LB Prospects | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

LB Prospects

thaemcee2

B.A.M.F. 0321
Reaction score
Listen I love Kiko and I am glad he's on the team I know he won ROY in 13...but if we can draft/sign a stud Mike then we should seriously consider the switch to Will...the good news is that he can play both spots giving us flexability in draft/FA....but we still also need a Sam!

Foster must have dropped some weight but in the NFL he'll be closer to his 235-245 range and is more of a thumping Mike than Kiko....not so convinced on Cunningham at Mike I think if he can put on about 10 pounds thats a diff story but I read hes better suited at Will like a KJ Wright type...im looking at Mcmallin from OSU Beckwith from LSU and Boulware from Clemson, all entering the draft...too bad Biegel and Kiser are returning for their senior year, they would be great value Mikes..regardless theres plenty of value this draft

Heres some good graphics on ILB/OLB Prospects from CBS

ILB.jpgOLB.jpg

Have to think Jarrad Davis is high on Miami' list and a potential pick at #22.

Adam Beasley ‏@AdamHBeasley 6m6 minutes ago
Mel Kiper has Miami taking LB Jerrad Davis in the first. "He would fill a great need." Said they could address TE in later rounds.

Joe Schad ‏@schadjoe 5h5 hours ago
Miami Dolphins mocked to pick Wisconsin LB T.J. Watt w 22 pick (per @MoveTheSticks Daniel Jeremiah, @nflnetwork)

Joe Schad ‏@schadjoe 5h5 hours ago
Miami Dolphins mocked to pick Wisconsin LB T.J. Watt w 22 pick (per @MoveTheSticks Daniel Jeremiah, @nflnetwork)

I think that if the Dolphins do not get Ingram (again who knows how much that rumors is actually valid) TJ Watt could be a possibility, especially if you see Foster, McMillian, and Cunningham off the board....second tier guys like Walker, Davis and Beckwith could be very good second round possibilities, although I think may have to move up a bit to grab one. Trading back may be a possibility as well if they feel they can get the player they want 6 or 7 picks later.

I don't see us going after TJ Watt...he is best suited as a OLB in a 3-4 where he played at in college...in our D he would be a DE I can't see him playing LB in our 4-3, it would kinda be like a melvin ingram deal....not saying hes no good but not a good fit

is it just me or are linebackers getting smaller? I coulda swore guys like Ray Lewis and Suggs were in the 250s even more sometimes.

is it just me or are linebackers getting smaller? I coulda swore guys like Ray Lewis and Suggs were in the 250s even more sometimes.

Ray Lewis was 235-238 when he entered the league. He bulked up. Many of these guys are 21-22 yo and usually put on 5-10 lbs within their 1st 5yrs in the league. The exception was Keith Traylor who entered the league as a 250lb LB and ended up a 300+ DT.

I think that if the Dolphins do not get Ingram (again who knows how much that rumors is actually valid) TJ Watt could be a possibility, especially if you see Foster, McMillian, and Cunningham off the board....second tier guys like Walker, Davis and Beckwith could be very good second round possibilities, although I think may have to move up a bit to grab one. Trading back may be a possibility as well if they feel they can get the player they want 6 or 7 picks later.

You mean trading back in round one correct a few spots to pick up an additional pick correct? I think if all those players are gone and OJ Howard also they may just trade back regardless IF they can. It supposed to be a great defensive draft so why not try to do that and pick up an extra pick? Assuming you can find a partner though.. could be a good CB or offensive player sitting there maybe that a team covets..

I don't know about Jeremiah draft he has OJ going at pick 30 to the Pitt. for instance. Davis at 27 to KC

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...mock-draft-10-49ers-jets-texans-fill-qb-needs

Ray Lewis was 235-238 when he entered the league. He bulked up. Many of these guys are 21-22 yo and usually put on 5-10 lbs within their 1st 5yrs in the league. The exception was Keith Traylor who entered the league as a 250lb LB and ended up a 300+ DT.
:up:

Seems like this would be a good year to have a lot of ammo for our needs in this draft... some good lb prospects it seems. I'm on the train of sign Melvin Ingram for sam / sub pass rusher. Draft a mlb in the first (or second if it should fall that way) and then move Kiko to the weakside. Our bottom tier LB unit instantly goes into one of the better looking groups - on paper at least.

Need to still find ways to address guard, de, te, and probably db too. OL definitely needs to net us a solid starting guard

Back
Top Bottom