Look on the bright side | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Look on the bright side

Ohio Fanatic

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
It sounds like McMichael won't get into any huge amount of trouble. Maybe a one-game suspension. But maybe it will cost us a lot less to renegotiate his contract in the future. Freeing up more money for guys like Chambers and Ogunleye.

i personally think mcmicheal is over-rated.. but at the same time he is a TE that comands attention from the opposing defense ... i could be wrong, considering the state of the OL in 2004 .. mcmicheal was used to help protect wade smith .. i realize he hasn't had the breakout season yet ... and that still could happen ... if it does ... i will gladly accept any critisizm from you guy's in finheaven .. but all in all.. he hasn't been the jim jensen or keith jackson i thought he'd become... with the new coaching staff in place... he could become a great TE ... the guy i feel is the sleeper is donald lee ... forrester has a reputation for developing TE's ... lets hope he gets the best out of randy ...

I don't think he's overrated because I don't see his name being mentioned among the elite names at TE, but I do see elite production and athleticism. I just wish he had better concentration when bringing in the ball.

Ohio Fanatic said:
It sounds like McMichael won't get into any huge amount of trouble. Maybe a one-game suspension. But maybe it will cost us a lot less to renegotiate his contract in the future. Freeing up more money for guys like Chambers and Ogunleye.

yeah maybe we can get chambers and o-gun to do the same and will be able to afford everyone :shakeno:

ltfinfan said:
yeah maybe we can get chambers and o-gun to do the same and will be able to afford everyone :shakeno:

Beatings all around!
:tongue: <--- what an ugly face

how can you say Mcmichael is overrated?? When the TE position is brought up all the names you hear are Shockey, Heap, Sharpe, and Gonzalez. If the Dolphins had a QB for the last 2 seasons I fell that McMichael name could be on that list.
If Fiedler starts McMichael's name will not be on the list and we won't be as productive offensively as we could be and if Feeley starts I feel that McMichael will be on the list and will get a trip to Hawaii.

dolfan91 said:
i personally think mcmicheal is over-rated.. but at the same time he is a TE that comands attention from the opposing defense ... i could be wrong, considering the state of the OL in 2004 .. mcmicheal was used to help protect wade smith .. i realize he hasn't had the breakout season yet ... and that still could happen ... if it does ... i will gladly accept any critisizm from you guy's in finheaven .. but all in all.. he hasn't been the jim jensen or keith jackson i thought he'd become... with the new coaching staff in place... he could become a great TE ... the guy i feel is the sleeper is donald lee ... forrester has a reputation for developing TE's ... lets hope he gets the best out of randy ...

I think its rediculous to even think Randy Mcmichael is overrated. Look at his stats while having a below average qb throwing the ball to him. His stats now are impressive, just imagine if he had a decent qb throwing him the ball... He could be one of the greats at TE if we get a qb to throw the ball.

ryyyan24 said:
If Fiedler starts McMichael's name will not be on the list and we won't be as productive offensively as we could be and if Feeley starts I feel that McMichael will be on the list and will get a trip to Hawaii.

It doesnt matter if Feeley starts over Fiedler hes no better then Fiedler... lol. I hope in the end he can turn out to be better and lead our team but as of now its perposterous to even state feeley is better then fiedler. Fiedler is winning in the mini camp competition anyway.

I hope giving up that second rounder for aj was worth it... We still have all off season though.

ryyyan24 said:
how can you say Mcmichael is overrated?? When the TE position is brought up all the names you hear are Shockey, Heap, Sharpe, and Gonzalez. If the Dolphins had a QB for the last 2 seasons I fell that McMichael name could be on that list.
I agree that if Feeley starts that McMichael will be mentioned among the elite tight ends, but only if the left/right tackles can play at an average or above level so he doesn't have to stay in and block. But to get to the probowl, he'd have to leapfrog either Gonzalez (not going to happen) or Todd Heap (top receiving threat on team, so probably not going to happen either). It would take an injury to get McMichael to the probowl now that Sharpe's retired. THe problem is that we now have 2 good WR's and McMichael on a run-oriented team. As far as numbers, most likely none of our 3 receivers will be phenomenol this year, although they could be on another team.

Ohio Fanatic said:
Good point. I hope you're right.

IMO, Randy will benefit alot with Boston on board. With DB and CC's speed, it will demand safety help, which puts a linebacker on Randy. Potential mismatches that Boston's presence makes possible, could make for a huge breakout year for Randy. I'm hoping for 700+ yards and 8TDs. :)

I could see why you think Mcmichael is overrated, at least among posters on this board. Just look at the responses to your post. There are already a couple of posts claiming that Mcmike would be among the top TEs in the league but for the QBing. Personally, I think he has the talent to be a top TE, but he is inconsistent in both his receiving and blocking. That inconsistency is what keeps him out of the top group. And I don't think the QBing was the major reason for the inconsistency. His receiving stats were affected by having to stay in and block. Then he has had several prominent whifs in the blocking department. (The game in NE comes to mind). Receiving wise, JF is much more accurate short than long so you can't blame it all on him. I remember many more instances where Mcmike failed to get separation or simply dropped the ball than instances where the pass was off target.

Back
Top Bottom