Lindy's preview magazine came out today! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lindy's preview magazine came out today!

phinsphan4ever

Welcome to Miami Daunte!!
Reaction score
I find that Lindy's NFL preview mag has the most information, features, etc. compared to the others. I picked up a copy this afternoon and here is some of their predictions. They predict us and the Titans to get the two AFC wildcards. The division winners are N.E., Baltimore, Indy, and KC. They see a KC vs. Baltimore(yeah right) AFC championship with KC winning and representing the AFC. In the NFC, they've got the two wildcards as Minnesota and Seattle. The divsion winners are Philly, GB, Carolina, and St. Louis. They've got a GB vs. St. Louis NFC championship with the Rams representing the NFC. In the SB, they see Vermeil and the Chiefs taking it all. I disagree with some of their picks, especially the Ravens making it all the way to the AFC championship game.

Well the projection is as good as anyone could make.No one thought Carolina would be in the SB last year ,or that the Ravens would win the SB some years back so anything is posible (Even the dolphins reaching the SB).Thats what parity brings to the game and makes it so interesting.Personally I beleive Pats will get to championship game at least.

lindy's is bye far the best football preview mag on the market .. love the indept info and draft previews ...

phinsphan4ever said:
The division winners are N.E., Baltimore, Indy, and KC. They see a KC vs. Baltimore(yeah right) AFC championship with KC winning and representing the AFC. In the NFC, they've got the two wildcards as Minnesota and Seattle. The divsion winners are Philly, GB, Carolina, and St. Louis.

they really went out on a limb with their picks :rolleyes: . they predicted EXACT same division winners and nearly the same wild cards as last year, the only differences were replacing denver with us and dallas with minnesota. way to churn out worthless fishwrap guys...

I never have bought nor will I ever buy these prewiew mags. And this is the reason why...

Fiedler for MVP said:
they really went out on a limb with their picks :rolleyes: . they predicted EXACT same division winners and nearly the same wild cards as last year, the only differences were replacing denver with us and dallas with minnesota. way to churn out worthless fishwrap guys...
How can you preview the season before guys even put pads on...injuries happen...no namers appear. Not one preseaon game is played and they have a educated guess at what might happen? GIVE ME A BREAK!

can anyone go into detail what they wrote about miami and such?

Over the past 5 years it is rare that teams repeat as division champs year to year(sorry I don't have exact stats) It is too easy to pick the same teams to win as won the previous year. I bet they'll be wrong 6 out of 8.

I always used to get a ton of preseason mags but I don't find them usefull anymore w/ the internet being around. The info is usually outdated and there is nothing earth shattering so I buy them anymore.

I do agree that Lindy's is one of the better one's, I always thought Pro Football Weekly was the best though.

Bopkin02 said:
Over the past 5 years it is rare that teams repeat as division champs year to year(sorry I don't have exact stats) It is too easy to pick the same teams to win as won the previous year. I bet they'll be wrong 6 out of 8.

Very true and on a positive note(for me) the last 2 times the Pats won the division('97 & '01) the Jets won the division the following year('98 & '02) so hopefully recent history repeats itself. I knoe you guys are w/ me :D

I actually like not being predicted to win anything. It would not hurt us to not start out with big expectations by the media. If the fins go out and play hard and take care of their own business, then that is what matters. Yeah I know I just said a whole bunch of nothing. :roflmao:

Preview magazines are just fun to read. The info is just predictions and all that we could argue about for months. I wish I got paid to make NFL predictions. What a life that would be. That and play video games for a living, just like they showed on SportsCenter a few days ago...

I agree, Lindeys is by far the best football preview book out there.....

I keep seeing the Ravens getting respect everywhere....Im not sure why...Why does everyone still think the Ravens will be good? Belive it or not, in my opinion their Offense has gotten worse,... WORSE?....yea, i myself thought that couldnt be possible but they did. They have no QB, heck, they got sdesperate and aquired Kordell Stewart....they got no WR's whatsoever, J. Lewis is in trouble, & Ray Lewis is bound to be cursed.....I see the ravens getting respect everywhere, these are not the same old ravens anymore....

ThunderCane said:
I never have bought nor will I ever buy these prewiew mags. And this is the reason why...

How can you preview the season before guys even put pads on...injuries happen...no namers appear. Not one preseaon game is played and they have a educated guess at what might happen? GIVE ME A BREAK!
Because people will buy it that's why.

I actually like not being predicted to win anything. It would not hurt us to not start out with big expectations by the media.

I couldn't agree more. That's precisely the reason why other teams hate us. Because year after year, we're projected to win it all and never live up to expectation. I've been hoping for a year where we're expected to be in the basement, so people finally realize how good we really are/have been.

There used to be a time without the internet. Preview Magazines were a god send.

Back
Top Bottom