Langer72 - Mock 1.0 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Langer72 - Mock 1.0

LANGER72

Active Roster
Reaction score
I am no draft guru, so humor my picks. I would like these selections. Of course it never turns out like we wanted. (I wanted TY Hilton last year)

Despite the need to replenish the oline, by the time we select at 19, most of the top tier OT quality will be gone. I am taking the shot gun approach at the bottom of the draft, taking 2 OT & OG.

With our pick at #19, Ebron will immediately improve our production at TE plus he can block for the running game. He will improve our red zone scoring giving RT another option. Impact player.

2nd round pick is Hyde. He combines power and toughness and will give the Fins more punch at the LOS. I hope he is still there at our pick. Impact player.

3rd round pick is Borland. He draws comparisons to Zack Thomas, a tackling machine that rarely makes mistakes. Impact player.

4th-7th -Load up on oline and hope we find a couple of players. Lunch pail guys. Spend the money on impact players.

Resign - Solai, Clemmons, Carroll

FA - Monroe LT, McDaniel DT

Draft picks:
1. Eric Ebron - TE
2. Carlos Hyde - RB
3. Chris Borland - ILB
4. Jon Halapio - OG
5. Chris Watt - OG
6. Sentreal Henderson - OT
7. Justin Britt - OT

I'm thinking Hyde will still be sitting there with our 3rd round pick.. I'd take a tackle in that 2nd spot. Real big drop off of talent in the tackle department after the 1-2 rounds.

I'm thinking Hyde will still be sitting there with our 3rd round pick.. I'd take a tackle in that 2nd spot. Real big drop off of talent in the tackle department after the 1-2 rounds.

Could you send me an article that says he's shaping up to be a 3rd...I have no reason to believe that's more likely than being a high to mid 2.

Could you send me an article that says he's shaping up to be a 3rd...I have no reason to believe that's more likely than being a high to mid 2.

According to my matrix, which takes 10 different scouting site rankings, prior to the combine his average ranking was 47th which puts him just before our 2nd round pick.

I'll have to update my matrix post combine and I'll make it available to everyone when I'm finished. I have over 500 prospects on it.

He started out being a 2nd round pick, but him running a slow 4.66 and all that had to drop him on some teams boards. Carey will be a 2nd rounder though.

Just what we need another head case. This guy is a mountain but be was suspended or hurt most of his UM career.

That would be a good haul and lessen the impact of losing Starks or Big Paul. Monroe will not be cheap but i like him over fat Albert.

If they are unable to get one of the top OT's in FA I think they go there at #19 or after a trade back a couple spots..

He started out being a 2nd round pick, but him running a slow 4.66 and all that had to drop him on some teams boards. Carey will be a 2nd rounder though.

He pulled up with a hamstring injury. Odds are he improves on it at his pro-day because he doesn't show mid 4.6s on tape, more of a 4.5 guy IMO.

Just what we need another head case. This guy is a mountain but be was suspended or hurt most of his UM career.

That would be a good haul and lessen the impact of losing Starks or Big Paul. Monroe will not be cheap but i like him over fat Albert.

If they are unable to get one of the top OT's in FA I think they go there at #19 or after a trade back a couple spots..

Henderson is a head case and underachiever, but at that position in the draft it is hard to over look his physical attributes. Low risk / boom or bust with a 6th round pick
In my scenario, Monroe would be the LT starter. Hopefully Henderson will grow up by year 2-3 with the team

ebron and tre mason would actually take away some of the disgust i have right now for this organization.

Back
Top Bottom