"Karlos Dansby has been playing with a torn biceps muscle the past 3 weeks" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Karlos Dansby has been playing with a torn biceps muscle the past 3 weeks"

This is why I have been giving Karlos props the last few weeks. He has been playing like a true leader. Backing it up on the field and spending less time talking.

What's the difference in severity between his injury and Ray Lewis, why is Lewis in IR and not Karlos?

ah.. and the excuses begin

Im not sure you understand the physics behind playing LB with a torn biceps. Its not like hes playing with a little boo boo or something.

ah.. and the excuses begin

He isnt making excuses. You saw him out on the field didnt you? If you havent noticed, he is still out there playing pretty well and hustling his ass off. I know he was injured in the 2nd Jests game. Yet, he was out there the entire 2nd half playing injured.

Reggie Bush on the other hand suffered a bruise when he got hot sauced by Laron Landry and he was nowhere to be seen in the 2nd half of the first Jests game. The way he ran on them in the first half, his absence in the 2nd half couldve been the difference in winning and losing. In fact, he pretty much has been totally ineffective since that point.

Thats why Karlos is a real leader and Bush is not. Karlos has backed up his leadership council role. Bush's role in that council looks like a complete act. He talks a big game. The men have seperated from the boys.

I've been fairly impressed with dansby this year. He's out there balling hurt, and getting guys into the right places to make plays. He's a good cog for this defense. if there is no real significant threat to further injury, let him play... otherwise just shut him down. season is now over anyway. we can afford to lose one more game to make the playoffs, and it's pretty damn obvious that isn't going to happen.

Definitely gotta give him props for playing hurt. If he was 100 percent, I'm sure he would've had that interception last night.

Apparently he also has a dislocated finger. Now I forgive him for dropping a couple of interceptions.

Though I don't know for sure, the difference between Ray Lewis' injury and Dansby's could be the completeness of the tear. My guess would be that Dansby doesn't have a complete tear, though any kind of tear is significant nonetheless.

Im not sure you understand the physics behind playing LB with a torn biceps. Its not like hes playing with a little boo boo or something.
I understand the physics behind it. I'm just saying it's always something with this team. props to dansby for toughing through it though

Last edited by a moderator:
My buddy tore is bicept 2 years back. He lifted on a Friday and felt fine after, he took Saturday off and then on Sunday when to the garage to load of the car with the kiddies and was lifting something stupid into the truck and bam.....complete tear of the bi. He said felt like a knife cutting into his arm and the worst cramp he has ever had in his life. This is a dude who played D tackle in college, stands about 6'3" and in his day weighed 275 and now comes in at a trim 240. He had to have surgery to fix the muscle, no way around it so the doctor surmised that he tore it Friday lifting and then finished it off on Sunday.

So if Dansby is playing with a tear in his bi he is playing becasue he is leading by example and sucking it up. This is what I wanted to see out of him this season, now however I wonder if he should shut it down for a few games and get health before he ends up in Lewis spot with a complete tear.

Apparently he also has a dislocated finger. Now I forgive him for dropping a couple of interceptions.

Though I don't know for sure, the difference between Ray Lewis' injury and Dansby's could be the completeness of the tear. My guess would be that Dansby doesn't have a complete tear, though any kind of tear is significant nonetheless.

Lewis is triceps tear i think

Lewis' injury ironically required that he go under the knife.

With his injury, he just wasnt able to gash through the OL like usual. Losing Lewis really cut at the heart of that team. Teams have really started taking a stab at going through the middle against them more. Their defense has really been getting sliced up this season, even before Lewis went down. The best part of that team has been the offense lead by Ray Rice. He is a real slasher.

I has been painfully obvious that Dansby can not really use the arm. If you watch defensive replays you can see that he will not put the arm out there to make a tackle or fight off a block. I give him major props for even being out there and fighting through it.

Trust me a torn bicep or any muscle for that matter is nothing to play around with and depending on how severe it becomes you can actually have a major % of the muscle removed just look at former UFC fighter Matt Serra's bicep not pretty.
Not sure how bad Lewis triceps are because he it just the type of player who will play through pain but then again if it means his career is on the line?Also the triceps are used mostly during pushing motions as to where the biceps are used for pushing and pulling etc I had slight tears in both and let me just tell you the bicep was the worst out of the two to have.

Back
Top Bottom