Just Had a Thought | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Just Had a Thought

Dolfan1000

Hall Of Famer
Reaction score
Was thinking about our connection to the 4 guys we picked up today, like who on our coaching staff may have pushed... And then I remembered that Saban's right hand man (or as close as there is to it) is Scott O'Brien, former Special Teams coordinator for the... Carolina Panthers. I am sure that he recommended Travares Tillman for his ST ability, and thinks highly of Eddie Jackson and recommended him to NS.

There is my theory. It makes sense I think. For Heller, I thought maybe Jason Garrett, our QBs coach, who was a player/coach with TBay last season.

I'm sure Saban talked to Bellicheck before claiming Eckel as well.

Hmmm...good thoughts actually. Gotta check the validity of the connections though.

Astute observation Dolfan 1000. I think there's probably some validity to that

O'Brien has actually been a very important guy behind the scenes IMO. Surrounding Nick with the most possible NFL guys (O'Brien/Mueller) is very important.

As for Eckel, I think that maybe BB and NS had a talk, or for those of you that believe that now that they are in the same division they have cut off all contact, NS probably knew a bit about him just from coaching in college. He may have even looked at him going into this draft.

Back
Top Bottom