Line Depth Critical after Cornerback | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Line Depth Critical after Cornerback

miamirw

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
After Cornerback, which is a huge hole, our line depth, specifically at Tackle -both on offense and defense is unsettling thin. If Jason Ferguson gets hurt, we have Paul Soliai and Joe Cohen. That's it. Tony McDaniel is going to back up Randy Starks. At the tackle spot, Nate Garner and Brandon Frye back up Long and Carey. That's not a good situation.

There's lots of good tackles in this draft and we could really solidify these parts of our team. Another ILB to push Ayodele would be nice too.

Here's my mock:

1. Vontae Davis, CB
2a. Phil Loadholt, OT
2b. Ron Brace, DT
3. Ramses Barden, WR
4. Brandon Underwood, CB
5. Jasper Brinkley, ILB
6. Ramon Foster, OT
7a. Pat White, QB/WR
7b. Jonathan Casillas, OLB

Otside of QB, WR, and RB, our depth is thin at every position. We are a few injuries away from being in big trouble. Lucky for us, you play with a broken cranium or get cut!

I really hope we take an olineman on the first day.

Well, ya started out good with your first two picks. The rest is bad to absurd.

White in the 7th, c'mon.

After Cornerback, which is a huge hole, our line depth, specifically at Tackle -both on offense and defense is unsettling thin. If Jason Ferguson gets hurt, we have Paul Soliai and Joe Cohen. That's it. Tony McDaniel is going to back up Randy Starks. At the tackle spot, Nate Garner and Brandon Frye back up Long and Carey. That's not a good situation.

There's lots of good tackles in this draft and we could really solidify these parts of our team. Another ILB to push Ayodele would be nice too.

Here's my mock:

1. Vontae Davis, CB
2a. Phil Loadholt, OT
2b. Ron Brace, DT
3. Ramses Barden, WR
4. Brandon Underwood, CB
5. Jasper Brinkley, ILB
6. Ramon Foster, OT
7a. Pat White, QB/WR
7b. Jonathan Casillas, OLB

Other than Pat White (who I don't want us to draft) you have a good draft. :up:

I like drafting a backup OT and quality CB's, but there are a couple things I wonder about with this draft.

1. The lack of DE/OLB, more specifically OLB. We didn't have much of a pass rush outside of Porter last year, and without drafting someone, we're putting a ton of faith in Roth and Wake.

2. The lack of interior lineman. We signed Grove and Berger (strictly depth), but Grove, Smiley, and Thomas have all been injured in the past. Grabbing a backup C/G would be more integral to me than the second OT.

Back
Top Bottom