Lance Armstrong - A Real American Hero | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lance Armstrong - A Real American Hero

ARMSTRONG IS THE MAN!!!

The fact that Armstrong has been able to accomplish this monumental feat in spite of all the difficulties he's had over the course of this Tour has been even more awe inspiring than anyone could have ever wished for. In this race Armstrong overcame a bad crash the month prior to the Tour, a stomache virus that plagued him for the last few days leading up to the Tour, a huge crash in stage 1, bad shoes, a rear brake rubbing all the way up the first day in the Alps (this would really suck), another crash, and the most intense competition he's ever faced. He also revealed that he cracked the frame of his bike in the crash on Monday where he won the stage.

I could go on with all that this guy had to overcome in this one Tour but it would take up another 6 paragraphs! Let's suffice it to say that this was one of the most impressive displays of athletic skill and triumph any of us will ever see.

Armstrong says he's coming back next year and he said "I'm not returning to come in second." Nice!
:up:

I actually watched the Tour live today on OLN for the first time. I was hearing so much about how today was so important that I just had to check it out. Ulrich and Armstrong's times were so close for a while, but when Ulrich crashed it crushed his chances of winning. Armstrong is just incredible.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
I actually watched the Tour live today on OLN for the first time. I was hearing so much about how today was so important that I just had to check it out. Ulrich and Armstrong's times were so close for a while, but when Ulrich crashed it crushed his chances of winning. Armstrong is just incredible.

That's awesome that you took the time to watch the event this morning! If you ever have the opportunity to enjoy the sport of cycling I would highly recommend it as it will be something that gets in your blood and will stay with you forever. It'll also give you an intensely profound respect for what these guys do on their bikes day in and day out.

***Armstrong Wins!!!***

Armstrong Wins 5th Tour De France in Row

PARIS (AP) - Sipping champagne to celebrate his victory, Lance Armstrong won his hardest but sweetest Tour de France title Sunday - a record-tying fifth straight win that places him alongside the greatest cyclists in the sport.
The 31-year-old cancer survivor and Spanish great Miguel Indurain are now the only two riders to win the sport's most grueling and prestigious race five times straight - a record Armstrong plans to break next year.
Way to Go Lance! :up:
clear.gif

I'll bet that champagne in his hand is the sweetest he's ever tasted!

Only the 2nd person in the 100 year history, to do it 5 times straight!

Here's to an unprecidented 6th next year! :drinkers:

I have all the confidence in the world that he can pull it off next year, without the stomach flu prior to the event, and all the stebacks he had to overcome this year.... had it not been for all of that, Ullrich wouldn't have even come close.

Link to Full Story

Back
Top Bottom