Keep your heads up | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Keep your heads up

CrazyPatriotGuy

Practice Squad
Reaction score
First off, let me say I'm not here to talk smack. You guys are just like me, a fan that wants to see their team do well. So I can't imagine what most of you must feel like right now.

Without reading all the threads, I can see some of you are trying to stay positive.

For everyone else, let me simply say: there's hope.

Last season Belichick cut Lawyer Milloy five days before the first game. Most people on the message board I post at were going nuts. Some were even demanding that Belichick be fired. Milloy was the heart and soul of our defense many people said, we simply couldn't recover.

Then came the Bills game. 31-0. It just got worse.

By season's end, we were Super Bowl Champions and Eugene Wilson, the player that took over for Milloy, was being touted by some people as a top 5 FS.

Of course, I'm not going to pretend that Lawyer Milloy was just as important as Ricky Williams was to you, especially since we had Harrison. Who knows, you guys might open up the offense and actually improve.

Another thing to consider is the 1999 Rams. I remember when Trent Green got hurt in that preseason games. Teammates were banging their fists into the turf because they felt their season had just ended. The rest is history.

So again, keep your heads up. Stranger things have happened.

Good luck to you guys in the future.

This is a Patriots fan who thinks you might be better off without a guy that apparently would rather be overseas smoking pot than playing football.

Here is another story, to try to convince you all is not lost. A few years ago, our franchise QB, Drew Bledsoe, was lost to us with an injury. Our backup QB was an unproven kid named Tom Brady. While he didn't play like Dan Marino did in 84, he did enough that year to help get us to the Superbowl.

You never know what might happen. If Feeley and Boston work out, and your defense plays well, you'll do fine. Maybe some other time I'll come by to talk smack, but not today.

Back
Top Bottom