Lets debate it | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lets debate it

TheBostonBomber

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Who will have a more productive year............Chambers or Boston???

Chambers will have more tds because of his ability to make the clutch endzone catch but boston will have more yardage because of his ability to get the yac. I think both will be close to each other in both categories.

I would love it if that were our biggest worry this year, lets hope that this will be something to honestly debate about. I'll agree with you bomber about the way their stats will pan out. I would love to see them battle each other over a friendly little wadger to see who has the better year, that would be great. We need David to step up so badly let's just hope the things we have been reading are just propaganda, think about it, set em' up... and knock em' down.... :D . We could use a little trickery to get the upper hand in the division.

I think they both will be even but how they get there might be interesting. I have a feeling some teams will make Boston prove himself before they game plan to stop him.
I think most teams will make CC target #1. And, until Boston makes them pay, he will get the benefit of the doubt.

So, I expect Boston's number to be better at first (especially yds) and CC to slowly gain after teams give both equal respect. Because, eventually, CC is the centerpiece and will get the first looks. So, after the defenses play both equal, CC should get more chances with less coverage.

With our new OC, watch RM and Lee combine for more catches than Boston....

But CC will definately out-stat them all. :D

I don't see it with Boston. No seperation speed. Rules changes discourage contact so the chance to physically seperate with a push or contact he relies on is gone now.

he gives up or improvs routes all the time. When he was a Cardinal he could get away with that stuff.

He is a locker room cancer as well. He is a distraction and his presence and the O line questions are the only reason to NOT pick this team to be east winner hands down.

FiN.in.RI said:
is that a good thing?
Probably. If Boston turns out ot be a distracting pain in the a$$, I'd feel much better if he was not so valuable to our offense. Let's get the ball in the hands of the players who actuallly have some heart.

If JF is the QB, Chambers definitely....If AJ is the QB...could go either way...but I think I would be satisfied if CC gets 1000 yds and Dbo gets 700-1000 yds too. That would make him more productive than both McKnight and Thompson combined last year. I feel Chambers should get extra yardage due to Dbo being opposite him. I just feel that one of them could break out this year with each having a threat on the other side. I look to see RW YPC to be above 4.0 again also....He may not have significantly more yardage (1200-1500), but it'll be easier yardage for him, again because of have other threats....

I too hope this is the biggest issue this year. I think the biggest difference you will see is the changes in CCs game. Now that he has a REAL recievers coach I think his game can get a LOT better. Chambers has really gotten into some bad habits that need to be corrected. On almost every deep ball he will try to jump up and catch it with his body. Also he always runs wide open until he gets to the spot where the ball is gonna come down before adjusting to the ball. Both of these problems give the DB a chance to get a hand in and knock it away. These are things that are correctable. CC needs to have the atitude that when the ball is in the air it is his and he will fight for it rather than, "well it was not exactly where it was supposed to be so it must be the QBs fault.
A great example of a team with recievers that understand this is the Panthers. Everyone wants AJ to be the next Delhomme, well I got some news for ya. Jake throws a ton more lame ducks than Jay did last year. Being a Dolphin fan living in Charlotte I saw all the Panther games. EVERY game Jake would get a little pressure and back up and throw high lame ducks off his back foot. Just like the one in the SB where Musin came back and made the adjustment in the endzone for the touchdown. This happened on a regular bases. Jake has a slightly better arm than Jay, but the biggest difference is his recievers make plays on the balls where Fins recievers throw up there hands and walk away if the ball is not perfect. Go back and look at the tape of the late interception on the out pattern in the Houston game, if you doubt what I say. Or the pick for the touch, in the Bills game. Neither of these, (and they are just the first two that came to mind) would have happened to the Panthers.
So for my money I say CC will have a HUGE year, once he makes the small changes in his game that will move him from being a solid reciever to being a real PLAYMAKER. On the other hand though, these are things that Boston already knows, so if Chris does not make the changes in his game then it will be Boston who takes over and becomes the man in Miami.

I think we could very well see both right at 1000 yards, rememeber guys CC almost got there with no help at WR. Boston had an "off" year last year but think about it who was the Chargers second WR, Caldwell and Brees couldnt see over the OL. They will both have very good years, which in turn will open up the running game for Ricky. For Ricky I see about the same yardage but on far fewer carries, his YPC should be up over 4.0 maybe 4.5.

I think that if Boston goes through training camp and does all the reps and listens to his coaches, he can be the most dominant WR in the NFL.
He scares defenders when he is on his A game.

Too bad he puts bodybuilding before football.

Back
Top Bottom