Lee Evans | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lee Evans

Jairus Byrd had a fluke of a rookie season, an Antonio Cromartie-like performance that will not be repeated. He had 6 of his 9 interceptions in three weeks against the following quarterbacks:

Rookie Mark Sanchez, who got picked off 6 times and was generally abused by the Buffalo defense
Jake Delhomme, the interception machine
and
Matt Schaub, the turnover-prone gunslinger

Only two more interceptions in the next six games and was a nonfactor down the stretch.

Just make sure you're all back here if you lose! You all came here on our board to trash talk, some just to say "lolol Spiller lololol, we win" I'm sure there's some from a board you post on that are here right now .. make sure they all show.

I don't know all of them, lol! 1 or 2 look familiar. I will definitely be back, win or lose.

LOL maybe so, but I was being serious that I think at the end of the season after all is said and done our 3 guys will have proven to be the top 3 backs in the league. I just think they will produce more so than anyone else. Your team will be the biggest threat to that prediction.

and i'd have to call that plain homerism...to be honest

Jairus Byrd had a fluke of a rookie season, an Antonio Cromartie-like performance that will not be repeated. He had 6 of his 9 interceptions in three weeks against the following quarterbacks:

Rookie Mark Sanchez, who got picked off 6 times and was generally abused by the Buffalo defense
and

Only two more interceptions in the next six games and was a nonfactor down the stretch.

Byrd didn't even start a game until week 3, played injured pretty much the whole season and played in a total of 14 games. He was a rookie who went to the probowl and was up for DROY. That doesn't just happen on accident. This kid has supreme ball skills, elite even. His run defense is something he needs to work on, we will see this year if he has. ANYONE who puts those stats up is impressive. I don't care what the situation is. But like I told a Jets fan, I don't expect you to give him props, the prowbowl speaks for itself. This kid is special.

Don't interpret this as me saying he will repeat, haha...he won't. I'm betting on 4-5 INTs this year.

I don't know all of them, lol! 1 or 2 look familiar. I will definitely be back, win or lose.

Feel free to not come back if we lose though, I'm sure 90% of us will be unable to respond due to bullets somehow entering our heads.

and

nice, you managed to tie in a "sophmore slump" with inflated #'s.
I'm sure you accused Brady of getting the majority of his TD's in "garbage time" as well to inflate his #'s.
Whatever lets you get to sleep at night.

Yeremiah Bell went to the Pro Bowl as well, I don't consider him the greatest safety in the AFC.

Pro Bowl is a popularity contest, Byrd went in on the fan vote because of his highlights on SportsCenter...the guys chosen by coaches over Byrd, Antoine Bethea and Brandon Merriweather, are much, much better...

Feel free to not come back if we lose though, I'm sure 90% of us will be unable to respond due to bullets somehow entering our heads.
Honestly, you can't really be that surprised or shocked when you loose in Buffalo????

I should edit that. I didn't mean in the league, I meant in the AFC east. And let me guess, you think it will be your guys? Not really surprising.

no i don't...i'm no homer...i think you guys have 2 solid backs in jackson and spiller...i think lynch is working his way out of the league...

spiller is gonna win you some games this year and even though i think your oline is meh i think spiller goes for 10 or more all purpose tds...love him

imo if healthy though the best all around rb is ronnie brown in the afc east...he just has to stay healthy

shonn green is no joke also...

nice, you managed to tie in a "sophmore slump" with inflated #'s.
I'm sure you accused Brady of getting the majority of his TD's in "garbage time" as well to inflate his #'s.
Whatever lets you get to sleep at night.

What are you talking about?

Yeremiah Bell went to the Pro Bowl as well, I don't consider him the greatest safety in the AFC.

Pro Bowl is a popularity contest, Byrd went in on the fan vote because of his highlights on SportsCenter...the guys chosen by coaches over Byrd, Antoine Bethea and Brandon Merriweather, are much, much better...
I completely agree with the popularity contest statement. Jason Peters blocked like a turnstille and he went to ProBowls.
Byrd didn't play the entire season. he made those numbers in only 14 games.

http://www.nfl.com/players/jairusbyrd/profile?id=BYR449897

Honestly, you can't really be that surprised or shocked when you loose in Buffalo????

I wouldn't necessarily be shocked, but it would suck pretty bad. It's not so much the fact that it would be losing to you guys, but it's the fact that it would show that we're going to be off to a slow start again, and on the road to a very brutal first half of the schedule. We can't afford to not come out strong this year.

Jake Long and Vernon Carey are hardly journeymen. John Jerry looks to be a long-term starter and it's either or with Grove and Berger at center. Incognito is at least a proven commodity in the run game.

Our defense has much, much, much more talent...I'd take Posluszny over Crowder and MAYBE Whitner over Clemons but nobody else. Your team lost your only true defensive weapon when Aaron Schobel quit. I have all the right in the world to get excited for Mike Nolan, he's one of the best defensive minds in the game. Nolan's defense collapsed because Josh McDaniels' ego got in the way and would not let him run the defense his way. He won't have that problem here...if Sparano never interfered with that clown Pasqualoni, he won't mess with Nolan.

We'll have a winning season, 2nd behind the Patriots. AFC is freaking stacked, I'm not guaranteeing playoffs.

At the end of the day for me, I don't care if we go 2-14 as long as the two wins are against the Jest. I have no real gripes with the Bills, you've been the division punching bag save for 2007 for a long time now.

Wow, see this blows my mind. You wouldn't take the 2nd ranked secondary in the league?

Who are your safeties???? Whitner, Byrd, George Wilson and even Bryan Scott are better than anyone you have. Our safeties combined had 4 sacks, 2 forced fumbles, and an insane number of INTs. How did your safeties produce last year?

And our corners didn't play much worse. We have a strong secondary, with really good depth players.

Vontae Davis is gonna be a player for you guys. But really who else is back there???? Sean Smith isnt even starting.

We are weak at the LB spot except for Poz and Davis. Davis had 90 tackles and 3 INTs last season. He will help us in the middle.

Other than that we are a work in progress with the new scheme. But really...you guys aren't leaps and bounds ahead of us. You were better in run defense and we excelled in passing defense.

What are you talking about?

and

first off you state that he will not repeat his play from last season (sophmore slump).
then you dismissed his #'s by saying anyone could do that against those QB's... funny, the fish played those QB's as many times yet your S's didn't put up those #'s?????
Byrd didn't play in the sitting duck Colts game. he would have had three more in that game alone.

I just assumed that if you dismiss Byrds stats so easilly you would also dismiss other players stats just as easilly...

Back
Top Bottom