He is a stud and would be great to mentor Tunsil as well as a huge help playing next to him. No more free runs to the QB thru the left side and Larsen can slide over to his favorite spot on the right. Better run blocking as well.

Gives us good depth with Davis as the 6th option at G or T unless he beats out Larsen.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news here but.... One Guard is NOT going to fix our oline issues. We're bringing back pretty much the same oline we had last year with the addition on Sitton and we're supposed to be much improved?? NOT HAPPENING. We weren't one of the worst lines in the league because of one Guard. Last year Pouncy had his issues blocking, Tunsil had his issues blocking, James sure as hell had his issues blocking as well as all of the guards we rotated in there. Seems like the dolphins are hoping those players play markedly better and I'm not sold.
So should we replace all three of those guys too? Is that what you're suggesting?

Sitton played for Gase before. He's in the bag. A vet like him will help out Tunsil a lot

Ozzy rules!!

Sitton played for Gase before. He's in the bag. A vet like him will help out Tunsil a lot

Ozzy rules!!

I will bet you a beer- but hope you win.. lol and again the weather is perfect today...

I hate to be the bearer of bad news here but.... One Guard is NOT going to fix our oline issues. We're bringing back pretty much the same oline we had last year with the addition on Sitton and we're supposed to be much improved?? NOT HAPPENING. We weren't one of the worst lines in the league because of one Guard. Last year Pouncy had his issues blocking, Tunsil had his issues blocking, James sure as hell had his issues blocking as well as all of the guards we rotated in there. Seems like the dolphins are hoping those players play markedly better and I'm not sold.

You aren't wrong, but we also had a coked up coach fired during the season.

At times, the line looked decent - as it did in '16. Not consistently decent, obviously. But there was the odd stretch where they looked.... ok. So I'm hopeful we can be consistently ok.

There's no reason to be sold, but it is reasonable to think that Tunsil's second season at LT, playing next to a stud like Sitton (if he signs), Pouncey coming off a full 16 game season, Asiata/Larsen/Davis/Sterup/Brendel/rookie at RG, and healthy Ja'wuan James has the chance of being a productive line for us.

Ozzy rules!!
Sitton never played for Gase. He did ,however, play under our current OC and OL coaches last season

Yes we need more than 1 guard. If we can sign Sitton, then we can draft a quality player in 2 or 3. Then we better hope they come together and stay healthy. I still would prefer a new center and use Pouncey's money for someone healthier.

Yes we need more than 1 guard. If we can sign Sitton, then we can draft a quality player in 2 or 3. Then we better hope they come together and stay healthy. I still would prefer a new center and use Pouncey's money for someone healthier.
With SITTON on board, I think our OL is pretty much set, including back ups. Unless we take a flier on someone in the 6th or 7th, just not seeing any additions, with the possible exception of C. But if/when POUNCEY goes down we have BRENDEL or LARSEN.

Back
Top Bottom