Kyler Murray: The Answer To Miami's Greatest Deficiencies | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kyler Murray: The Answer To Miami's Greatest Deficiencies

I want to preface this by saying I am sold on kyler and I'm in on going up and getting him, but yes he's not the perfect prospect. But he's the most talented player in the country and those talents will translate to the NFL imo

But he's still 5'9 sub 200 pounds. There's going to be times where that is flat out an issue. For instance, vs Alabama he got dragged down by a bama DL who barely had a couple fingers on him for a sack.

But like I said he's worth it. There will be growing pains w/ that size for sure though

hes 5 9 and under 200 lbs? 5 9???????

NO PASS. a fing 5 9 qb? NO

I seem to recall Sam Madison being pretty aggressive about those Flutie Flakes!

Just goes to show you what one lucky hail mary against the U could do for a midgets career!

hes 5 9 and under 200 lbs? 5 9???????

NO PASS. a fing 5 9 qb? NO

He's electric quick, and you gotta see him throw on the move and from multiple platforms

But yeah 5'9 I think 190 is a tough sell to a lot of people. Myself included. But if you watch his work you'll see just how talented he is and you can see the NFL projection there

But nonetheless at that size you are gonna have growing pains and there's certain obstacles he's gonna have to learn to overcome on the job. That's just the battle of being the smallest guy on the field

? Little confused here.
From what I have seen and read, they aren't even comparable except for height. And the NFL was a totally different game back then, especially for QBs. And I'm not even saying Murray will be good or bad, however, if I were to make a point, I wouldn't use someone or something from 30+ years ago as my main defense.

I like him to a point but give up some 1st round picks gives me pause. Regardless of what anyone might say, there's still a chance that he leaves football to go play baseball. I'm ok moving up but giving away multiple 1st round picks I'm not on board with that.

This is where you really have to do your homework and figure out what his value and commitment is to the organization/football.
Based on that you decide accordingly.

Stop reading when u cited Lamar Jackson. He’s garbage

I wouldn't call him garbage. But take away his running ability and he struggles to be an average as a passer.

Like most of these running type QBs eventually, the league catches up with that stuff and forces you to play traditional QB.

From what I have seen and read, they aren't even comparable except for height. And the NFL was a totally different game back then, especially for QBs. And I'm not even saying Murray will be good or bad, however, if I were to make a point, I wouldn't use someone or something from 30+ years ago as my main defense.

I think you need to go back and re-read the the post that I replied to, then read my response

He mentioned doug flutie (and they do have several similarities) and all I said was you better be hoping kyler isn't doug flutie

Wasnt defendint kyler and if I were the flutie comparison surely isn't my "main defense"

He's electric quick, and you gotta see him throw on the move and from multiple platforms

But yeah 5'9 I think 190 is a tough sell to a lot of people. Myself included. But if you watch his work you'll see just how talented he is and you can see the NFL projection there

But nonetheless at that size you are gonna have growing pains and there's certain obstacles he's gonna have to learn to overcome on the job. That's just the battle of being the smallest guy on the field

Hopefully it’s a tough sell to 12 other teams and he comes right to us.

Grier will get a sniff of where he’s projected by the end of the draft process if he wants him he will know where he needs to get to.

And lucky for him the #1 overall pick team should that be it drafted a qb in the first round last year.

Hopefully it’s a tough sell to 12 other teams and he comes right to us.

Grier will get a sniff of where he’s projected by the end of the draft process if he wants him he will know where he needs to get to.

And lucky for him the #1 overall pick team should that be it drafted a qb in the first round last year.

I wouldnt be surprised to see him go 1st, wouldn't be surprised to see him go 15th. It's a little too early for me to take a solid stance on it yet

I will say that a couple NFL heads that I follow and respect have shared concern about the size and made it sound like they expect teams to be weary too. But if your asking me to bet right now I would bet that teams start to warm up and the idea of him being too 5-10 will be popular

This kid Murray LOVES football. You can tell!
This is a dream come true for him, somthing he probably thought they would never give him a chance, and now he proved them worthy of #1 overall pick.
Not only that, he is the most comfortable quarterback, in the pocket, even tho he is 5-10.

thats nice he loves football, I do too. LOL
but under no circumstances are we getting a 5' 9 200 lbs QB. we already did one QB experiment with Tanny and no more.

thats nice he loves football, I do too. LOL
but under no circumstances are we getting a 5' 9 200 lbs QB. we already did one QB experiment with Tanny and no more.

Not sure how you managed to find a way to compare Tanny to Murray but I guess you did.

you know if the stats say 5'9 hes probably 5'7.

NO NO NO

Not sure how you managed to find a way to compare Tanny to Murray but I guess you did.

they are both experiments one a wide receiver the other 5 fing 9. lets give
the experiments to the Jets now. lets get a regular qb one who can pass.

Back
Top Bottom