Knicks trade Davis and his crackpot wife for Jalen Rose and 1st rounder | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Knicks trade Davis and his crackpot wife for Jalen Rose and 1st rounder

Ferretsquig said:
The real embarrasing thing is that not only do the Bobcats have a payroll thats less 100 mil they are more fun to watch as well. You just have to root for guys like Brevin Knight, Okafor, Felton and May in the status of the ultimate underdog. I really think if NY went that way, playing Nate, Frye, Ariza, and Lee there would be a lot more excitement about the team and its future. Fire Isiah and Brown, bring in some young exciting coach, and just have some fun.

1) Who cares about the payroll thing???? If the money isn't coming out of my pocket who cares. I never understood that. The NBA HAS a salary cap. So who cares what the payroll is.

2) Fire Larry Brown??????????? LOL, ok! All credibility lost there . The greatest coach of all time maybe or at least Top 5, and after 1/2 of his first year fire him! NCAA championship, NBA championship, and he even took teh CLIPPERS to the playoffs in the dark days of the Clips, and FIRE him over what????????????????????

MikeO said:
1) Who cares about the payroll thing???? If the money isn't coming out of my pocket who cares. I never understood that. The NBA HAS a salary cap. So who cares what the payroll is.

I assume someone is paying for it and they probably care. Oh I'm sorry your the one who already knows every sports franchise in NY turns a profit simply b/c they are in NY. And the NBA doesnt have a salary cap.

2) Fire Larry Brown??????????? LOL, ok! All credibility lost there . The greatest coach of all time maybe or at least Top 5, and after 1/2 of his first year fire him! NCAA championship, NBA championship, and he even took teh CLIPPERS to the playoffs in the dark days of the Clips, and FIRE him over what????????????????????

Fire him b/c he doesnt put a good product on the court. Do you want to watch this bunch of losers play? I'm sure there are people out there that still watch them for the simple fact that they are the Knicks but from the few games I've seen its some ugly basketball being played out there. If you already know you arent going to win you might as well put an entertaining product on the court.

Larry Brown coaches a brand of slow, boring basketball. I'll give him all the credit in the world for winning with it. But really, what are the odds he will stick around for more than 2 yrs anyways? Hes not going to turn the Knicks into contenders, the best you can hope for is a scrappy team that crawls into the playoffs next year. Better to tear it all apart and be the underdog for a couple years than suffer another decade of mediocrity.

Ferretsquig said:
IAnd the NBA doesnt have a salary cap.

:lol: All credibility lost! YES THE NBA HAS A SALARY CAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you don't even know that the NBA has a salary cap, then you really need to do your homework on the league before you start going off about things.

Well plz do enlighten me as to the nature of this "cap." Doesnt the word cap imply that there is a limit to the spending? A NBA team can spend as much as it wants on players, hence there is no cap.

Ferretsquig said:
Well plz do enlighten me as to the nature of this "cap." Doesnt the word cap imply that there is a limit to the spending? A NBA team can spend as much as it wants on players, hence there is no cap.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :sidelol: :sidelol: You are gonna talk about the NBA and come off as if you know what you are talking about.......but dont' even know how the NBA salary cap works. LET ALONE THAT THERE IS A CAP AT ALL!!!!!!!! :sidelol:

http://aol.nba.com/news/cap_040713.html I did a quick search for ya. Brush up on some NBA Cap basics.....do some homework for a week. Then, IN A WEEK (no sooner), after you have done your homework.,....rejoin all of the NBA discussions here on the board. :sidelol:

Ferretsquig said:

Wow its hard to talk about the Knicks situation if you don't fully understand it. It will be easier to convice me or MikeO or anyone on a topic that you fully understand, because the NBA salary cap has many rules which is why is so hard to put a 1-1 NBA trade on. Most NBA trades are cap related in some way so you better start learning about it, if you want to convice us novices..

Well in theory it would be tough for a team to spend more than ~250 million on a 15 man roster...so if you want to call that a cap I'll give you that one. But you cant say the NBA percentage of revenues figure of 49 mil is a cap. Its just a number that when exceeded prompts a rule change. Now if you want to argue semantics there is a hard cap in the NBA that sets a minimum that must be spent...also based on revenue.

Ferretsquig said:
Well in theory it would be tough for a team to spend more than ~250 million on a 15 man roster...so if you want to call that a cap I'll give you that one. But you cant say the NBA percentage of revenues figure of 49 mil is a cap. Its just a number that when exceeded prompts a rule change. Now if you want to argue semantics there is a hard cap in the NBA that sets a minimum that must be spent...also based on revenue.

I guess that every team in the NBA will be bidding for Lebron coming up.. With no cap the sky is the limit...:shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno:

:confused:
Ferretsquig said:

a rule change? What on earth are you talking about?

Ferretsquig said:
The real embarrasing thing is that not only do the Bobcats have a payroll thats less 100 mil they are more fun to watch as well
i know u look at the knicks payroll and then there record lol its crazy

What's the big deal for the Knicks anyway? The point was since they have no cash at all for 06 why not add a little more onto it, get a 1st out of it, and a superior player. It was a good move for both except I thought the Knicks made out better in the trade.

GreenMonster said:
I guess that every team in the NBA will be bidding for Lebron coming up.. With no cap the sky is the limit...:shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno:

Well some owner was smart enough about a decade enough to know his own weakness and decided to propose a max contract cap. So about 5 teams will be offering that and the others will offer as much as the rules allow, probably around 6 mil for starters. And yes even the Knicks will be offering a contract.

Ferretsquig said:
Well some owner was smart enough about a decade enough to know his own weakness and decided to propose a max contract cap. So about 5 teams will be offering that and the others will offer as much as the rules allow, probably around 6 mil for starters. And yes even the Knicks will be offering a contract.

Well Lebron's shoe company has a deal in place with him that if he signs with NY, Chicago, or LA that THEY the shoe company will pay him more$$$$$$$$ than if he plays in any other city. So, Lebron could take a little less money from a team to play for one of those 4 teams and make up the difference from the shoe company

The NBA Salary Cap is probably the most prohibitive in all sports....

It is almost impossible to spend your way to a championship.

Back
Top Bottom