Just when I thought things couldn't get worse I read on. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Just when I thought things couldn't get worse I read on.

The_Phish

Active Roster
Reaction score
Although this was expected as a business stand point.
I saw in an article that Ricky told Wanny friday afternoon. They held it secret until early Sunday morning. You know why? Saturday was the first day of individual ticket sales. 15000 for some people unlike myself to see a superstar. Hell Id be there in line if I lived close enough just to see my Dolphins!

How pissed would you be if you waited in line and spent a bunch of money on tickets, and then found out that our star player is off the team, the next day. That's terrible.
As a fan this year meant so much to me. Ricky was my favourite player, he was so damn exciting to watch, break a tackle and run for another 30 plus. Now I have to go thru another post MARINO season without any proven QB's, RB's just a few great WR's and a good but aging defence. I love my team, I always will, but who in the f*&k has the nerve the right,the balls to quit on a promising 2004 season just days before training camp. That my friends has changed my outlook on Ricky. The money I have spend on Jerseys ( and not the silkscreen junk) and everything else I have invested in just to have that selfish SOB quit. Just finish the year thats all I would have wanted.
Well Im sure this is all over ever post so sorry for babbling.
I love my fish but we are eating carp for a long drawn out season!

What a dick move. Wanny, and the FO are a bunch of tools. A trainwreck. Your season is shot.

I bet some enterprising trial lawyer skipped church this morning and is in his office trying to identify people who bought tickets yesterday for the purposes of filing a class action lawsuit on behalf of Dolphin season and single-game ticket purchasers. I don't know the specifics of Florida's law on fraud or deceptive trade practices, but if they were told on Friday that Ricky was going to retire and his image was used on any of the materials used to sell tickets on Saturday, Wayne is looking at one hell of a legal bill.

Stop it it's not a plan by the FO to sell the tickets before people found out... Wanny was using the day to talk Ricky back into playing.

You guys are ridiculous. FO didn't do anything wrong here.

Once again.....THE DOLPHINS NEVER RELEASED THIS INFORMATION. The Miami Herald did. The Dolphins were busy trying to talk Ricky out of it (and perhaps seek a trade or sign a free agent).

What did you expect to happen?? Ricky calls Wanny Friday and blindsides him with "I'm retiring". And what, Wanny is supposed to go right to the papers?? Please.

There was NO REASON for the Dolphins to announce this Friday night or Saturday. None whatsoever.

Muck said:
Once again.....THE DOLPHINS NEVER RELEASED THIS INFORMATION. The Miami Herald did. The Dolphins were busy trying to talk Ricky out of it (and perhaps seek a trade or sign a free agent).

What did you expect to happen?? Ricky calls Wanny Friday and blindsides him with "I'm retiring". And what, Wanny is supposed to go right to the papers?? Please.

There was NO REASON for the Dolphins to announce this Friday night or Saturday. None whatsoever.
Exactly. Our FO has it's flaws, but I can't stand the fans who blame them for a player retiring, world hunger, and every other problem in their life.

You are buying a ticket to see the Miami Dolphins play football, not your favorite player. No attorney would waste their time on this.

Hey guys Im not blaming the FO. Im not blaming anyone. Im heart broken, let down and outright pissed off. Just bad timing I guess. I like Mucks insight about how things are gonna be ok but I just cant accept that right now. I just cant believe that the upcoming season that has been tainted already has hit an even lower depression level than even I expected.
hoping for 500 in 04. I will be a dolphins fan till the day I die just s#$t like this is gonna get one foot in the grave earlier!

Ricky hasn't officially retired yet. No paper work has been turned in to the NFL according to one of the news sources. So what is Dave and the front office suppose to do. Announce to all the ticket buyers that RW is thinking about retiring. I personally don't think that Dave was worried about how it was going to affect ticket sales. I bet Wayne is poed.

Back
Top Bottom