Justin Herbert looks really good- was tannebaum right? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Justin Herbert looks really good- was tannebaum right?

I really doubted Herbert going into the draft but he looks really damn good so far (especially impressive for a rookie). I was wrong.

Tua needs to play this season. JB and JH are looking really good for rookies who had no pre-season. We need to see what Tua looks like in real game situations and if he can make it in the NFL. After watching JH I’m concerned that we drafted the wrong QB.

Hold on... how can you say Herbert puts up empty stats because he's played well and his team is 0-3 and in the same breath say Burrow has looked good because he's played well and his team was 0-3 before finally getting a win in week four? So all it takes is one win to go from being someone who puts up numbers but loses games to being someone who looks good and is promising? Seems like you're holding one player to a different standard than the other or putting too a lot of weight on that one win.
Burrows stats are more hollow than Herberts - Burrow won’t even attempt TDS

Burrow is not an elusive runner at the NFL level - I choose Herbert in a heart beat I mean I prefer Herbert trying to score VS a guy unwilling to throw deep or challenge a D those middling throws are not an aberration

Burrows yards and completions stats during the last minutes of the second and fourth quarter's these past 5 games would astound you but ask yourself why he won’t throw deep for TDs???

I mean can’t he throw a guy open? We were told he could?

Tua needs to play this season. JB and JH are looking really good for rookies who had no pre-season. We need to see what Tua looks like in real game situations and if he can make it in the NFL. After watching JH I’m concerned that we drafted the wrong QB.
Yeah, but some of those TD throws the WRs were so wide open. Or the deep passes, like idk if the saints defense or secondary sucks, but some were easy passes for him, but I am nervous about our luck here.

Sweet and holy S#@#. If JH wins ROY it is game on Tua cult. I REALLY hope Tua is the man! I have won 5 SB's with him at QB on Madden and am hopeful as hell! But the kind of hell I will release is.....beautiful! Mostly because so many of you really need to eat a crow sando! Still takes the L. Get the F outa here. Kid throws 4 TD and he took the L? He rallied after getting put on his arse over and over and threw what should have been a game winning TD. The team and coaches took the L.

Also the throw behind was in the window. If he throws it ahead, it is most likely picked. It hit his hands and as a WR in the NFL, you have to make that catch! I would be saying the same thing if Tua had made the exact same throw!

Sweet and holy S#@#. If JH wins ROY it is game on Tua cult. I REALLY hope Tua is the man! I have won 5 SB's with him at QB on Madden and am hopeful as hell! But the kind of hell I will release is.....beautiful! Mostly because so many of you really need to eat a crow sando! Still takes the L. Get the F outa here. Kid throws 4 TD and he took the L? He rallied after getting put on his arse over and over and threw what should have been a game winning TD. The team and coaches took the L.

This you?

I am not upset at all that the Dolphins did not draft Herbert. Had I been making the picks...I would have chosen Simmons. I simply believe Tua will not play 3 full seasons and my Georgia fan friend sent that to me. Thought it was funny.

Yes that was me. I am still not upset. I am upset that Tua apologist are so dumb. I can say Minshew is doing well in Jax. Doesn't mean they will not draft a QB or that I hate Tua. In fact one has absolutely nothing to do with the other. The Dolphins biggest weak spot is LB and S. Thank you for pointing out how much more I know about football to have made that pick. The point is if peeps where on here blasting me for wanting Simmons, I would not defend the kid and say the Cardinals have a better record or they won. I would agree that as of this point Simmons might not have been the right pick. I would also say I was wrong and eat my crow in peace.

Herbert looks good for the Chargers, regardless of that i would have still taken Tua. rather swing for the fences than settle for a stand up base hit.

Herbert looks good for the Chargers, regardless of that i would have still taken Tua. rather swing for the fences than settle for a stand up base hit.

6-0 QB, coming from wacky offense, with major injury? Nah man! Too unreliable.

Swinging for the fences would have been the Herbert pick as he screamed to me at the time as a homerun or a strikeout....with little chance for anything inbetween. Tua was considered a "safer" pick, although I personally care little for undersized QB's.

Herbert is showing why metrics matter, lets hope that Tua shows why they should matter less. I'm reserving my judgment until Tua plays....

Yes that was me. I am still not upset. I am upset that Tua apologist are so dumb. I can say Minshew is doing well in Jax. Doesn't mean they will not draft a QB or that I hate Tua. In fact one has absolutely nothing to do with the other. The Dolphins biggest weak spot is LB and S. Thank you for pointing out how much more I know about football to have made that pick. The point is if peeps where on here blasting me for wanting Simmons, I would not defend the kid and say the Cardinals have a better record or they won. I would agree that as of this point Simmons might not have been the right pick. I would also say I was wrong and eat my crow in peace.

I genuinely don't get what you're talking about, particularly with your explanation. What exactly are Tua fans supposed to be apologizing FOR? Existing? Being an apologist for something or someone usually means trying to defend it/them. Tua has even played yet. As you said, one can prefer Tua long term and not hate Herbert.

Indeed. I was trying to say just that. Just because some of us preferred Herbert does not mean we hate Tua. Tua is my favorite QB because he plays for the Dolphins. Peeps just saying that Herbert is balling out and that he might have been the better option. I was just irritated about a comment and acted like a child I suppose. My bad. Oh and PS..I meant apologist because it seems like many are blasting on the Herbs because Tua is not playing and they are getting defensive. I am prolly wrong and it wouldn't be the first time.

Last edited:
you guys think if we offer the chargers tua for herbert straight up they'd do it? we've got some pretty nice 1st rd picks we could sweeten the offer with.

The Herbs is dropping dimes like a boss. Even Richard Sherman is on alert and eyes on. We got Tua and there is no way in hell they are making that trade at this point. If Tua stays healthy, he can be better. Without the arm strength and running that is! Think Russel Wilson only worse at rushing. Still kills me that Fitz would have been Herbs natural mentor. They are so much alike minus the huge gap in talent/upside. Time will tell.....But holy **** the Herbs is making every dish tasty!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom