Lawson similar to S. Merriman? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lawson similar to S. Merriman?

SR 7

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
On ESPN they were showing S. Merriman's (SP) plays last year as they were talking to TE Davis ( i believe thats his last name i just hit a brain fart) and if he helped him out for the draft and such b/c they were teammates last year and i notcied that SM and lawson have the exact same tackling style and burst to the Off. player. They both LEAP with full body weight on their tackles and jsut explode to the player. Lawson put M. Williams to shame coming off the line and closing in on the QB. I would really love to get this guy if we dont go WR in RD 1. I think we will go S later on in the draft.

SM is a bit bigger but doesn't have the speed ML has and i think ML can make the same type of impact SM did last year.

Well in a way their similar but Merriman's size and strength is what makes him such a beast on the field. Lawson would have to use his speed to his advantage, if he was anything like Merriman I wouldn't hesitate taking him at 16.

Lawson is more like Jevon Kearse or a faster Jason Taylor coming out of college. As far as putting Mario to shame off the line, that's a bit of a stretch, but Lawson 4.41 speed will do that to a lot of players.

Geforce said:
Lawson is more like Jevon Kearse or a faster Jason Taylor coming out of college. As far as putting Mario to shame off the line, that's a bit of a stretch, but Lawson 4.41 speed will do that to a lot of players.

I happen to agree with him, when watching the two I think Lawson is the one who looks more impressive when rushing the QB.

Geforce said:

go look at his video ill give you the link if u want, he is 3 steps ahead of williams and no BS stretch i dont exagerate. go watch it.

SR 7 said:
go look at his video ill give you the link if u want, he is 3 steps ahead of williams and no BS stretch i dont exagerate. go watch it.
I'm not saying you exagerated. All I was saying is that Lawson was not that many steps ahead of Mario on every play.
Don't get me wrong, I've like Manny since his sophomore season. If he hadn't made the move to DE, I think he could have been one of the nations top LB.

Keep in mind that Mario Williams faced significantly more double teams than Manny Lawson.
Also, Lawson is going to get off the line faster that Williams every once in a while, especially in highlights of Lawson. Yet, when i looked at the two over a few full games it becomes exceedingly obvious that Williams is much more consistently explosive than Lawson. Williams is on a whole other level. Its not even comparable.

Ghetti13 said:
Keep in mind that Mario Williams faced significantly more double teams than Manny Lawson.
Also, Lawson is going to get off the line faster that Williams every once in a while, especially in highlights of Lawson. Yet, when i looked at the two over a few full games it becomes exceedingly obvious that Williams is much more consistently explosive than Lawson. Williams is on a whole other level. Its not even comparable.

iono the vids i watched seemed to be a lot more diff then how u explained it. Even is williams vids u see lawson there first about 20% of the time. Lawson woudl almost EVERYTIME gain 3 steps off the line comapred to williams

I don't really see the comparison. Merriman to me is a stronger, more physical guy and Lawson is a speedy, agile guy.

Sure, he's similar. They both play football. On defense. And will make a lot of money doing it.

Beyond that? Nah.

Motion said:
I don't really see the comparison. Merriman to me is a stronger, more physical guy and Lawson is a speedy, agile guy.

do you guys read? or understand thigns? i said they TACKLEEEEEEEEEEEE SIMILAR I SAID NOTHING PAST THAT!

SR 7 said:
do you guys read? or understand thigns? i said they TACKLEEEEEEEEEEEE SIMILAR I SAID NOTHING PAST THAT!

Well it is usually hard to read your posts. So you made a thread comparing "tackling styles"? Whats the point? As long as they bring them down I don't care how they tackle, or how similar it is to anyone.

Motion said:
Well it is usually hard to read your posts. So you made a thread comparing "tackling styles"? Whats the point? As long as they bring them down I don't care how they tackle, or how similar it is to anyone.

uh..."hard to read your posts" and i made a thread about comparing tackling has NOTHING to do with ppl reading. don't try to attack me with that BS.

Back
Top Bottom