Just a few thoughts | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Just a few thoughts

jroure

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I'm new to the site, so far so good. I like to see this community analyze our favorite team. Here are some general thoughts. I believe our greatest offseason aquisitions are Trestman and Sullivan. Their no-nonsense approach will help minimize Wanny's desperate/pessimistic approach. I hate seeing his face when something goes wrong! Furthermore, I believe we added by subtraction. It's old news but the release of the oline, marion, griese, and others is great thing. They lack any intensity and despite Marions probowl appearances, they gave up the long ball alot and he's been on the decline. I like the youth on the team, Boston is huge, etc. I still think we should get one more vet on the oline (see june 1 cuts by the Raiders and Cowboys oline). The muhammed rumor is great, we need a 3rd receiver. But let's put it in perspective, despite the upgrades on offense with the coaches we are not gonna wing it left and right. Our bread and butter will always Ricky. Although we play the nickle alot, an extra vet LB would not be a bad mood.

On lighter note, we need to upgrade the the logo and uniforms! Let's get with it...

On lighter note, we need to upgrade the the logo and uniforms! Let's get with it...

Nice first post and welcome to the board, but I gotta disagree I love our unis and even though the Dolphin might not be that fierce, it's still a classic and I don't mind it at all.

Welcome aboard, I like the uniforms/colors/Dolphin but that's me.

As to your assessment of the coaching philosophy, you are likely spot on. The personnel work is not yet done with additional WR's and LB's likely to be added imo. The key is probably whether or not the offense can come together and get the job done. It should be an interesting camp/season.

jroure said:

I'd love to see them go back to the '72 unis full time. No more of the orange jerseys, or the aqua on aqua. White on white with the old logo does it for me.

Welcome aboard. I agree with the coaching additions and we did cut the right players. Also the players via free agency and the draft were great additions as well. I think the FO has done a good job in the offseason. The only bad move would be to lose Wale. The logo and unis are good i wouldnt change them. I remeber when they had flipper jumping through aring of fire behind the goal post everytime we scored. That of course was back in the orange bowl.

Thanks for the good replies. I loveeeeeee Wale! He's very legit. We gotta keep him with Taylor, it's like Jordan and Pippen. And you can't replace a good DE. I pray that Chester can step up and get a rush up the middle. The DT (part of it is philosophy) are to stationary. I know that Zach benefits from that, but if they don't get a push, then all the pressure is on the DE's and that's alot. Plus I don't think in 15 years of being a fan that I have ever seen a Dolphin's Blitz work! Back to the uni's! I love the all white and the classic ones that they wore on Thanksgiving. However, they are kinda soft. The Dolpihin image on "fin2theend" thread is more intimidating and along the lines of the upgrade I imagined. I wouldn't mind having the Navy Blue Jersey as a replacement jersey. Something dark for away games. Think about the Raiders and Steelers, historically appear intimidating whether or not they are good. Don't get me twisted, uni's don't win games...but they may enhance an attitude and reinforce a NEW beginning. See the Rams, Patriots, Titans, and Broncos for most recent uni changes and all have seen the super bowl in recent years. Again, the uni does not play the game, but it can add to the attitude and make you feel better about yourself...kinda like wearing a brand new suit to a big job interview...you got the skills but now you look and feel better too. Holla!

Unless these veteran WRs & LBs can be enticed to come play in Miami for at or near the veteran minimum, getting one of each may be more of a (crack) pipe dream than reality when there's a Prince and his Chambermaid to resign long term.

interesting thought about the uniforms, something I have thought about many times.

Every time i play madden one of the first things i do is custom make the jerseys

The one i did that i like the best was black and orange (sick, I know) The numbers were orange and there were shoulder patches that were orange and the helmet had oragne stripes down the middle but the rest was a nice pitch black. That was my defensive mode uniform.

When we win the SB this year that something that most definetely have to be done..

Back
Top Bottom