Letting go of Tua=Drew Brees curse? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Letting go of Tua=Drew Brees curse?

It was a bad comp then, and it's a bad comp now.

First of all, were all those purporting that Tua = Brees willing to wait 5 years to get there? That's how long it took DB, and part of his success has to be attributed to Payton.

Second of all, other than stature, there really aren't many similarities between Brees as a college player, and what Tua was as a collegiate. Not in offensive system. Not in style of play.

I've always thought it's a strange comparison myself.

Just because a guy is similar sized and doesn't have a rocket arm doesn't mean he is Drew Brees. He could just as easily be Pat White if those are the metrics we are using.

Tua has never been a "cerebral" QB like Brees, which is what made him Drew Brees. That isn't something every player has or can be expected to develop.

People tend to associate accuracy with intelligence on the field when they are two entirely different skills.

This organization has done its absolute best to ruin Tua. And it’s working so far.

The poorly ran organizations act like it’s a crime to keep a young QB on the sidelines until you’ve built competent offensive personnel groupings, most notably, the offensive line and run game. It’s no surprise the same poorly ran organizations keep drafting a new one every 4 years.

Tuas talent isn't what worries me, its his durability.

If Tua was on the Saints Roster from 5 years ago, I believe he would do well. Not as good as Brees but I think he would do pretty well sure.

But he isn't Brees and its kinda absurd to compare Tua to the All Time NFL leader in Passing yards.
C'mon, we know if it wasn't for injuries they'd have already changed the rules and inducted Tua into the Hall already.

He really hasn’t done anything to be compared to “anybody”.

I hope TUA comes back and has a good rest of the season …

BUT, to be clear …. Though I am NOT a TUA ‘hater’, I did not want him as the choice at QB …

WHY, because I would rather take my chances with a bigger dude with a cannon for an arm (which frankly, should have resonated more with our group) … than a seriously injured short dude who relies on precision and accuracy ….

EQUALLY, I am on board with WATSON …. have been since the start- provided he didn’t truly do anything criminally wrong … he is and will ALWAYS be a better QB than TUA EVER will be …. just 2 vastly different styles of play and abilities….

Back
Top Bottom