Landry Isn't Focused On Numbers | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Landry Isn't Focused On Numbers

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
Jarvis Landry joined his Dolphins teammates for the first OTA session of the new season Tuesday with his mind set on getting better and his eyes looking ahead.

Straight ahead.

From an individual standpoint, the 2015 season was a memorable one for Landry, who earned his first Pro Bowl invitation as well as a share of team MVP honors for his work at wide receiver and as a kick returner.

But that season ended almost five months ago. It’s all about 2016 now for Landry.

“That 2015 season is gone,” Landry said. “It’s past me. It’s good to talk about what I’ve done in the past, but honestly I’m excited about this season, excited about this offense, excited about this team. I want to move in that direction and not look back in the past.”

Landry will have a hard time duplicating his numbers of 2015 when he set a franchise record with 110 receptions, good for 1,157 yards, and finished tied for seventh in the NFL in punt return average thanks in large part to his game-winning return for a touchdown in the season opener at Washington.

Landry, though, isn’t focused on numbers. He’s focused on continuing to add to his already impressive array of skills.

“I feel like there’s always room to get better, no matter how much you’ve accomplished or what you’ve done or what you can do,” he said. “For me, I’m just focusing on continuing to build on my strengths, finding weaknesses in the details of my routes, details of catching the football, assignments and trying to master them.
http://www.miamidolphins.com/news/a...-Numbers/e2581bf0-5347-425a-a2e5-251574cba7d6

I love Landry. What he said is all fine and dandy....but he's just saying what he is supposed to say. Hopefully he can duplicate last season or hell maybe even top it.

I love Jarvis, but I noticed something last year against the Giants game. I think he is worried about competing with OBJ and actually dancing. Sounds baltent by me, but I am hoping he matures. NYG are forced to throw to OBJ because of injuries. Miami has better depth and quality at WR. I want to see Jarvis develop into a leader now, leading Parker and Carroo. His numbers for receptions will hopefully decrease, with the elimination of the bubble screen. I'd like more YAC's and YPC. I also want him eliminated from ST's. It's time we utilize him right.

Back
Top Bottom