"Leading the league in drops ... " | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Leading the league in drops ... "

Penthos

Am I on speaker phone?
Reaction score
... At least, that's what they said during game. After the litany of drops through the rest of the game, certainly our handle on first in that category is solid.

The only time its ok to lead the league in pass drops is when you also lead the league in pass attempts. How many first downs have been flat out dropped by our receivers and running backs? Catch those balls and both of those games could have been dramatically different.

As badly as RT is playing, which IMO is bad enough to start Moore, his receivers are playing just as poorly. They have one basic job.... catch the friggin ball.

Ball placement has something to do with catches & balls across the middle are dropped more often than others due to the smack factor. I wonder what the % of drops are across the middle. I wonder what % of all RT throws go across the middle?

I agree many are catch-able but at days end its the QB's problem if they are not because he will take the majority of the heat when drops pile up.

The Dolphins are tied for 3rd in pass attempts per game, and 2nd in total pass attempts. You're going to get some drops. Especially when your QB's ball placement is all over the place.

Ball placement has something to do with catches & balls across the middle are dropped more often than others due to the smack factor. I wonder what the % of drops are across the middle. I wonder what % of all RT throws go across the middle?

I agree many are catch-able but at days end its the QB's problem if they are not because he will take the majority of the heat when drops pile up.

Most of the drops are on perfectly placed balls (yes some were bad not many though but all were catchable period end of story)....How many crucial drops did we have yesterday its ridiculous to say the least even go back a few game on those two beautifully placed deep balls that would have been touchdowns to Sims and Hartline. Also, hardline, gibson, and landry all dropped cruicial 3rd down passes on nice drives heading into KC Territory if those plays are made, just kill your momentum. Once again not T-Hills fault if all 3 of those guys make a play we score on all 3 drives baring a turnover esp with the way we were running it and prob have a diff outcome. Those drops also effected our D because we couldn't give them any rest. That was just yest this has been happening every game so far thats why everyone thinks it T-Hill but whats he supposed to do when guys can't extend drives on balls that hit them in the hands.

And yes we have like 14 drops through 3 games thats got to be a record T-Hill can't catch a break!! Oline last year now guys can't catch but its all Thills fault its almost comical

Most of the drops are on perfectly placed balls (yes some were bad not many though but all were catchable period end of story)....How many crucial drops did we have yesterday its ridiculous to say the least even go back a few game on those two beautifully placed deep balls that would have been touchdowns to Sims and Hartline. Also, hardline, gibson, and landry all dropped cruicial 3rd down passes on nice drives heading into KC Territory if those plays are made, just kill your momentum. Once again not T-Hills fault if all 3 of those guys make a play we score on all 3 drives baring a turnover esp with the way we were running it and prob have a diff outcome. Those drops also effected our D because we couldn't give them any rest. That was just yest this has been happening every game so far thats why everyone thinks it T-Hill but whats he supposed to do when guys can't extend drives on balls that hit them in the hands.

And yes we have like 14 drops through 3 games thats got to be a record T-Hill can't catch a break!! Oline last year now guys can't catch but its all Thills fault its almost comical

Either way I still know drops ARE the QB's problem...If Peytons or Rogers receivers suddenly could not catch their fastball they would be getting derided just like RT. My point? Arguing about drops not being the QB's fault are weightless...It is his problem no matter why they fall to the ground.

Exactly. If you switch out RT for Manning, Rodgers, etc for all those passes thrown that were dropped the results would have been different. Why? not because of ball placement but because of leadership and accountability.

^^That was my response to Good_Dylan. To add, the receivers are not responding to RT despite good passes or not.

Exactly it's like playing catch with a 6 year old hard to catch it sometimes cuz you have no idea where it's gonna go

Back
Top Bottom