Demaryious Thomas

Devante Adams

Ty Hilton

Alshon Jeffrey

Julian Eddleman

Adam Thielan

Stefon Diggs

Amari Cooper

Think that’s all I got that I would personally take over slot boy.

I'd take him over Tate, Diggs and Thielan

Julio Jones

A j Green

Odell

Antonio Brown

Keenan Allen

Golden Tate

Mike Thomas

Mike Evans

Demaryious Thomas

Devante Adams

Ty Hilton

Alshon Jeffrey

Julian Eddleman

Adam Thielan

Stefon Diggs

Amari Cooper

Think that’s all I got that I would personally take over slot boy.

Jeffrey caught 47% of his passes last year and averaged 6.58 yards per target compared to Landry's 6.13 ytgt. Jeffrey yards per target has gone down every single year of his career. 2012 9.60, 2013 8.73, 2014 8.59, 2015 7.81, 2016 7.65, 2017 6.58. There were 64 WR's last year who had 40 catches or more, Alshon was 64th in catch %.

Jeffrey caught 47% of his passes last year and averaged 6.58 yards per target compared to Landry's 6.13 ytgt. Jeffrey yards per target has gone down every single year of his career. 2012 9.60, 2013 8.73, 2014 8.59, 2015 7.81, 2016 7.65, 2017 6.58. There were 64 WR's last year who had 40 catches or more, Alshon was 64th in catch %.
Yeah your right, not Jeffrey

If he's not smart the money will be gone.

He will make in ONE year 15-20x what the average US worker makes in their entire lifetime......

20x your entire life's income....in one year....

I think he will be ok on money unless he starts literally whiping his ass with $50s

Last edited:
He could literally buy 10 different very nice $400,000 houses, stock them all with food/supplies for a lifetime, and not even be half way through one years salary...

Saying any athlete that makes those insane amounts will go broke is just silly.

Might they have to scale down the lifestyle and spend less on Ferraris in the future? Sure....

Stop buying 4000$ bottles of wine and racking up 8000$ club tabs? Yes....

Will they ever actually "go broke"?? ... no definitely not.

He could literally buy 10 different very nice $400,000 houses, stock them all with food/supplies for a lifetime, and not even be half way through one years salary...

Might they have to scale down the lifestyle and spend less on Ferraris in the future? Sure....

Pro athletes across all major sports - "Challenge accepted!"

But they do go broke. Then the team trots out broke former millionaires up to their eyeballs in debt into the facility to speak about the importance of saving for the future. Then that doesn't work and those guys are left wondering what happened.

It's amazing really.

Last edited:
But they do go broke. Then the team trots broke former millionaires up to their eyeballs in debt into the facility to speak about the importance of saving for the future. Then that doesn't work and those guys are left wondering what happened.

It's amazing really.

It is.

It’s why I applaud Ross for financially mentoring players. I’m well aware of the disproportionate amount of money athletes make. But it also gives them a disproportionate perspective. When you have so much money that you can buy almost ANYTHING, it’s easy to lose track of your spending. Look at Mike Tyson, for an example. Rumor has it that he crashed a Lamorghini at one point, LEFT it there, walked to a Rolls Royce dealership, bought one, and kept going.

"outside voices" :)

Great clip! Kenny is so important to this team. Gase saw this before he took the job, the two players he was ecstatic about from the start: Ryan & Kenny. It's weird how the mind works, I can remember exactly where I was walking (NSU to class) as I was reading twitter the days following the Gase hiring. He went on and on about Stills when he was hired.

If he's not smart the money will be gone.

I doubt it. I read a few articles about Landry's spending earlier in his career, he is (was?) very smart with his money; he wasn't using his salary for living expenses. He has a big OBJ head now, so maybe things have changed, but I would not be surprised if he was doing the right thing. In that ridiculous SI article he was buying all sorts of designer crap but I wouldn't say that is indicative of him spending out of control.

I am starting to get excited about Landry as a villain. Think about it. When have you EVER been excited for a Browns game? How many of you wish we played them this year? I wish we had them Week 1 at home. Rivalries make football more exciting & I feel like there will be more riding on Fins/Browns games than ever before. I guarantee i'm not the only Dolphin fan who is looking forward to watching Hard Knocks this year.

It is.

It’s why I applaud Ross for financially mentoring players. I’m well aware of the disproportionate amount of money athletes make. But it also gives them a disproportionate perspective. When you have so much money that you can buy almost ANYTHING, it’s easy to lose track of your spending. Look at Mike Tyson, for an example. Rumor has it that he crashed a Lamorghini at one point, LEFT it there, walked to a Rolls Royce dealership, bought one, and kept going.

Mike Tyson was a full blown cokehead, high as a kite for some of his major bouts, and used a fake penis for drug detection. He was snorting blow in the locker room before his 2004 fight with Danny Williams ( which he lost: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/o...nd-using-a-fake-penis-to-avoid-detection.html). Did anyone expect him to be fiscally conservative in that state?

Is it possible this is happening in the NFL? Yeah, but career sustainability would be far more difficult. Fighters get far more time off.

Mike Tyson was a full blown cokehead, high as a kite for some of his major bouts, and used a fake penis for drug detection. He was snorting blow in the locker room before his 2004 fight with Danny Williams ( which he lost: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/o...nd-using-a-fake-penis-to-avoid-detection.html).

Is it possible this is happening in the NFL? Yeah, but career sustainability would be far more difficult in football. Fighters get far more time off.

The idea that cocaine somehow wouldn't boost athletic performance is literally insane.

The impressive one is a crackhead being the most dominant defender in NFL history.

The idea that cocaine somehow wouldn't boost athletic performance is literally insane.

The impressive one is a crackhead being the most dominant defender in NFL history.

Ever come down from Coke? Good luck fighting in that state. It's not like he can pause the fight and go take a bump in the locker room.

It is incredible what Mike Tyson & LT were able to accomplish, especially given their drug abuse. They were rare specimens. Who is that today? Jon Jones? lol

My only point on the cocaine abuse was regarding financial responsibility, of which Tyson had zero. Coke abusers aren't typically penny pinchers. To compare Tyson to Landry is a little wild IMO.

Ever come down from Coke? Good luck fighting in that state. It's not like he can pause the fight and go take a bump in the locker room.

It is incredible what Mike Tyson & LT were able to accomplish, especially given their drug abuse. They were rare specimens. Who is that today? Jon Jones? lol

My only point on the cocaine abuse was regarding financial responsibility, of which Tyson had zero. Coke abusers aren't typically penny pinchers. To compare Tyson to Landry is a little wild IMO.

He wasn't comparing them as such but I get it.

Coke heightens your senses. Crack dissolves your brain. I know it's the same derivative but not even close to the same effects ... kinda like alcohol and absinthe.

Hearing ex-addicts like Strawberry talk about it is particularly enlightening. Hell, read almost anything involving the 1980s and MLB.

Back
Top Bottom