Landry Trade Rumor Talk | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Landry Trade Rumor Talk

Jesus Christ... Landry is amazing out of the slot. His talent in the field he covers is elite. Regardless of QB, you do not just let that walk or give it away,

Regardless of QB, all the talk has been that Miami will let Jarvis Landry walk. The front office is unwilling to meet his price.

Regardless of QB, all the talk has been that Miami will let Jarvis Landry walk. The front office is unwilling to meet his price.

If the front office is letting Landry walk (now or later), it likely means that Tannehill's future is in doubt.

"all the talk" has been some moron on twitter that had his 5minutes of fame based off lazy reporters using twitter as their sources and random FH theories. Oh noes the 49ers traded Joe M. that must've spelled the end for Jerry Rice since he was a favorite target right?.. oh that's right.. they had a younger QB named Steve Young in the wings and Rice continued his career(countless examples of NFL history to moot your random theory).

I have a reliable person who is around team everyday tell me gase and also wr coach Jefferson do not have a good relationship with Landry. Landry for whatever reason has never taken to Gase. Media never reported it but in training camp Landry was sent to locker room for not finishing a route which led to a pick, Jefferson was heard saying he wanted him to sit out practice for a week and gase (probably jokingly) said he'll ship his *** to cleveland. Gase and the coaches view the wr team leader as Stills. I don't think any sort of trade is imminent but his reputation as "team guy" is not shared by the coaches.

Really odd cause who do i see getting and giving the biggest embrace on the sideline just prior to kick off vs philly on the tv coverage but Jarvis Landry and Adam gase.

I don't believe the bit about any Landry/Gase rift. He may be tradeable, they may think his contract demands are too much to bear, and they may prefer a TE that can flex out and be a seam threat as opposed to an ever-present slot guy ... but I'm still not buying the rift. Both of those guys are wide open honest people. Gase gives Landry huge respect and free license to express himself. Landry use it and does not abuse that freedom. Both guys seem to have tremendous respect for one another.

But as DolphinJohnNY said earlier ... anyone is tradeable. Even if Landry walks next year, we'll likely get a 3rd round compensatory and 14M+ of cap space to find his replacement. That's high compensation for any slot receiver. So, any trade amount would need to be higher than that. I just can't see many teams willing to pay his number and give up a 2nd rounder or more. Cleveland seems like one of the few options there.

JOE MONTANA & WAYNE GRETZKI were traded. As much as I love JARVIS, he's not in their league. ANYONE is tradable. IMO, JARVIS' skill set is the "easiest" to replace among him, DVP & STILLS. The DOLPHINS simply cannot pay THREE WR's what they are all due. LANDRY would be greatly missed though, no doubt.
True anyone is tradeable. But Montana and Gretzky were traded "after" their primes and after they had helped their franchises to multiple titles (3 each).

I don't believe the bit about any Landry/Gase rift. He may be tradeable, they may think his contract demands are too much to bear, and they may prefer a TE that can flex out and be a seam threat as opposed to an ever-present slot guy ... but I'm still not buying the rift. Both of those guys are wide open honest people. Gase gives Landry huge respect and free license to express himself. Landry use it and does not abuse that freedom. Both guys seem to have tremendous respect for one another.

But as DolphinJohnNY said earlier ... anyone is tradeable. Even if Landry walks next year, we'll likely get a 3rd round compensatory and 14M+ of cap space to find his replacement. That's high compensation for any slot receiver. So, any trade amount would need to be higher than that. I just can't see many teams willing to pay his number and give up a 2nd rounder or more. Cleveland seems like one of the few options there.
This is why I wait and not trade him right now. You try to keep him - if you can't, you take the compensation.

Unless we get a late 1 we are getting hosed.

I'm not on board with this.

Exactly. If Landry is worth a $12+ million dollar a year contract, then he's a player that's valuable enough to get you a 1st round pick. Especially with him so cheap for 2017. No way I'd trade him for just a 2nd round pick. Maybe a legit starter at a position of need AND a 2nd round pick. But you're right. Any trade for less than a first for Landry, and we are losing in that deal. Heck, we'd end up with a comp, and another year of him playing for under $1 mil if we keep him for 2017, and he signs elsewhere after the season.

Back
Top Bottom