Le'Veon Bell in the 3rd? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Le'Veon Bell in the 3rd?

Vol&dolfan

Starter
Reaction score
I don't think the team has much faith in D Thomas. And I think we are going to need a good size rb for goal line and short yardage. your thaughts?

Im hoping we draft Mike James, I think he is very underrated and just as good as most of these backs in this year draft. So I willing to wait for a late pick to draft a running back and I would think James would be a sleeper addition.

I think another late back that would fit our offense would be Knile Davis.

Other than G. Bernard (who almost surely won't be there) Z. Stacy is the only RB I'd be excited about getting in the 3rd. I think you can get a RB in the 4th or more than likely the 5th (maybe Bell or Davis) who have value around the 3rd range but will likely fall. I think both guys are good fits, but I don't see either as a guy I'd likely feel compelled to draft before the 5th.

Im hoping we draft Mike James, I think he is very underrated and just as good as most of these backs in this year draft. So I willing to wait for a late pick to draft a running back and I would think James would be a sleeper addition.

James isn't exciting but he's a solid no-nonsense back. Reminds me of the backs the Colts used to pick up for a year or two and use in short yardage situations.

I imagine he'll be available late, 6th or 7th round if not free agent.

James is a smart kid with great character. He could potentially help Lamar Miller learn the playbook and other nuances.

Yeee! Get Le'veon or Montee Ball and I'll be fine. Bernard would be great but I doubt we'll be in position to get him.

Bell is being overrated. I think he's a 5th-round talent. Might become an OK 3rd-down back (experienced, good pass pro, soft hands catching), but that's it. Ineffective between the Tackles, made his college living running outside - weird for a guy that size, red flag. Little burst out of cuts, long-strider with build-up speed (which is why he typically runs horizontally), doesn't break nearly enough tackles for a guy his size, just not that physically tough. I would not draft him with the intention of giving him 10-15 carries/gm. Bust potential. Andre Ellington also being overrated, imo, though he's a good receiver. His decisions and tendencies remind me of Reggie Bush: bouncing outside, ineffective between the Tackles, dances a lot, not much toughness - but Ellington doesn't have near Bush's athletic ability to pull it off.

This class is pretty good. Love Gio Bernard. I really wanted Bernard Pierce last year, didn't happen; really hoping for Gio Bernard this year, hopefully that goes down. Gonna get one these Bernard's, damnit. Franklin is a nice player, really like Pryor a lot, and Mike James is the man.

No thanks. We have too many other important needs and a RB can be had later. It's much easier to find a RB than any other position.

Back
Top Bottom