Kicks returned for TD... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kicks returned for TD...

ladeback

Lurking
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I admit this is kind of a pointless thread, but I just felt like writing it even though most of you probably know about it... Miami has had 3 punt returns for TD since 1992 (2 by mcduf his rookie year in 92 and 1 by ummmm I forget his name...the white guy that we had returning for a couple years recently...1 by him in 2000 against green bay) Even worse is the fact that the last time we had a kickoff return for a touchdown was in 1989 by moore i believe... What are the odds that we break this unbelievable streak of 15 years without a kickoff return for a TD or maybe get a punt return for a TD here or there... Those types of plays change games ya know? Just wanted to see if you all knew how long it'd been since we had a KO return for a TD... I wasn't even watching football back then... :shakeno:

ummmm I forget his name...the white guy that we had returning for a couple years recently...1 by him in 2000 against green bay

That would be Jeff Ogden, and I think the streak will continue this year, we haven't upgraded the return men (unless you consider Wilkins an upgrade) and Minor will probably be back there again with Simmons/Wilikins/Minnis/Newson. None of those guys seems like a real threat ot me although Simmons and Newson have potential.

I think there might be a shot at it, you never know, a lot of things could go right and someone could bust it. It is unlikely, but never say never.

I really like Travis Minor as a quick change of pace backup with great pass catching abillity, but he's not really a special teams guy. The bad thing is that we keep him there simply because nobody has beat him out yet. I guess the bottom line is that we don't have a big enough play maker to replace a guy that, at the very least, we trust will not botch any kicks or make a stupid play.

BTW, CW that Queens video is simply pure bliss. Be sure to update that with KG, Spree and Cassell when the Lake Show disposes of them.

Samphin said:
BTW, CW that Queens video is simply pure bliss. Be sure to update that with KG, Spree and Cassell when the Lake Show disposes of them.
this guy at Lakersbrethren.com does them, he made a spurs one too. rest-assured he will do one when the Timberpoodles are gone :lol:

I hope that we break that string this year, but remember that Armstrong is still the special teams coach, just like he was for Wannstedt in Chicago. So I doubt it will happen.

CirclingWagons said:
could be worse..has Tampa Bay EVER returned a kickoff in their history?

I think they had a player do that in the past 2-3 years, i can't remember who though.

Does anyone think that the rookie free agent Fred Russel will get a shot at returning kicks. From what I have read he is small enough to hide behind the wall of blockers and has alot of quickness and some shifty moves. I think they may give him a few shots in the exhibition season.

ladeback said:
I admit this is kind of a pointless thread, but I just felt like writing it even though most of you probably know about it... Miami has had 3 punt returns for TD since 1992 (2 by mcduf his rookie year in 92 and 1 by ummmm I forget his name...the white guy that we had returning for a couple years recently...1 by him in 2000 against green bay) Even worse is the fact that the last time we had a kickoff return for a touchdown was in 1989 by moore i believe... What are the odds that we break this unbelievable streak of 15 years without a kickoff return for a TD or maybe get a punt return for a TD here or there... Those types of plays change games ya know? Just wanted to see if you all knew how long it'd been since we had a KO return for a TD... I wasn't even watching football back then... :shakeno:
If Fred Russell is running back kicks, we should get this streak broken this year.

Back
Top Bottom