Just want to share this w/ the FINheaven by SirFin | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Just want to share this w/ the FINheaven by SirFin

mia4ever

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The Good-

Jeno James- I answered the Phinzone poll regarding most important offseason aquisition..Jeno James. I wasn't alone in my sentiment. He is proving to be much more than even the most optimistic fan could have imagined. I believe his spirit will rub off on the rest of the line and his tenacious work ethic might just nasty up our defensive line.

Chris Chambers- You never here a negative word from or about this guy. All he does is catch footballs! If the Dolphins can get him an adequate partner this will be his year.. if not.. then it will be like Barry Bonds hitting before Hideo Nomo... not protection.. nobody will have his back. Someone asked if Chris could get 1000 yards this year... the answer is yes.. an emphatic YES... it may all depend on what happins in Boston.

Jason Taylor- I know they are practicing without pads.. but all I've heard is how he is driving the OLINE, Smith in particular, crazy. He had a very average year last year and I for one believe he is going to go crazy on the NFL next year..

Marc Trestman- Trestman's influence will be felt on the first series of the year. He is a master at devising complicated passing games that are almost impossible to defend. Don't blame him for last year's stinker in Oakland.. word out of the Raider Nation is Bill Callahan had Trestman tinker with the Raider offense so defending teams couldn't figure it out like the Buc's had in the Super Bowl. The Buc's did a great job but it was more the lousy play of Rich Gannon than the total breakdown of the offensive system.

Ricky Williams- We have such an odd superstar. That's cool. I mean think about it.. he's driving around Australia in a Scooby-Doo van he bought on a whim.. he's out there all by himself.. cutting his hair.. walking around.. finding himself. He comes back to Miami and sells his car and truck for charity. He empties his apartment and sits around smoking apple tobacco from a huka. Apple Tabacco? Please... I can't believe the reporter bought that one... I believe Ricky will have a much better year this season for several reasons..1. He's rededicated himself. 2. He wants to be more of a leader.. not THE LEADER.. but a vocal presence in the huddle. 3. Jeno James and the improved offensive line. 4. Our more aggressive passing attack should soften the box for Ricky.

Donald Lee- I think Donald Lee would be the starting TE on 90% of NFL teams. He's that good. He is a much better blocker than Randy McMichael and has great hands.

Jay Fiedler- Surprise! He's back. Think back to the Jay Fiedler of Dallas last year. That is what you get when Jay is on. There is no doubt that Jay Fiedler at times can play very well. We have all seen it. If he can play as well as he did on Thanksgiving Day AJ Feeley won't get near the huddle.

The Bad

Eddie Moore- I read today that Moore isn't a lock for the team. Great. Our second round pick from last year, who has yet to play in a game might not even make the team. Great news!

AJ Feeley- What can you say? You'd think the Savior of the Universe would look more spectacular than this. I know it's only mini-camps and the guys are in shorts.. but from what I'm reading he can't even connect on short passes and when the FAKE rush gets in his face he falls to pieces. What is he going to do in a real practice? Poop his pants?

David Boston- I don't know if it's David Boston or the local media looking for anything to report. But the truth is Boston is not getting off on the right foot here in Miami. That being said, nothing that is going on right now will preclude him from being a superstar come September. His calf or shin will heal and he will drop the 10 pounds. He will be our starter come the fall. You can count on it. It's just unfortunate that he is already getting bad press.

The Ugly

The media- Not long ago.. maybe 15 years ago.. I would not be getting any Dolphin news whatsoever. Not on ESPN, Not in USA Today.. Not on the Internet that Al Gore had yet invented.. Here is all you got.. Post Draft grades from USA Today. That was it until Training Camp. The only place I could get info was from my Aunt in Lauderdale sending me clippings. Once Training camp began the only news was in the transaction section of the sports page and final scores from preseason games. Fast Forward to 2004. I now can get Dolphin news on a variety of websites, Phinzone, NFL.com, ESPN/NFL, CNN/NFL..etc.. Hell.. I even have my own NFL site.. www.KenAdams.com ! We are inundated with Dolphin news. Some good.. most a waste of paper. The media is over analysing every move and non move. That works us up and we ***** and complain about things we never would have heard in 1972. Not because they weren't happening.. but because they weren't being covered. A classic example is this Wanny not starting Vernon Carey story. To me it makes sense. You have had a veteran, John St. Clair, who you signed to help your team, penciled in as the starter. (Key word:penciled). He has been attending all the workouts and voluntary get togethers. So what does Wanny do? He treats the guy with respect. And he teaches Carey that he ain't going to get anything handed to him. Now St. Clair is on board with the program and Carey is motivated to rise above his current status. In the end Vernon Carey will be our starter. But what did we do? What did the press do? THey created a controversey and now some of you are calling Wannstedt retarded. Classy.. real classy. We have to remember it is May.. and May should have nothing to do with Football.. it's about the Kentucky Derby and the Indy 500...

