Le'Veon Bell in the 3rd?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by Vol&dolfan, Apr 24, 2013.

1. Vol&dolfan

Vol&dolfan Starter

I don't think the team has much faith in D Thomas. And I think we are going to need a good size rb for goal line and short yardage. your thaughts?

2. twix2500

twix2500 A True Fan

Im hoping we draft Mike James, I think he is very underrated and just as good as most of these backs in this year draft. So I willing to wait for a late pick to draft a running back and I would think James would be a sleeper addition.

3. twix2500

twix2500 A True Fan

I think another late back that would fit our offense would be Knile Davis.

4. j-off-her-doll

j-off-her-doll FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Other than G. Bernard (who almost surely won't be there) Z. Stacy is the only RB I'd be excited about getting in the 3rd. I think you can get a RB in the 4th or more than likely the 5th (maybe Bell or Davis) who have value around the 3rd range but will likely fall. I think both guys are good fits, but I don't see either as a guy I'd likely feel compelled to draft before the 5th.

5. Awsi Dooger

Awsi Dooger A True Fan

James isn't exciting but he's a solid no-nonsense back. Reminds me of the backs the Colts used to pick up for a year or two and use in short yardage situations.

I imagine he'll be available late, 6th or 7th round if not free agent.

James is a smart kid with great character. He could potentially help Lamar Miller learn the playbook and other nuances.

6. kvado16

kvado16 A True Fan

Yeee! Get Le'veon or Montee Ball and I'll be fine. Bernard would be great but I doubt we'll be in position to get him.

7. Twitches Brew

Twitches Brew A True Fan

Bell is being overrated. I think he's a 5th-round talent. Might become an OK 3rd-down back (experienced, good pass pro, soft hands catching), but that's it. Ineffective between the Tackles, made his college living running outside - weird for a guy that size, red flag. Little burst out of cuts, long-strider with build-up speed (which is why he typically runs horizontally), doesn't break nearly enough tackles for a guy his size, just not that physically tough. I would not draft him with the intention of giving him 10-15 carries/gm. Bust potential. Andre Ellington also being overrated, imo, though he's a good receiver. His decisions and tendencies remind me of Reggie Bush: bouncing outside, ineffective between the Tackles, dances a lot, not much toughness - but Ellington doesn't have near Bush's athletic ability to pull it off.

This class is pretty good. Love Gio Bernard. I really wanted Bernard Pierce last year, didn't happen; really hoping for Gio Bernard this year, hopefully that goes down. Gonna get one these Bernard's, damnit. Franklin is a nice player, really like Pryor a lot, and Mike James is the man.

8. Phinsfan93

Phinsfan93 A True Fan

Montee Ball :woot:

Latavius Murray and or Knile Davis in the 5th-7th.

9. finomenal

finomenal A True Fan

No thanks. We have too many other important needs and a RB can be had later. It's much easier to find a RB than any other position.