Kyle Lauletta Looks Like a Good QB Prospect | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kyle Lauletta Looks Like a Good QB Prospect

I think he's a more realistic option for us if were going to draft a QB.

I checked out his other gametapes. He has a good pocket presence, good at avoiding sacks by moving in pocket and always keeps his eyes down field. Pretty athletic too

I guess I'm in the minority but I don't like Lauletta. He stands in there but all I see are tunnel vision eyes and too many line drive darts when other options are preferable. That's the type of quarterback I prefer to avoid, as opposed to guys who relax, can scan the field, and vary the pace and loft to fit the evolving requirement of the play.

IMO, Mike White is superior to Lauletta. He had several subtle change of pace throws and nice relaxed shoulders, completely unlike tense Lauletta.

There's no comparison in raw ability level between White and predecessor Brandon Doughty. It seems like Doughty is always forced toward more than he is while White attracts more doubters than proper.

There was already a good rundown in this thread of White's challenges at Western Kentucky in 2017 compared to 2016. His YPA dropped from 10.5 in 2016 to 7.5 in 2017. But I'll add something else, a variable that has been spotlighted with Josh Allen but not with White: His offensive helpers really fell off. The two high volume receivers in 2016 were seniors along with most of the complimentary guys. Consequently White was throwing to guys in 2017 who had very few career catches entering that season. Offensive linemen also had to be replaced.

I did like the emergence of Yelder at tight end. I think he could be decent value late.

Daniel Jeremiah used the comp for Lauletta of drew Stanton

To me that makes a lot of sense. Although Stanton has always been a one read qb not sure I can paint lauletta with that brush in that regard.

The tight shoulders with lauletta an excellent point

Last edited:
"Richmond QB Kyle Lauletta did a double major, & one of his majors was leadership studies, which can come in handy as a QB. He noted that 1 thing he learned was how to lead different personalities, as some guys around him respond to different leadership qualities. Sharp young man. "

Could Be a good thing

The comp I hear and it makes sense is Jimmy Garropollo. Also heard Tony Romo

Back
Top Bottom