Looking into the crystal ball.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Looking into the crystal ball....

BGtoKNfor6

Where is the reset button?
Reaction score
It is starting to get that time of the year again where one may start to look ahead to see where they need to get help from other teams. Looking at the possible playoff scenarios, it appears that the two wild card spots seem to have a very good shot to come from the AFC North, South and East.

Looking ahead, I think we all know that our schedule is very favorable but judging from our past 2 weeks, we need to get better. We WILL get better. It is a shame we lost to baltimore, but coulda, shoulda, woulda is in the past.

Moving on...

It appears the titans will probably wrap up their division. If they beat jax next week, they have basically hard games against the colts and steelers left for the year. That leaves Indy with hard games against the titans, jax and the chargers. While being tied with us right now but they hold a better 4-2 conference record. That makes me believe that they will probably get one of the wild card births IF they live up to their past seasons.

Moving onto the AFC North. We have the steelers and baltimore trying to separate themselves from one another. That being said, baltimores schedule is kinda brutal. That makes me wish we had won but whatever. They have the giants, philly and washington as well as dallas, pittsburgh and jax. OUCH! They love physical play but with mason now with a separated shoulder, it could prove to be too much down the stretch.

With big ben hurting, it just doesn't get any better for the steelers. They have SD, NE, Balt, Dal, Ten to contend with. Daunting in itself. This division should come down to the wire, but if they can get ben healthy I would bet on them over flacco and the ravens.

That leads us to the AFC EAST. God knows it will be a dog fight and seriously the scedule maker couldn't have made it any better. We all play each other in the final weeks leading up to the playoffs. Given our schedule, we have to beat both the jets and the pats to really have a good shot, assuming we clean up against the raiders, rams and kansas city. That makes the game against the pats a VERY pivital game that we MUST WIN (while not mathemically but it will be our game of the year to date assuming we head into the game 6-4).

The patriots have a physical 3 game run, not only to mention a short week against the jets this week. After that they have us and then pittsburgh. If they can lose 2 of the 3, it would be nice as they finish on a relatively week schedule but could be upset against zona.

The Jets have some physical games in the next 3 weeks against the pats, us and then tennessee. They do have an interesting next 3 weeks where they go out west to play the niners and then home and then back out to seattle. That stretch hopefully will provide to be too much for them as they finish the season against us but in their own house. I have a gut feeling that the division and wildcard game very well be determined who gets not only gets the division title but could very well determine who is the 2nd-6th seed in the playoffs. EVERYTHING could beat stake here.

Why didn't I mention buffalo? They could just as much of a player but I don't see it right now. Their final 4 games of the season have them against the jets, denver and new england and of course ourselves. That is a pretty daunting task but they could be up for the challenge.

How about the AFC west? Well someone has to win it right? SD has a brutal schedule with the Pit, Indy and Atl in the next 3 weeks. Add tampa and denver and well you have 5 solid weeks there of games they very well could go 1-4 in. Denver has a more favorable schedule and a game lead already in the division but they also atl, jets, carolina and denver left. Either way, us owning the tie breaker against both teams leads me to believe that the wild card will not come out of the afc west.

Needless to say, as a team we need to really dig deep. While I am far from happy with our offensive peformances against 2 of the worst teams in the NFL, we are still very much in this.

I know it is still anyones for the taking but this is just some preliminary rumblings. Our schedule of all of the teams is probably the most favorable. We really hold olur own destiny. If we can go 10-6, I think we are very much in the divisional/wild card race. Let's just hope baltimore takes their respective division because they own the tie breaker against us. However they probably have the hardest remaining schedule. The steelers have a nasty 5-1 conference record though so man the AFC north very well may be in a good position to gobble up one of those wild card spots.

Why couldn't we be in the NFC WEST? lol

I may have missed something here so someone correct me if there is any erroneous information.

Let's go PHINS!!

My crystal ball says we win 5 more and beat NE and Buffalo, which I think is very doable, then we are in.

The game against New jersey will determine who gets the division.

Jets will win and get the division and we will be the wildcard.

Just think, if we win ALL of the remaining games.....

We could actually have a chance at a bye week in the playoffs next to the Titans.

I wouldn't care one bit, if we squeak in at the number 6 seed I would be super DUPER excited.

Back
Top Bottom