Let's reunite Swope with Tannehill in next draft.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Let's reunite Swope with Tannehill in next draft..

Vertical Limit

Active Roster
Reaction score
Dude is a mother ****ing playmaker. He's killing Alabama. Swope actually had a productive year last year with Tannehill receiving for 1200+. Let's bring that guy here... what round is he projected to be drafted at?

My guess is 5th, 4th at the highest IMO. I do like his skill set though. Knowing Jeff he will turn down WR, DB and LB to draft him in the 1st rd.

Dude is a mother ****ing playmaker. He's killing Alabama. Swope actually had a productive year last year with Tannehill receiving for 1200+. Let's bring that guy here... what round is he projected to be drafted at?

I would start the bidding at round 3. I was just watching him in the Alabama game, too. I would say that pretty much accross the board I like what I see. He's solidly built and just about 6 feet tall- not great height, but not that bad. From what i saw online he's about a 4.45 guy and from what I saw with my eyes he is quick- I can see this guy out wide and in the slot. He's a playmaker. He's tough. He has very good hands and what was made evident today is that he'll sacrifice his body to make the catch. He's energetic and one of those guys you want on the team. Plus he's from A&M. played with Tannehill and for Sherman-'nuff said.

I like him, and from what I saw I'd be hard pressed not to take him in the 3rd- how much higher I don't know yet. I also like DE Ezikiel Ansah from BYU. Tremendous athlete, heady player, great sideline to sideline pursuit, good strength at the LOS and he can get after the QB. He also is very heads up in using his 6-6 frame to try to time QBs throws and knock down passes, which is nice. I don't know all that much about this guy, but he's definitely on my radar now and I want to see more.

As per the draft and the WR position- I'd rather sign Dwayne Bowe as a FA, bring him back to the home port of Miami and be done with it. Take the pressure off, then you can wait until the 3rd rd and pick up a solid guy like Swope. Then in the 1st you can take a Keenan Allen if you want, but you can pass on a Justin Hunter, as I would. Look at Milliner, Banks at CB- go for value at a need position.

In rds 2 and 3, if we could get Swope, Matt Elam and say this Ezekiel Ansah, and with the 1st rd land a stud CB and the other 2nd rd pick get another pass rusher... combine that with Dwayne Bowe in FA and I'll be a happy camper.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think he's a 3rd Round guy. I'm sure many will want to see how he measures and run at the combine, but based on production and dependability, i'm thinking 3rd. Very Wes Welker-esque. I really like him.

I want him here and I am sure Tannehill does as well. They were roommates in college as well.

I just mentioned in a different thread that I would look at this kid in the mid rounds and put him in Clay's role.

I want him here and I am sure Tannehill does as well. They were roommates in college as well.

Oh dang, did not know that. I'm sure Tannehill will lobby for him to Ireland just like Henne did for Hartline. Wouldn't put it past Tannehill giving him a call or text today congratulating him on his huge day.

For a third round pick, I'd do it. I think he's already more polished than Clay AND Egnew. This guy is tougher, can take a hit, he even got hit helmet to helmet today and it didn't even phase him. Dude was killing it, loved his game today. Dude was doing this on Saban's defense.

Loved what I saw, him being a senior tells me he's ready for the NFL. Swope's on my wishlist for the draft.

I also would love to have Ryan Swope,but i have this feeling that if we want him,we're gonna have to take him in the 2nd rd. I don't think he'll make it to the 3rd rd.

I just mentioned in a different thread that I would look at this kid in the mid rounds and put him in Clay's role.

You want the 6'0" 205 lb Swope to play the role of a H-back?

On another note. Sports Illustrated's Tony Pauline has Swope as one of his Week 11 draft risers and compares him to Eric Decker of the Broncos.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/tony_pauline/11/10/risers-sliders-week-11/index.html
Ryan Swope, WR -- TexasA&M: Swope entered the season as a possibly late-round selection but elevated his draft grade even prior to the contest against Alabama. His dominant performance during A&M's 29-24 victory over the top-ranked Tide will force scouts to continue to revaluate their opinion of Swope. The senior finished the day with 11 receptions for 111 yards and one touchdown. More impressively, Swope came through in the clutch, making spectacular catches during the game's critical moments, including two receptions in the fourth quarter, which moved the Aggies into scoring position. Swope lacks the speed to be used as a vertical receiver, but he plays smart, tough football and offers reliable hands. His game is similar to Broncos receiver Eric Decker and Swope could end up a third-round pick, just like Decker.

Great minds think alike. I want this guy to be a Dolphin.

Imagine a #1 wr on one side, Hartline on the other, a threat te, and Bess and Swope inside.

He's difficult to stop from the slot, particularly when he's matched up on a safety like Vinny Sunseri.

Basically what aTm did was copy LSU from the week prior by utilizing a simple concept that forced Alabama to come out in a 3-3-5 defense.... but 3 of those defensive backs weren't cornerbacks. Bama was forced to go with 3 safeties instead (Lester, Sunseri, and Clinton-Dix) and unveiled a new wrinkle with Dee Milliner playing the 'Star' position.

The concept that LSU used that aTm copied was lining up Swope in the slot inside of a TE split wide on the numbers (in aTm's case the TE is 6'5" freshman WR Mike Evans). What this does is force Alabama to cover Swope in the slot with a safety, which for the most part was Sunseri... who has no chance in man coverage against Ryan Swope.

Swope beat him like a drum all game, and the 11 receptions for 111 yards don't even indicate how difficult it really was for Sunseri. Even on the TD pass that Manziel threw to Malcolme Kennedy matched up against Milliner playing the 'Star', Swope had beaten Sunseri so bad on the other side of the field that Sunseri just jumped at Swope's feet as he ran by and tackled him.

This was two weeks in a row that we allowed the opponent to set the terms of how the game would be played instead of setting the terms ourselves and forcing the opponent to react to the Tide's superiority.

Swope has always been a tough, gritty receiver who excels at making the tough catches in traffic when he knows the hit is coming. An admirable trait that seems to become more rare in receivers as the years go by.

Keep on mind guys that we don't draft WR's before the 6th round. Our FO thinks drafting playmakers early is against the rules.

Ozzy rules!!

Back
Top Bottom