Draft Day/Offseason Moves- I won't let it go.. Trading away your 4th round pick to move up one spot is poor talent management. Many of you have given Rick Spielman good grades for this offseason. Some are holding on judgement until we get further into the training period and next year. I think he has done poorly. 1. Trading away the aforementioned 4th pick. 2. Not trading down in the first round and picking up mid round picks. I think Miami should have set their sights on Grove or Smiley and then used the added 3rd round pick on a WR. After the draft Wannstedt and Spielman said that after Clayton and Evans were gone they didn't think about WR. WHAT? They contemplated drafting Michael Clayton and Lee Evans.. but when they were drafted we abandoned our plans to upgrade at WR... so we let a steal like PK Sam go to our arch-enemy. NOT GOOD. It is looking more and more like we might have jumped too soon on AJ Feeley. I offered my support from the beginning and I am not going to withdrawal it.. but let's hope things change by July or we might not have a QB controversy. I am still not pleased that we didn't even entertain the thought of Kerry Collins..

Some very good insight. I agree with the media overblowing everything. Since the Fins had their first mini camp, the media seems to be very negative. I'll reserve my opinions on the offseason moves until the bye week, at which time I'll have some game facts to discuss. Good post and well thought out. Peace!!!

I've liked Donald Lee since day one. The few touches he got last year were pretty solid, and I really hope there is some way we can use him more without taking playtime away from our other profiles.

If Fiedler plays better than Feeley, so be it. I don't care what name is on the jersey, I want the best man on the field. So far, that's been Fiedler it seems. It's early in the season, and Feeley needs to adjust to our system, there is no doubt that is a factor, but he is also missing passes he should be making blindfolded.

Boston is hard to tell. There are SO many rumors about this guy. One thing that seems certain is that he needs to lose weight. Boston is a 50/50 person, and come gameday, he will either be benched with an injury because he's Arnold friggin Schwarznegger, og be 20 pounds lighter and making plays.

I'm pretty happy about the other draftees/rookies though, a lot of them seem to be doing a really good job.

Bad part about this whole season is that we have to choose between AJ and JF! I want another option and not SAGA.

You wanted to share another posters' opinions?

Why?

it's seems that the media wants Dave to fail .
it's May 8/not Sept.8
but I given props to Dave for calling out boston
and i'm no Fan of Dave

Why?
Infinsible -IMO I thought it was a nice write-up that ALL

The guy was doing good until he started bashing Spielman for trading the 4th in the draft. A few paragraphs earlier he praises Carey and says he will be our starter at Tackle (his opinion, of course), then get's pissy about trading the 4th for the future starter at Tackle... That's damn loopy. Sure, trade down for Smiley (who won't start over Whitley/German... My opinion, as good as "his"), or Grove who absolutely will not start over McKinney at C. Whether you agree with the circumstances of the trade (Speilman was getting "robbed" by Minn... whatever) is of no consequence- Spielman got an O-Lineman that will start this year.

BTW, I've been to PhinZone and Sir Fin is a poster of the most obscure, obscene, moronic drivel I've been exposed to since I started reading Dolphin Messagboards.

Regardless of his "disclaimers", I think he's putting too much emphasis on what's happening at minicamp. And he seems very shortsighted in regards to team needs and acquisitions.

A little harsh to say the least.However, i will state that in the past plenty have been proven wrong or right as time goes on. We will have to see how rick looks come Jan.Dolfanreal69

mia4ever said:

Why?
Infinsible -IMO I thought it was a nice write-up that ALL
It is well written. It's just that, it really doesn't mean anything and is basically just another posters' opinions.

I would much rather hear your opinions. You know what I mean?

IMO ... sir fin has a tendency to be very negative .. how can you judge a QB on just 2 mini camps.. when he hasn't even had the time to digest the play book and work the chemistry with the other offensive players ... the trading of the 4th rounder is short sighted due to the fact that no one seems to believe the cowboys and patriots were looking to trade into the #19 spot .. here in ny/nj i heard peter king confirm on radio that the cowboys were looking at carey with the #19 pick.. and when miami traded for #19 the cowboys traded out of round 1 ... and guess what ... they took rodgers in round 2 .. so that alone should say something bout the cowboys plans at #19 ... as for rick spielman .. sir fin has been bashing him forever.. and will never give this guy credit for at least putting together an oline that has potential ... unlike last years cast of characters on the line ... to me we all have the right to express our opinions... but for guys like sir fin it's impossible to do anything right ... i happen to think that this oline is as deep as ever and love the draft picks ... but i do have concerns about boston .. and not drafting at least 1 WR in the draft ... all in all ... rick SEEMS to have done a great job .. at least on paper .. and with all due respect .. i'll wait and see how the season goes and how these players contribute to the team, before giving a final opinion ... my gut tells me if the season is tanked it will be due to poor coaching not due to rick's offseason moves .. he had a plan from day 1 and has seen it through ...

Thanks Dolfan91....you illustrated my point....most of us have no clue who SirFin is, so how do we know he's not embellishing certain points and ommiting others, to further his agenda?

Back
Top Bottom