KD's 53 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

KD's 53

Yep, can't argue that . . . Bowman is better on special teams and a better CB right now than Lippet . . . pretty much settled on him as a stash and develop guy, but Bowman would make an impact and be active if kept.

As odd as it sounds at the moment this team NEEDS Will Davis. Not because of last night. But I'm not even sure Bobby McCain is ready to play, much less Lippett. McCain looked bad last night. That's another reason I keep Bowman.

QB(2) - Tannehill/Moore
I understood giving Freeman a shot and MBT seems like a "system" guy . . . but pretty clear this is our QB setup this year
RB(4) - Miller/Williams/Ajayi/Gillislee
I think LeMike lost it on that fumble tonight combined with Jones resurgence on the returns and Gilly's strong running between the tackles.
WR(7) - Parker/Landry/Stills/Jennings/Matthews/Hazel/Jones
Yep, 7 guys here . . . Hazel will be inactive on Sundays but you in a sense stash him to have insurance against Matthews/Jennings leaving next year. Jones on returns
TE(3) - Cameron/Sims/Semisch
Wouldn't mind Semisch on the PS, but he's the best blocker of the remaining and the backup LS.
OL(8) - Albert/Thomas/Pouncey/Douglas/James/Turner/Fox/Brenner
The 8 most consistent guys . . . . the rest have been awful (well McClendon has been ok, but don't need another interior guy)
DL(9) - Wake/Mitchell/Suh/Vernon/Shelby/Phillips/Fede/Francis/Johnson
I think the toughest position to cut loose a guy. Francis has played the best . . . and I hate cutting loose Mosely because he was Suh's Detroit team mate. Johnson has outplayed him. Youth over veteran presence.
LB(7) - Jenkins/Misi/Sheppard/McCain/Tripp/Vigil/Hull
The position needs love next year but ended up going with Hull over Paysinger on special teams . . . I think the team wants to move on from Misi and upgrade Sheppard who is a stop gap player. McCain has been up and down. 2 of the rookie LB's make it. Luc to practice squad
CB(6) - Grimes/Taylor/McCain/McCain/Davis/Lippett
I thought Davis still needed to be kept around and tonight he showed his ability to make plays on the ball. With Taylor on the mend, I'm holding onto Davis for now. Bowman a tough cut
S(4) - Jones/Aikens/Thomas/Thompson
Delmas injury hurts the depth here so the rook will serve as the backup at SS . . . hopefully Reshad stays healthy, but Micheal Thomas also plays SS.
P(1) - Darr
So impressive tonight . . . I'm sure people will comment when he has a snafu in a real game, but he made the coaching staff/office look good tonight.
K(1) - Franks
The guy has done everything you've asked of him in preseason . . . Sturgis is inconsistent. And he can kick it deep. Roll the dice on the rook.
LS(1) - Denney
Guy has one bad snap in bad weather of a preseason and fans think we should cut ties . . . what a joke. Denney is a rock.

I like your 53 with just a couple exceptions. Highlighted in red.

I like your 53 with just a couple exceptions. Highlighted in red.

Yeah I prefer this however we are splitting hairs here! What's really exciting is the level of talent we have on this team which I have not witness in a long time. Going to be an exciting year.

Is Matt Barkley gonna get cut? That could be a sneak pickup.

I have been thinking about this too. I would totally trade the Eagles a late round pick to ensure that we get Barkley. A team with higher priority could snag him before us. I think he'd be worth a pick.

Great thread. The changes I would make have all been mentioned by others:
- replace Gills (easy to replace) with Bowman (more deep the and experience at CB and ST)
- replace Semich (think he can be stashed on PS) with Stoneburner (better TE right now imo)
- replace Luc (no high end potential) with Paysinger (proven ST performer)

Kdawg, you did a great job. A few thoughts:

1. I would put Semisch on PS. I'd look at Stoneburner or a waiver pickup.

2. Luc on PS. Too stiff. I actually think a hidden gem is Hewitt. I see him as an underrated guy. I doubt he makes the 53, but I like him over Luc. I think Philbin wants him to learn faster right now but there's potential. Hull or Paysinger might be safer there.

3. I would not cut Anthony Johnson. Either he goes to 53 or injured list. There is potential there.

4. I think some people get too caught up in numbers at positions, so I give you big credit on this. Some of these guys are too valuable as assets. For example, I'd keep Hazel even if he is inactive. There is talent there that can't be cut.

5. Christion Jones runs strong. He can make a difference on game day. There is no reason to drop down in return performance to keep some extra player as a non-difference maker at some other position just to have numbers there.

6. Brenner vs McClendon. I'm not sure there. I could see McClendon, but let's be real I'm not seeing practice and seeing how McClendon is handling snaps etc. Let's see if someone on waivers breaks free here.

7. I think I agree on moving on from LaMike and that's why I'm keeping Christion. LaMike is outplayed by Damien Williams and Christion in the various roles. He's not needed.

8. As you said, Zach Bowman is a tough cut. He may find a way on to the roster. Maybe 3 rb.

Overall, great job.

Well, we just traded for Ronald Leary, I assume to play RG. Will Davis goes, so Bowman looks good for 53.

I've always wondered if Bowman has any FS potential too.

With Leary, I wonder if we go to 9 OL.

EDIT: never mind. Looks like I got fooled from a tweet in another thread. Trade looks fake.

I don't get why people think posting fake trades is hilarious.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ajayi is NOT going to be inactive on Sundays. Pretty much agree with everything else tho..

So we are keeping a scrub like gillislee over James because of a fumble in a preseason game? James at least has something to offer at the NFL level. There will be dozens of Gillislees released all over the NFL today.

I'm keeping Johnson over Mosley, Don Jones over Thompson (PS), Hull over Luc (PS), but everything else is exactly what i'd like to see.

I'm keeping Johnson over Mosley, Don Jones over Thompson (PS), Hull over Luc (PS), but everything else is exactly what i'd like to see.

I forgot about Don Jones. Yeah Thompson has looked bad all preseason. Not ready for primetime. I do think he has some long term potential. But I don't think we will have a problem getting him through to the practice squad.

Back
Top Bottom