"Kershaw may play" | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Kershaw may play"

I like kershaw though. I always thought he and walden were beasts at hitting... I hope if channing does or does nopt play kershaw shows up big...lay a hit on somebody

I like kershaw though. I always thought he and walden were beasts at hitting... I hope if channing does or does nopt play kershaw shows up big...lay a hit on somebody

Torbor will more than likely get the start. Kershaw will be activated and get some pt if they sit Crowder.

if pennington was so smart why did he land on his shoulder of all body parts
Players dont "plan" on landing on any of there body parts. In fact if were up to them, I'm sure they would rather stay upright the whole game, especially at QB. :confused:

Players dont "plan" on landing on any of there body parts. In fact if were up to them, I'm sure they would rather stay upright the whole game, especially at QB. :confused:

yeah man..i forgot to add sarcasm..But no I think the perception of crowder and his personality is that of dumbness. But im pretty sure and I know sparano doesnt just say that stuff for no reason.. I've heard this over and over again that crowder is one of the smarter guys out there... He knows the plays.. he may not be a zach thomas...hes still young at this ILB position but he tackles alot and I cant tell how many times ive seen channing fly around the field...when channing isnt out there the defense looks lost.

Funny thing about the comments Sparano makes is that he gushes about Crowder's intellect and his importance to the defense. I really think he is above average at his position, especially when it comes to stopping the run. No, he's not Ray Lewis or Zach Thomas caliber. Not even close. But, if we put a young playmaking ILB next to him, like a Pat Willis, a Rey Maualuga, or a Brian Cushing he could really step up his game. All the bashing he gets is based on his loud, boisterous, and usually humorous comments and his lack of "big play ability" (ie interceptions, sacks, forced fumbles).

The deep TE routes that have been killing us all year are all on the safety play. There have been no short dump off up the middle to the TE's. They're all downfield. If you expect pretty much any ILB NFL to cover a TE DOWNFIELD without safety help, that is a total mismatch that you'd lose 95 times out of 100.

So, for all you Crowder haters out there, please point out the bad plays that he makes. Where are his missed tackles? He doesn't miss tackles. He hasn't made a ton of tackles this year, but I have not seen any player run through an attempted tackle by Crowder (ehem...Wilson, Bell, Porter, and Smith). And like Sporano said, his play is opening up opportunities for other players.

I defended Ted Ginn for too long, but I haven't given up on Crowder yet.

Oh no you didn't!!! Let's just start with the first series of the Saints game. Go to 13:11 of the 1st....hmmmm...sure looks like a missed tackle to me. Let him get 4 more yards and Thomas almost got a first on 3rd and 16....good job Crowder!!!!

How about 5:53 of the 3rd when he misses one which goes for 35...essentially got ran over by the RB.

Very next play...5:06 of the 3rd...this is the play were he get "trucked"...what a stud!!! (I mean the RB...not Crowder.)

6:18 of the 4th...missed on one up the middle. Only allowed an extra 3 yards on that on...

Hard to find much else where he was even in position to miss the tackle...

I will give him the one good play at 10:49 of the third.

This is one fricking game...doesn't miss tackles my ***. Get out of here with that weak sauce!!! :lol:

Crowder would be better next to a Lewis or Willis, just like Scott was next to ray ray......now scott doesn't look near as the playmaker he was a few years back with bmore....Crowder does mess up and miss tackles but he is a solid player and is smart...he might not show it because of his personality but I think he is pretty football smart...he is more of the solid make the tackle and blitz guy and try and disrupt the backs and QB's to make people move around....we need a guy who can cover and run sideline to sideline and make plays then crowder would be a lot better

Funny thing about the comments Sparano makes is that he gushes about Crowder's intellect and his importance to the defense. I really think he is above average at his position, especially when it comes to stopping the run. No, he's not Ray Lewis or Zach Thomas caliber. Not even close. But, if we put a young playmaking ILB next to him, like a Pat Willis, a Rey Maualuga, or a Brian Cushing he could really step up his game. All the bashing he gets is based on his loud, boisterous, and usually humorous comments and his lack of "big play ability" (ie interceptions, sacks, forced fumbles).

The deep TE routes that have been killing us all year are all on the safety play. There have been no short dump off up the middle to the TE's. They're all downfield. If you expect pretty much any ILB NFL to cover a TE DOWNFIELD without safety help, that is a total mismatch that you'd lose 95 times out of 100.

So, for all you Crowder haters out there, please point out the bad plays that he makes. Where are his missed tackles? He doesn't miss tackles. He hasn't made a ton of tackles this year, but I have not seen any player run through an attempted tackle by Crowder (ehem...Wilson, Bell, Porter, and Smith). And like Sporano said, his play is opening up opportunities for other players.

I defended Ted Ginn for too long, but I haven't given up on Crowder yet.

Actually, he does, particularly when he is beat up towards the end of the season. I also think that is why he is hurt alot during the season, cus he is a hitter.

He often misses tackles when he shoots the gap in a hurry and the RB jukes him. But sometimes that is good cus it redirects him into someone else.

Crowder was a National Honor Society member in high school. I hardly classify that as "dumb" or "stupid".

Back
Top Bottom