little progress | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

little progress

frostyphin84

phintime
Reaction score
I know we didnt put up the best show sunday, against a team we probably should have. however, some good points:

~we got pressure on the qb- the bucs actually do have a young and talented o-line, and a agile/strong qb; even so we were able to get at freeman several times. It was encouraging.

~Henne handled a larger role- when Ronnie went down, we still moved the ball well, and Chad responded well- we were moving the ball well all game, and that didn't stop when he had more responcibility.

~Ricky looked good without Ronnie- Similar to the above post with Henne seeing how Ricky handled almost a full half with-out Brown changing the pace, or offering rest. It'll be interesting to see if hilliard or sheets will step up to spell Ricky vs. the Panthers.

~We looked good in the 2 minute drill- I know we haven't been thrilled about how we've looked in crunch time, but we looked composed and prepared on that last drive. I personally started a thread awhile back saying I needed to see better preperation from the coaching staff in these situations, and I saw it in the last drive.

Now I know we didn't look great doing it, but we did win, and I saw some progress, both with the players and the coaching staff. We're growing.

I agree, people are too dramatic here. Just because we nearly lost to the lowly Bucs doesn't mean were bad. This game just proved to me that we have learned how to win close games again, something we excelled at last year.

People are making way to big of a deal out of this. There were obvious issues....for me it's the playcalling, but either way. This is a Tampa team who beat the Packers, who in turn a week later nearly shutout the red hot cowboys....

further proof that a win is a win. None are easy!

im right there with ya guys. Not to mention I've noticed alot of the guys who are preaching doom and gloom, didnt hold alot of faith in us succeeding this season anyway, so after saying that we weren't going to be that good, they're complaining we're not the best. some people...

Back
Top Bottom