Kdawg's Extremely Early 2018 Dolphins Roster/Cap Projections | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kdawg's Extremely Early 2018 Dolphins Roster/Cap Projections

I truly appreciate your hard work OP but you lost me when I read you wanted to keep Jay Cutler. No way he's on the roster even as a backup ... which he has recently stated he wouldn't do.

Don't let the backup QB be your sticking point. Jay is the best backup QB option unless Miami is trying to dig into that first round and grab a QB. I didn't like much of anybody after that initial run happens.

Not Rudolph, not Falk, not Ferguson . . . just didn't care for em, definitely not as the backup. And not Fales or Moore either. If you have a legit better option for backup QB, let me know . . . because i took time and actually thought about it and Cutler was the best answer when I considered what Adam Gase would do. He ain't going after Kaepernick. Bridgewater coming off injury? Ehhh. Bradford? not at backup money.

You could absolutely be right that Jay won't agree to be the backup and he just may retire. . . but that is a nice contract with escalators if something happened to Ryan and stays in a system and environment he knows. I think it could be an option.

A joke when you consider that the Jets have $100M in cap space, the Pats have more space than us and the Bills have a ton of drat picks. How in the world do we get out of this funk????????

More Tannehill until 2022?

The contract is 2022, but in actual terms you can exit it after 2 years, but more likely 3 years. So 2020.

If Ryan becomes a legit top 10 guy, that 5 year deal could easily exceed $175 million in a few years.

Still if the right QB presents itself you can certainly still draft one. This is what starting QB contracts look like, even if you only consider Ryan an average Joe.

Great write up. Two things. Cutler is done and has made it clear he will not be a backup. Back to the booth for him IMO. On Timmons, I thought he voided any cap hit after he went AWOL?

A joke when you consider that the Jets have $100M in cap space, the Pats have more space than us and the Bills have a ton of drat picks. How in the world do we get out of this funk????????

By taking our hat out of the FA ring for a year and drafting well.

Great write up. Two things. Cutler is done and has made it clear he will not be a backup. Back to the booth for him IMO. On Timmons, I thought he voided any cap hit after he went AWOL?

He voided any guaranteed money . . . the signing bonus hit still applies.

For clarity, is this what your plan would be or is this what you think our FO will do?

Doubt Cutler stays as a backup, 5mil or not.
Find a day 2/3 QB in the draft to groom behind Tannehill.

Not sure I would extend Tannehill right now, cause the way his deal is set up is fine as is. Rather keep him at 19/20 for the next three years than have it balloon over 20mil just to save for one year.

Goedert is a guy I see climbing the draft boards. Especially after the combine. A lot of teams will see him as the next Kelce.

Great job! Very impressive. My only problem is Cutler. I'm really hoping he retires again. I can't take seeing him in a Dolphin uniform ever again.

Doubt Cutler stays as a backup, 5mil or not.
Find a day 2/3 QB in the draft to groom behind Tannehill.

Not sure I would extend Tannehill right now, cause the way his deal is set up is fine as is. Rather keep him at 19/20 for the next three years than have it balloon over 20mil just to save for one year.

Goedert is a guy I see climbing the draft boards. Especially after the combine. A lot of teams will see him as the next Kelce.

Didn't like my options. I liked getting Benkert in round 6 as I think he would be a great piece of clay for Gase to mold. Not somebody who will be ready in 2018 but somebody I felt could be a competent backup and maybe turn into something as a starter down the road with good coaching.

I watched this kid play at Hard Rock earlier this season and no kidding it was like watching Dan Marino throw the ball in the first half. Was one of the best halves of football I've seen from a QB all season from an arm talent perspective.

Even Kelce was a third rounder and this kid is a small school kid. I dunno, I think round 3 is pretty accurate. I remember when Julius Thomas came out and was a freak, still a 4th rounder.

I feel you on Tannehill, but just keep in mind, the contract is all about creating cap space and getting a good price on a guy you like as your franchise QB. There will be injury provisions and truthfully the money is pretty similar to this current deal.

I think the chance that Mike T stays out of the Jimmy Graham bidding war, especially considering how much Gase loves a big TE, is somewhere between slim and none.

I guess I am underestimating Jimmy Graham, because I think he will fall short of a $10 million AAV . . . and if he goes over that it will be because the guaranteed money will be low.

He just doesn't look like a dominant seam threat anymore. Still a capable one, but not dominant. Plus he is recovered from an injury that puts down 90% of players. Obviously his big strength is in the redzone.

Back
Top Bottom