Lakers complete three-team blockbuster to acquire Chris Paul | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lakers complete three-team blockbuster to acquire Chris Paul

You think the Heat doesn't have a bench? You ain't seen nothing yet

They have nothing to give Orlando for Dwight besides Andrew Bynum and I wouldn't touch him with a 39-and-a-half foot pole

I saw a Laker homer say that giving the Magic Bynum for Howard and Gilbert Arenas would be a fair trade. :bobdole:

Who needs rebounding? Apparently not the Lakers.

...it's been a helluva day for SoCal sports teams(and their fans)....I don't believe the Lakers are finished making deals.... oh,and anytime two future Hall of Fame players... while still in their prime...come to your home city... in the same day...it's been a pretty good day...

love my Heat homers, but the Lakers won on this trade. They'll add some rebounding, but Chris Paul is an unbelieveable player. No seriously, the guy is an absolute stud. The biggest question mark is injuries for the Lakers . . . can Bynum and Paul keep healthy . . . and how much does Kobe really have left. The Lakers aren't done . . . I doubt they have enough pull to get Howard, outside of trading a bunch of first round picks and Bynum, but dumping the salaries of Gasol and Odom most surely help that cause.

Lets bring up the obvious hypothetical situation here:

Paul/Kobe/Howard vs. Wade/James/Bosh . . . . who do you like better, assuming all 6 guys are healthy?

The Heat are still the better team because they absolutely have depth on their team, and now they have Battier in the bag also . . . . but the Lakers got better today, and Heat fans questioning that the same concerns were had last year when people said we wouldn't do anything because we had no big man. Lakers will take care of that.

Would of been a terrible deal if they weren't able to get Howard. Odom and Gasol has a LOT more importance to that team than a PG with knee issues. They would of had one good big, who's only capable of playing 50 games if a year if he's lucky, and what? Theo Ratliff? Joe Smith?

...so some owners cry to Stern about the deal...and then Stern kills the 3 team trade...yes,the Hornets are owned the the league,but that should be irrelevant...the Lakers actually gave up too much "money wise" on the deal... the Lakers would've gotten another player or some kind of "cash exemption" ....there's nothing wrong with this deal... the owners are apparently still on the "lockout high"...why don't we just rotate the NBA championship to a different city every year...this smells

...so some owners cry to Stern about the deal...and then Stern kills the 3 team trade...yes,the Hornets are owned the the league,but that should be irrelevant...the Lakers actually gave up too much "money wise" on the deal... the Lakers would've gotten another player or some kind of "cash exemption" ....there's nothing wrong with this deal... the owners are apparently still on the "lockout high"...why don't we just rotate the NBA championship to a different city every year...this smells

The owner of a sports team has every right to shoot down a trade involving their team. The real problem is how the hell can the NBA own a team. That's ****ing dumb.

The owner of a sports team has every right to shoot down a trade involving their team. The real problem is how the hell can the NBA own a team. That's ****ing dumb.

yeah,that's the part that smells....they're trying to control where players go now....

Too bad The Fixer (David Stern) said NOOOO to the deal. He controls who wins and losses championships just as much as he fixes the NBA draft. The NBA is as legit as the WWE.

:lol:

Im sure theres a league wide fix and nobody has ever leaked anything about it at all. And Im sure Stern wanted Cleveland to win the lottery for the best talent to enter the game in over a decade.

:lol:

Im sure theres a league wide fix and nobody has ever leaked anything about it at all. And Im sure Stern wanted Cleveland to win the lottery for the best talent to enter the game in over a decade.

I have been closely watching David Stern since the 1985? draft when he bent a corner of an envelope and this was the envelope the Knick's GM took to get Patrick Ewing. You can actually see a video of this on YouTube. David "The Fixer" Stern thought he could fool us. :lol2:

Back
Top Bottom