Lamont Jordan | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lamont Jordan

Noodleman

Starter
Reaction score
For all you Lamont Jordan lovers, I just read on ESPN.com that he is about to sign a 5 year-27.5 million dollar contract. I, for one, think that is way to much money for an unproven back. My question is would you rather have Jordan for that or Edge for 2million more a year? I would rather have Edge.

Noodleman said:
For all you Lamont Jordan lovers, I just read on ESPN.com that he is about to sign a 5 year-27.5 million dollar contract. I, for one, think that is way to much money for an unproven back. My question is would you rather have Jordan for that or Edge for 2million more a year? I would rather have Edge.

Edge, without a doubt but I don't agree that Jordon is 'unproven'. The guy has limited playing time but when he's carried the ball, he's done a pretty good job, IMO.

4.9 YPC 10 TD, 0 Fumb

Besides, it's not our money. As far as I'm concerned. :)

whats different about signing Lamont to a contract like that or a rookie we take at the #2 spot except that Jordan has some experience already?

Noodleman said:

Jordan!

OMG, how is the Raiders fitting all these players under their cap? With Porter, Moss, Woodson, (didn't Sapp sign a big contract last year?), high draft pick $ to Gallery!

naw i think that sapp is leaving though but u r going to have the best off-season out of ne one

Craaaaap!!!

My dream of Edwards or Williams playing opposite Chambers is over!

Guess it'll be Ronnie Brown.

Oboy said:
OMG, how is the Raiders fitting all these players under their cap? With Porter, Moss, Woodson, (didn't Sapp sign a big contract last year?), high draft pick $ to Gallery!

Woodson might have rebuffed on his Franchise tender....Also there are rumors to Woodson being shipped out...Either way dont expect Woodson to be a Raider next year...$10.5 is his cap number.They cant afford them all.

Noodleman said:

Nah, I'd still rather have Jordon at that price versus Edge if for nothing more than less wear and tear....

LarryFinFan said:
Nah, I'd still rather have Jordon at that price versus Edge if for nothing more than less wear and tear....

Yep. That's what I'm saying. Edge hasn't looked the same since his knee.

I'm disappointed and psyched at the same time. I think this makes Ronnie Brown almost a shoo in.

For all you fantasy football players -- take Jordan if you can. Remember that Norv did here with Williams, in Washington with Davis, and in Dallas with Smith. Jordan may not be a Williams or Smith in terms of talent, but he was actually compared to Davis coming out of college.

I don't know why everyone is ga-ga over Lamont Jordan. The guy has broken only two runs for more than 40+ yards in his NFL career!!! Prior to last season Herm Edwards hated his guts and wanted to cut him, but needed to be talked out of it. The guy isn't great. Im not even sure he is even good.

He's a decent player but probably not a #1 RB in this league.

I'm glad we didn't grab him. Although he is good, that is crazy money for a first starting spot. Guess it's Oakland's turn to throw money around this free agency.

musphinzfan said:
Woodson might have rebuffed on his Franchise tender....Also there are rumors to Woodson being shipped out...Either way dont expect Woodson to be a Raider next year...$10.5 is his cap number.They cant afford them all.

I agree. Woodson put the screws to the Raiders by quickly signing after being franchised, a moved that guaranteed his contract for next year. From the sound of it, the Raiders are pretty eager to get rid of the guy. I'm glad Woodson's been injured, otherwise PS's value would be lower.

Back
Top Bottom